Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

FishionMailed posted:

she probably could have gotten a case of kit kat out of it but she's just being a greedy bint and I hope Nestle tells her to go pick cocoa with their child farmers in the ivory coast

are they made with the blood of palestinians?

That sure is a relevant and edgy joke that totally hasn't been done in the thread already :bravo:!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

seriously though if you put politics before chocolate I don't even know what to tell you

herny rollins would tell you to stop talking and cram some chocolate down your throat goddamnit

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

drunk asian neighbor posted:

seriously though if you put politics before chocolate I don't even know what to tell you

herny rollins would tell you to stop talking and cram some chocolate down your throat goddamnit

seriously though if you put crappy chocolate before considerations of child slave labor then I don't even know what to tell you

shitbird

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
thsi would never happen under the caliphate

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

FishionMailed posted:

seriously though if you put crappy chocolate before considerations of child slave labor then I don't even know what to tell you

shitbird

welp agree to disagree then I guess :shrug:

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
"I full well know that this company I am giving my money to in exchange for mediocre chocolate utilized child slave labor but it's okay but it's just one person and just one chocolate bar, it doesn't matter."

- a capitalist pig

Like if the chocolate was the best on Earth maybe you'd have some sort of argument but it's not even that good get you some not poo poo tier chocolate that doesn't taste like dirt and doesn't have 'well if you limit your intake to 7.5mg per kilo you should be fine' chemicals in it wtf lmao

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i'm an english judge and if this miscreant dares set foot in my courtroom i'm going to sentence her to fall off a boat

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

FishionMailed posted:

"I full well know that this company I am giving my money to in exchange for mediocre chocolate utilized child slave labor but it's okay but it's just one person and just one chocolate bar, it doesn't matter."

- a capitalist pig

Like if the chocolate was the best on Earth maybe you'd have some sort of argument but it's not even that good get you some not poo poo tier chocolate.

Well that's Nestle and the candy I linked is made in Israel by a completely different company, so good job putting words in my mouth I guess?

Congrats on being the guy that takes a picture of a candy bar from Israel and uses it as a political soapbox in a thread that about entitled idiots, too!

e: also loving :lol: at any idiot who tries to unironically avoid Israeli products due to a political opinion they got from watching the TV news

"guys don't use Sodastream it's an Israeli product and I am going to generalize the country as a whole as murdering oppressive savages because obviously every citizen of a country agrees 100% with the lovely things their government does" - posted from a Google account on Microsoft Windows running off an Intel processor

This thread is quickly becoming Serious Business you guys

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Feb 2, 2016

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

that's not wafer it's the brittle bones of the malaysian children that are sacrificed to appease mister nestle

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

Well that's Nestle and the candy I linked is made in Israel by a completely different company, so good job putting words in my mouth I guess?

Congrats on being the guy that takes a picture of a candy bar from Israel and uses it as a political soapbox in a thread that about entitled idiots, too!

e: also loving :lol: at any idiot who tries to unironically avoid Israeli products due to a political opinion they got from watching the TV news

"guys don't use Sodastream it's an Israeli product and I am going to generalize the country as a whole as murdering oppressive savages because obviously every citizen of a country agrees 100% with the lovely things their government does" - posted from a Google account on Microsoft Windows running off an Intel processor

This thread is quickly becoming Serious Business you guys

you sound really defensive about this

does it make you mad that I don't like buying Sabra hummus either? Yeah I'm posting from an Intel based system but at least Intel isn't donating to the IDF as far as I know. Plus it's not like there's a choice really, they basically dominate the market and have no competition anymore.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

social vegan posted:

that's not wafer it's the brittle bones of the malaysian children that are sacrificed to appease mister nestle

The real secret flavor ingredient is actually a combination of 3 types of tears: small brown children, SJWs, and most importantly any American who has ever eaten chocolate outside of the USA

FishionMailed posted:

you sound really defensive about this

does it make you mad that I don't like buying Sabra hummus either?

nah it's actually pretty funny, because of the reason I mentioned above (if you really wanted to boycott Israeli products say goodbye to anything you own/use designed by Google, MS or Intel because a significant chunk of their development is done in Israel)

Also because Sabra an American company HQ'ed in White Plains, NY and their main production plant is in Chesterfield, VA

quote:

Plus it's not like there's a choice really, they basically dominate the market and have no competition anymore.

