Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fartbong Bonersatan posted:

Nah, they look like poo poo on non-mobile as well. Whatever process they use to encode sucks.

It's because they're interlaced, rather than progressive scan.

Basically, they're 1080i instead of 1080p and i is fuckin' garbage.
It's not nearly as noticeable on 720 mode, so I watch them on that because even with the lower resolution, it's better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Excuse train rolling in to the station on time
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/29/11134030/coach-anderson-silva-thought-he-cracked-repaired-leg-in-first-round

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

well there's gotta be some reason why Anderson Silva, the greatest middleweight of all time, lost to Michael Bisping, the 3rd best middleweight of November 2012.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

quote:

"Silva did some exams after the fight. He suffered an injury, but the screw didn’t move," he added. "I don’t know how bad the injury was, but I know the screw didn’t move and he won’t need a surgery. He was in pain in the locker room, but he won’t need surgery. He was in pain, he couldn’t even put his shoes on, but he’s fine now."

The boxing coach scored the contest 48-47 in Silva’s favor, and thinks referee Herb Dean should have ended the fight after the third round since it took almost 90 seconds for the fourth round to start.

That's the most Brazilian thing I've ever read.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Well, I'm certainly glad that Anderson had no part in that 90-second delay before the next round could start.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Anderson probably doesnt even care if he wins, hes just there to have fun and do funny stuff (he does funny stuff and loses) The fight was rigged, those judges should be fired, they should have stopped it in between rounds anyway because Anderson climbed onto the fence which means he won, he thought he injured himself even though he didnt, Bispings punches didnt do anything, this is a disgrace to the sport,

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
It's a shame Roy Nelson will never be champ, since :swoon: Hassy :swoon: makes the best drawings of him

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Sometimes I feel downright uncomfortable looking at this lonely Japanese man's sex drawings of fighters

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Goddammit Hassy

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

CommonShore posted:

That's the most Brazilian thing I've ever read.

Admit it though the fight really wasn't over until the Brazilian excuses started flying.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hassy shouldn't draw people who aren't Mark Hunt, it feels like betrayal.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
If Bisping had fought Silva back in 2012-13 before Weidman stole his soul, would things have turned out differently? I remember everyone around here (including me) really wanted to see Silva destroy Bisping back then.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Anderson silva would have bee able to win that fight easily if he did anything other than stand back for what felt like the first minute and a half of the 4th round.

If anderson just went back to his corner instead of jumping on the cage, walked forward at the beginning of round four and threw some hard shot he wouldve got the finish. Instead he gave bisping near on 3 minutes by my count to recover.

Hell he was landing to the body with his left kick and i fully expected him to go high with it because the opening was there but after one blocked kick he never went back to that well.

It wasnt herb dean, it wasnt the judges, Anderson being Anderson cost him that fight. It was there for him to win more than once imo.

Also Connor by my count has probably made over 10 million dollars in his last two fights the mendes and aldo ppvs were both huge numbers. Even if hes socked away half that figure and blown the rest on cars and shiny stuff hed be making over 200k a year in interest in a basic savings account.

Hes also probably got another 10 million if slightly less coming his way accross his next 2 or 3 fights. Unless hes got a mike tyson esque entourage hes paying rediculous salaries he'll be fine.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ariza posted:

If Bisping had fought Silva back in 2012-13 before Weidman stole his soul, would things have turned out differently? I remember everyone around here (including me) really wanted to see Silva destroy Bisping back then.

Solid maybe. Bisbing's got a chin and iron hands. Weirder things have happened.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

BlindSite posted:

Unless hes got a mike tyson esque entourage hes paying rediculous salaries he'll be fine.

hey man artem lobov's gotta eat

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

1st AD posted:

hey man artem lobov's gotta eat

Big torso boys like that don't eat cheap.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Anderson pre weidman would have eaten Bisping alive

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

Goddammit Hassy

hassy owns

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
also just caught up on the weekends fights and lol congrats dj mikey b

Bad Mr Frosty
Apr 25, 2012

SquirrelGrip posted:

also just caught up on the weekends fights and lol congrats dj mikey b

Thank you.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Dangersim posted:

Anderson pre weidman would have eaten Bisping alive

It's 2016 and we're still discovering new ways UK food sucks rear end.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
https://amp.twimg.com/v/9b80c9a0-3869-481a-9024-f935a76ecf44

Nate and Conor being nice to each other.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Ariza posted:

the part where he killed him would have happened earlier, and probably again

actually maybe the only difference would be anderson not getting knocked down or gassing

Bundt Cake fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Mar 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
New one: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3766381

• Locked thread