Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hazzard
Mar 16, 2013
Problem description: I was running BBC Iplayer and a mod installing program for Skyrim when everything stops responding. I was forced to shut down, but after the computer said it was logging off for half an hour I switched it off at the back. Now the External Hard Drive has stopped working.

Attempted fixes: I have switched plug sockets and USB ports on the computer. One slot caused the blue light on the drive to flash when it should be on non-stop, but otherwise function was the same. System restore to a few days prior has also changed nothing. System Restore to a few days prior.

Recent changes: A lot of downloading and use over the past few days, but no warnings before the breaking.

Operating system: Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit.

System specs:
Broken Device: Seagate Expansion Drive, 2TB
Model: SRD00F2
Anything else useful?

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
First try it on a different computer. If that also fails, can you get the drive out of the housing and connect it directly to your motherboard?

Hazzard
Mar 16, 2013
I don't know how right now and can't see anything in the container to remove it. I'll try another computer at the next opportunity.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
I dunno if this is your exact model, but here's a video on how to disassemble it and remove the drive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRG3lzxA3Yo

• Locked thread