Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

social vegan posted:

The Helios and the Goldmund albums that came out last year and maybe Grandbrothers if that was last year

:hfive:

The new Mint Julep streets in two weeks and it's loving fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Ghost is literally Scooby Doo chase music and I do not understand why people like them

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I almost bought the new Longmont Potion Castle but didn't.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
edit: nvm

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Clamps McGraw posted:

Ghost is literally Scooby Doo chase music and I do not understand why people like them

it's just the aesthetic I think

I hope

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Did anyone else get that hot new Justin Bieber?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Clamps McGraw posted:

It's less that I don't understand why people like them and more I don't understand why people consider them to be An Important Metal Band, and more importantly a metal band in general

In 2015 I bought a bunch of old CDs at Goodwill because my car has a CD player now, but there was a ton of great new music. Off the top of my head we got (and I bought):

-Blur - Magic Whip
-Symphony X - Underworld
-Between the Buried and Me - Coma Ecliptic (album of the year right here)
-The Sword - High Country
as well as great new releases from Cloudkicker, Muse, Deafheaven, High on Fire, Mouse on the Keys, Leftover Crack out of loving nowhere, Periphery, Ratatat, Metric, Windhand, Black Dahlia Murder, and Torche

holy crap, I bought a lot of music last year. Not being poor is turning out pretty great!

e: also even if you don't like metal if you have even a passing love of 70-80's prog rock you owe it to yourself to listen to Coma Ecliptic at least once

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 3, 2016

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

ghlbtsk posted:

:hfive:

The new Mint Julep streets in two weeks and it's loving fantastic.

thank u friend

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

drunk asian neighbor posted:

It's less that I don't understand why people like them and more I don't understand why people consider them to be An Important Metal Band, and more importantly a metal band in general

I'm not entirely sure the whole thing isn't just an experiment to see if the Kiss formula is repeatable, except done by people that think covering ABBA and Depeche Mode is a good idea.

More importantly: 2016, new Primal Fear is out.

Gorgar fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 3, 2016

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i bought the album Turkey by Mike Krol because i couldn't find a torrent, and thats pretty mch it

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
https://venetiansnares.bandcamp.com/album/thank-you-for-your-consideration

https://bleep.com/release/65988-vhs-head-sarah-eat-neon

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

bought a good bit of music in 2015. yep. i like music.

afx - orphan deejay seelek
autechre - ae_live
beatwife - cornbrail acid 2 & 2.5
black moth super rainbow - seefu lilac
oneohtrix point eveer - garen of delete
dmx krew - there is no enduring self
drew lustman - crystal cowboy
ducktails - st.catherine
eod - eods1-6
global goon - great heck, rivers, pop spectrum
jamie xx - in colour
lakker - tundra
lapalux - lustmore
luke vibert - bizartster & kerrier district 4

im gonna stop there you get it

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
All music is bad and I've barely listened to any in years :shrug: I still kind of like qotsa actually but got tired of listening to the same songs over and over

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Gorgar posted:

More importantly: 2016, new Primal Fear is out.
Primal Fear, Exumer, and Prong all had new albums the other day, and Megadeth's new album is their best since Rust in Peace IMO. this year loving owns so far.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I bought Fever 121614 by Deerhoof because it came with video of the show. I need to buy the live Autechre album because I like them and want to give them money.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

a couple compilations of WWF entrance themes for j/o seshes. i like pretending i have to finish before hardcore holly comes out and shames me for my sinful acts

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrEIRwa362c
BLACK WITCH Rocked with some doom/stoner riffage & dynamite female vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZFGHieCGCU
MOTHER MARS - Black Coffee And Good Advice Stoner rock infused with bluesy harmonica.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9eA77if8ns
The Black Wizards - Lake Of Fire Groovy as gently caress fuzz, riffage with female vocals. Get on this.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Seeing Mgła here reminded me I got Batushka's debut in wooden box near the end of the year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgfa5UlZAL8

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
People still buy music? Is there even a way to buy music outside of iTunes? And does anyone still use iTunes?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Prorat posted:

People still buy music? Is there even a way to buy music outside of iTunes? And does anyone still use iTunes?

Yes
Yes

unfortunately yes

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Going to give this Venetian Snares a listen later, but did he ever stop trying to make horrible classical music?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Why Am I So Happy? by Spose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrlVkQazoZ0

Full album is available for free but support your local artists!

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
A bunch of soundtracks bundled in with video games, obviously

Last music I intentionally bought was stuff of M|O|O|N's website (guy did half the tunes for Hotline Miami) and before that it was Tom Petty's Echo on release back in 1999 (good album imo). Ive still got enough terrible CDs that were 15 a pop back in the mid 90s to last me a lifetime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

I think Sleater-Kinney's No Cities To Love was the first album I've bought since the Drive soundtrack.

• Locked thread