Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Frances Ha and Mistress America were both well reviewed but underexposed. I'm sure there's a large contingent of goons that would hate them both (including the late, unlamented Current Releases feature), but they're good some come at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.
The Duke of Burgundy was my favorite movie of 2015. It's got a sexy Euro-art house feel, so it might not be for everyone, but I loved it. It's on Netflix

Also, on Netflix--The Overnight, starring Jason Schwartzman, Adam Scott, and Taylor Schilling was pretty funny and unexpected.

EHOPJAEAJA
Mar 7, 2016

by zen death robot
wasnt that into camping rave mosh pit type things imo

wat happened to industrial types and nu metal was tragic

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Toilet Mouth posted:

Frances Ha and Mistress America were both well reviewed but underexposed. I'm sure there's a large contingent of goons that would hate them both (including the late, unlamented Current Releases feature), but they're good some come at me.

Not to be 'that goon' but I can think of almost nothing more pretentious than showing the Brooklyn zip code in front of each scene in Frances Ha. It means literally nothing to any non-New Yorker and just reeked of obnoxious neighborhood snobbery or cluelessness that audiences outside of NYC might even exist.

And it's purely a director thing, since it has nothing to do with the characters or story.

Plus I hated that character's glasses but I can admit that that's a personal thing.

• Locked thread