Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khorne
May 1, 2002
None. Ice in water is abomination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
There is this gas station near me that is infuriating with it's ice. So during the spring and summer, this gas station somehow manages to have good ice coffee (for a gas station); you know, brewed extra strong, and kept at kept at room temperature so you're not pouring hot coffee onto ice.

Except at the end of last summer they got a new ice machine, and it's that soft ice stuff. Normally I love the soft ice, but it's bad for ice coffee. Now I have to choose between filling it halfway up with the soft ice to save room for coffee in which case it will melt in about 2 minutes and water down the coffee like crazy, or I can fill the cup up with a bunch more ice, in which case I have room for.maybe half a smalls worth of coffee in a large sized cup.

I just wanted to share my ice struggles, thanks for listening.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

only dum laowai puts ice in water!

Daioyu islands belong to chinar!

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
enough so that first I drink the water, and then I drink the melted ice water later and its like two glasses of water in one

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

klapman posted:

enough so that first I drink the water, and then I drink the melted ice water later and its like two glasses of water in one

this is a vital part of my ice strategy - when I wake up in the middle of the night, my beverage is on its second coldness wind

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.
Anything more than two cubes is an abomination. All these people loading their glasses with ice seem like the type of people that would just keep failing their way westward until they wound up in California.

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.
It's like hello you jerks, instead of leaving out a giant glass of ice overnight and letting it melt, maybe keep it in the fridge or pour a new one instead of being too lazy to roll out of your bodypillow nest.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
It really depends on how fast you are drinking the water and how hot it is. Ideally you want very little ice left when you finish your drink.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i use a lot of ice, i prefer it crushed because i feel like it cools the drink faster (can any scientists weigh in on this)

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

i prefer a cup of snow by a warm fire

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
i dont like ice in my water you guys are loving weird

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Fill the glass, more ice means the drink stays colder longer.

Anyone put ice in beer?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

deep impact on vhs posted:

i use a lot of ice, i prefer it crushed because i feel like it cools the drink faster (can any scientists weigh in on this)

Yup, crushed ice has a higher surface area to volume ratio and will cool the drink faster. But it will melt faster, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Shake your drink, it causes all the ice to hit and they shatter off tiny pieces of ice. This super cools down the drink.

• Locked thread