Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

goku im piss posted:

I liked the Hanna-Barbara's retard talking robots, they used to come on in the mornings, and Transformers was on in the afternoon

Also I never noticed all the sweet guitar licks in the credits, mostly because whatever station was airing it would have some announcer come on and start blabbing about whatever terrible poo poo was on next

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAcIffhbqwM

Go-Bots were anime, look up Machine Robo.

HB just made it loving garbage like they always do for a quick buck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

Your mama was a snowblower

The Taint Reaper posted:

Go-Bots were anime, look up Machine Robo.

HB just made it loving garbage like they always do for a quick buck.

I knew they were based on a Japanese toy line, didn't know they had a series.

My nostalgia is no longer intact, i want to die

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Im sorry you feel that way. but ill have you know, as a cartoon maker, i'm working hard to put Nazis back on the screen, (so that they can get beat up by Western heroes)

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Typical posted:

Im sorry you feel that way. but ill have you know, as a cartoon maker, i'm working hard to put Nazis back on the screen, (so that they can get beat up by Western heroes)

Thank you for your service. Obviously Rick and Morty is not a chickenshit cartoon.

When is season 3 coming out and can Space Tits be in it? I will seriously sign something that lets her be in it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The future of cartoons is nazis and muscle chicks all the way down.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Applewhite posted:

Thank you for your service. Obviously Rick and Morty is not a chickenshit cartoon.

When is season 3 coming out and can Space Tits be in it? I will seriously sign something that lets her be in it.

Yes, make this a thing

this is something the world clearly needs

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Typical posted:

I understand that Rick and Morty makes a strong differentiation between space rocks and magic space rocks that turn into lesbians. So will cross overs be restricted to Gravity Falls or will there be others?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
that magic scepter is a half formed goatse

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Typical posted:

Do you know why season 2 was not as good as season 1 or is that NDA?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

notZaar posted:

Do you know why season 2 was not as good as season 1 or is that NDA?

Season two was much better than one you're nuts.
Season 2 brought us Mr. Poopypants which alone was a strong enough episode to justify the season, and also the microverse battery and the Fart alien. All exceptional episodes. You're crazy.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Typical posted:

since you animated this and are in this thread, what's the deal in that beatdown segment with that one frame where the "god hates fags" sign turns into "god hates you"?

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
6 pages in and I'm the nerd who points out that Hitler was in those episodes:

But yeah they couldn't have to much hitler, so CRYO-HITLER at the end.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i agree with you whole heartedly OP, just look at this bullshit:

Dragonball 1980s

Dragonball Super 2016:

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Applewhite posted:

Season 2 brought us Mr. Poopypants which alone was a strong enough episode to justify the season, and also the microverse battery and the Fart alien. All exceptional episodes. You're crazy.

I drew that Battery... and the smashed version.

also thank you. please pray for mr. poopy butthole

Junk posted:

since you animated this and are in this thread, what's the deal in that beatdown segment with that one frame where the "god hates fags" sign turns into "god hates you"?

some one had to fix a few seconds of animation. so that's like. 70 ish frames. they forgot one. there are many mistakes in animation. its all smoke and mirrors.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzTmGSvSOnc

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Rutibex posted:

i agree with you whole heartedly OP, just look at this bullshit:

Dragonball 1980s

Dragonball Super 2016:

fuckin... obama

:twisted:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

symbolic posted:

well not all of us are Gen X

this is still the greatest intro though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLlibrF5DRM

oh my loving god I used to love this show.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

Season 2 has a few good episodes, but season 1 is almost entirely good episodes.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

notZaar posted:

Season 2 has a few good episodes, but season 1 is almost entirely good episodes.

Season 2 has a few great episodes, mostly good episodes and even (what I would call) it's weakest episode "Get Shwifty" still brought us the titular song.
I suppose in terms of consistent quality Season 1 is ahead of 2 but season 2 made a very strong showing and I think with season 3 we're really going to see some amazing stuff.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Applewhite posted:

Season 2 has a few great episodes, mostly good episodes and even (what I would call) it's weakest episode "Get Shwifty" still brought us the titular song.
I suppose in terms of consistent quality Season 1 is ahead of 2 but season 2 made a very strong showing and I think with season 3 we're really going to see some amazing stuff.

Season 2 has a consistent tone and I hope they keep their weird sci-fi and twilight zone feeling

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THOcqbKoK_o

lol @ the wizardly battle between the space Native American and an unnamed, evil force.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Applewhite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THOcqbKoK_o

lol @ the wizardly battle between the space Native American and an unnamed, evil force.

it is space whites, irrc

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

it is space whites, irrc

Oh well then the Native American guy doesn't stand a chance.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Applewhite posted:

Oh well then the Native American guy doesn't stand a chance.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I'm the purple bad guy's obvious Darth Vader bib.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

i lov spac and tit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
I re watched a lot of The Real Ghosbusters and seasons 1 to 3 are smarter than i thought they would be. There was a whole ep about the Cthulhu mythos. Several ep where somebody tried to destroy the world. References to the occult and paranormal in keeping with the movies.
So Ghostbusters had balls, untill they retooled it to be all about stupid rear end in a top hat slimer.

• Locked thread