If you really gave a flying gently caress beyond what is immediately convenient to you you'd probably realize what a bad argument this is (also AMD still exists last time I checked)

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Feb 2, 2016

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Congrats forum user FishionMailed for turning a thread about chocolate into an anti-Israel D&D overflow thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!

back on track: what is the deal with these crazy artisanal chocolates nowadays? I saw some brand that sells chocolate bars the size/shape of a hockey puck and they're like $9 each

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Feb 2, 2016

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

The real secret flavor ingredient is actually a combination of 3 types of tears: small brown children, SJWs, and most importantly any American who has ever eaten chocolate outside of the USA

nah it's actually pretty funny, because of the reason I mentioned above (if you really wanted to boycott Israeli products say goodbye to anything you own/use designed by Google, MS or Intel because a significant chunk of their development is done in Israel)

Also because Sabra an American company HQ'ed in White Plains, NY and their main production plant is in Chesterfield, VA

If you really gave a flying gently caress beyond what is immediately convenient to you you'd probably realize what a bad argument this is (also AMD still exists last time I checked)

You suck

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

Sabra donates money to the IDF fuckwit that's why I don't like them. Not just because they're vaguely Israeli or whatever you're trying to insinuate.

And it's not a bad argument as a computer is kind of necessary in today's society and given that there's ONE loving CHOICE about who to use hardware wise it's kind of either go live in the woods or don't ever boycott anything because gently caress it right I'm already using Intel so who cares? poo poo isn't as binary as you're making it out to be. I have little choice about what computers are in my office. I DO have the choice not to buy a candy bar.

And AMD doesn't make 'high performance CPUs' anymore (or desktop processors in general afaik) because Intel dominates the gently caress out of that market so suck my dickk

you shoulda just dropped it when I thought you were talking about Kit Kats but then you weren't because that was fair enough but now you're just digging a relative morality hole for yourself

FishionMailed fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 2, 2016

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
KitKats are loving trash anyway who cares

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

FishionMailed posted:

Sabra donates money to the IDF fuckwit that's why I don't like them. Not just because they're vaguely Israeli or whatever you're trying to insinuate.

And it's not a bad argument as a computer is kind of necessary in today's society and given that there's ONE loving CHOICE about who to use hardware wise it's kind of either go live in the woods or don't ever boycott anything because gently caress it right I'm already using Intel so who cares? poo poo isn't as binary as you're making it out to be. I have little choice about what computers are in my office. I DO have the choice not to buy a candy bar.

And AMD doesn't make 'high performance CPUs' anymore (or desktop processors in general afaik) because Intel dominates the gently caress out of that market so suck my dickk

you shoulda just dropped it when I thought you were talking about Kit Kats but then you weren't because that was fair enough but now you're just digging a relative morality hole for yourself

lmfao dude I don't loving care about your opinions but going "but but AMD doesn't make GOOD processors anymore!!!" is a really weak response (hint, they do make high-end consumer processors but I guess 10 seconds on Google is too much to ask). Go buy a loving tablet with a Qualcomm processor in it or something or switch to an AMD processor if you're that serious about your opinion because right now you're literally admitting you only make moral choices when they are completely convenient to you

but go ahead man you be you, you should feel really morally superior about your decision to not buy a candy bar you've most likely never even seen or heard of before (though I guess I should have figured out you're an idiot when you somehow came to the conclusion that I'm unironically OK with Nestle using child labor to make their bad chocolate)

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

lmfao dude I don't loving care about your opinions but going "but but AMD doesn't make GOOD processors anymore!!!" is a really weak response (hint, they do make high-end consumer processors but I guess 10 seconds on Google is too much to ask). Go buy a loving tablet with a Qualcomm processor in it or something or switch to an AMD processor if you're that serious about your opinion because right now you're literally admitting you only make moral choices when they are completely convenient to you

but go ahead man you be you, you should feel really morally superior about your decision to not buy a candy bar you've most likely never even seen or heard of before (though I guess I should have figured out you're an idiot when you somehow came to the conclusion that I'm unironically OK with Nestle using child labor to make their bad chocolate)

Dude it's beside the point.

I have no choice in the computer I use at the office. I have a choice in the things I buy. Just because I use an item in my office that has an Intel chip doesn't mean I suddenly have no basis for not wanting to pay for Sabra hummus.

It's very simple.

Also again Intel doesn't donate to IDF as far as I know so again there's shades of grey you're ignoring to make your angry point. I don't have a problem with Israelis. I have a problem with Israel's foreign policy and by extension the military means they use to enforce it so I don't want to buy products from a company that has adopted an IDF unit.

FishionMailed fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 2, 2016

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

FishionMailed posted:

Dude it's beside the point.

I have no choice in the computer I use at the office. I have a choice in the things I buy. Just because I use an item in my office that has an Intel chip doesn't mean I suddenly have no basis for not wanting to pay for Sabra hummus.

It's very simple.

I didn't say that. I said your choices are based on convenience and nothing else. What about your home computer? Is it an AMD processor? Did you stop to consider the moral implications of the part you ended up buying?
Do you make other moral choices when buying poo poo, or did you read an article from 2010 about Sabra and make your choice based on that alone?

Really though it's just kind of silly that I made a post that was literally "hey guys this chocolate bar is awesome" and you literally attacked me for justifying slave labor. Not only was I talking about a different company entirely, the fact that you're still trying to argue that you're in the right means that not only were you actually serious when you made that "blood of Palestinian children" comment, you actually believe you have some sort of moral high ground because of it.

You're the one who saw a label in Hebrew and tried to turn it into an unironic anti-Israel soapbox, and then got mad and called me names when I tried to steer the topic back to where it was with a very obviously facetious post. Why you would do that for any reason at all except to feel morally superior to an internet stranger is completely beyond me

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

FishionMailed posted:

Also again Intel doesn't donate to IDF as far as I know so again there's shades of grey you're ignoring to make your angry point.

Neither does Elite but you didn't seem to have a problem forming an opinion on them based on seeing the word "Israel" in my post which is literally what started this idiotic argument so I don't even know anymore dude, I think you're just trolling me at this point to be honest

FishionMailed posted:

I don't have a problem with Israelis. I have a problem with Israel's foreign policy and by extension the military means they use to enforce it so I don't want to buy products from a company that has adopted an IDF unit.

Well then maybe you should have put 5 seconds of thought into your posting because right now it really looks like your initial point was "This chocolate bar is made in Israel so it must be made with the blood of innocent Palestinian children," which I initially thought was just another joke but apparently you're ready to defend it to the death based entirely on the fact that it's made in Israel and literally nothing else

Like your first post could be either a joke or not which is whatever, but then you keep trying to defend it with unrelated examples. The only reason I brought Intel etc. into the mix was to prove that a legitimate boycott of Israeli products is a lot harder than just buying Cedar over Sabra hummus, but you're the one who implied that because Elite is an Israeli company, they are automatically evil and must be boycotted, and that single example you're touting isn't even a majority-Israeli company.

Out of curiosity, what brand hummus do you buy?

e: according to Google you can add Motorola (and therefore by extension Lenovo) and Hewlett-Packard to the mix of companies that do a ton of business and R&D in Israel, so I sure hope you don't own any products made by them!

e2: also, despite all the hosed up poo poo the Israeli government does to Palestinians, and all the (mostly justified) vitriol the occupied residents have for the Israeli government, even the official Palestinian newspaper can find praise for the efforts made to employ Palestinian workers at Israeli-owned companies (to the tune of $20 billion of annual trade commercial trade) so, like most things in the world, it's not really as easy as just not buying a product from Israel to support Palestine.

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 2, 2016

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010
Those Israeli chocolate bars are pretty loving good.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Not a jew, huh....

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Neither does Elite but you didn't seem to have a problem forming an opinion on them based on seeing the word "Israel" in my post which is literally what started this idiotic argument so I don't even know anymore dude, I think you're just trolling me at this point to be honest

Well then maybe you should have put 5 seconds of thought into your posting because right now it really looks like your initial point was "This chocolate bar is made in Israel so it must be made with the blood of innocent Palestinian children," which I initially thought was just another joke but apparently you're ready to defend it to the death based entirely on the fact that it's made in Israel and literally nothing else

Like your first post could be either a joke or not which is whatever, but then you keep trying to defend it with unrelated examples. The only reason I brought Intel etc. into the mix was to prove that a legitimate boycott of Israeli products is a lot harder than just buying Cedar over Sabra hummus, but you're the one who implied that because Elite is an Israeli company, they are automatically evil and must be boycotted, and that single example you're touting isn't even a majority-Israeli company.

Out of curiosity, what brand hummus do you buy?

e: according to Google you can add Motorola (and therefore by extension Lenovo) and Hewlett-Packard to the mix of companies that do a ton of business and R&D in Israel, so I sure hope you don't own any products made by them!

e2: also, despite all the hosed up poo poo the Israeli government does to Palestinians, and all the (mostly justified) vitriol the occupied residents have for the Israeli government, even the official Palestinian newspaper can find praise for the efforts made to employ Palestinian workers at Israeli-owned companies (to the tune of $20 billion of annual trade commercial trade) so, like most things in the world, it's not really as easy as just not buying a product from Israel to support Palestine.

have you considered getting a tumblr? I think you'd fit in well there

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Coolness Averted posted:

have you considered getting a tumblr? I think you'd fit in well there

zionistchocolate.tumblr.com

actually mods please change my name to Zionist Chocolate Conspiracy tia

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
the protocols of the elders of nestle

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
If it takes you more than four or five paragraphs to articulate why Israel isn't bad they are probably bad

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
She got the halal version, i.e. no wafers.

She is a scam artist, don't trust her.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Nestle is going to find and destroy this bitch

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
I think it would suck if Intel or AMD would sell me a cpu, still stuck to it's wafer. It should be waferless for me, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Real Quaid
Jun 29, 2012
A senseless and cowardly act. So much for the so-called "religion of peace".

• Locked thread