Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

SystemLogoff posted:

You know, I think I know why I like this LP so much. It sort of has a developer-talking-over-their-game feel without the developer.

Not to mention that I do feel your love for the game :shittydog:

Wow, that's probably the best compliment I've ever gotten, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

No quips this time, just more solid game design.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

We exit space on a high note.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

It might be good to give at least a day between updates. To give people a chance to talk.

But, whatever, more videos are good to watch :allears:

Rhiodise
Feb 22, 2013
I kinda wish that the super obvious tracking device would be just visible on Pac's model for the next bit of gameplay stuff and just unmentioned by anyone ever. This is of course assuming it doesn't just get taken off in the next cut scene or whatever :v:

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

SystemLogoff posted:

It might be good to give at least a day between updates. To give people a chance to talk.

But, whatever, more videos are good to watch :allears:

But there is so little time and so many games to share.

Rhiodise posted:

I kinda wish that the super obvious tracking device would be just visible on Pac's model for the next bit of gameplay stuff and just unmentioned by anyone ever. This is of course assuming it doesn't just get taken off in the next cut scene or whatever :v:

The answer is neither.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

There's a dinosaur in this one

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

I wonder, back during the conception of Pac-Man World, who was the individual that first suggested Pac as a 3d platformer?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Any person at Namco that knew of Super Mario 64 or Crash Bandicoot, I imagine.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I kinda want to see a Kirby/Pac Man crossover. Both like eating their enemies, both are solid-color circles with limbs... I know Pac's already in Smash Bros, but I mean like a game specifically for the two.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I kinda want to see a Kirby/Pac Man crossover. Both like eating their enemies, both are solid-color circles with limbs... I know Pac's already in Smash Bros, but I mean like a game specifically for the two.

As long as it made use of both of their abilities, and wasn't something like the Spyro/Crash crossovers.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

GamesAreSupernice posted:

As long as it made use of both of their abilities, and wasn't something like the Spyro/Crash crossovers.

Well yes, I'd want the game to be good too.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

I almost had something to say about this update. Almost.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Well yes, I'd want the game to be good too.

You always have to specify things like that. I am sure many people are clamoring for a mini-game collection featuring Kirby and Pac-Man.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

We punch the dinosaur in this one

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
They make you a giant ape while you're Pac-Kong, but not appropriately lizard-like for Paczilla? :confused:

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

notoriousman posted:

They make you a giant ape while you're Pac-Kong, but not appropriately lizard-like for Paczilla? :confused:

I think the more important question is "Why did Pac-Kong appear in four episodes of the show?"

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

It's time for the final world

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I'm pretty sure Pac was motivated by desperation to see his parents again.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
The first Ghostly Adventures is the only game I've ever Platinumed. Fun game, but not much on replay value.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Chimera-gui posted:

I'm pretty sure Pac was motivated by desperation to see his parents again.

Of course, but that doesn't mean I can't pick on him for fun. I don't take this game's story as seriously as I would others.

AltaBrown posted:

The first Ghostly Adventures is the only game I've ever Platinumed. Fun game, but not much on replay value.

The only game I Platinumed was Zack Zero. I think we both made questionable choices.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

GamesAreSupernice posted:

You're probably at least aware of the semi-new Pac-Man television series, and may also be aware of the accompanying jingle and slogan.
All I know about the Pac-Man TV series on Disney XD is that the opening sequence contains five seconds of Pac-Man farting with a gas trail behind him, and also that it's considered by a lot of people to be not that good. I'm pretty sure it was mostly made to tie in to these video games.

I've only just started watching this LP from the start, but it looks like it's true to the roots of the classic Pac-Man. That's good, because some games that stray from that formula are pretty bad. I didn't enjoy Pac-World 2 for the Super NES, and I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Feb 16, 2016

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Zanzibar Ham posted:

This thread actually encouraged me to draw this before you made this comment. Here ya go:
Edit: Oh god, it breaks the table. gently caress. I did not think this through.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Thank you, Azren. I will cherish this for years to come, until I forget where it's from and then ask everyone where the hell it is from and why I have it.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I'm just stopping by this thread to mention that you aren't allowed to advertise your Patreon on this subforum. It's a-okay to mention it on your channel and in your videos/video descriptions, but not in thread posts.

That is all. Carry on!

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

JordanKai posted:

I'm just stopping by this thread to mention that you aren't allowed to advertise your Patreon on this subforum. It's a-okay to mention it on your channel and in your videos/video descriptions, but not in thread posts.

That is all. Carry on!

No problem, thanks! My bad!

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

The penultimate video and I don't even have anything witty to say

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

The final confrontation. Curtain call. The ultimate showdown. The last melon.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Thanks for your hard work. :coffee:

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

SystemLogoff posted:

Thanks for your hard work. :coffee:

Thank you for watching! I appreciate it!

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

That was a pretty clever and creative final boss, especially compared to the final boss in the first one.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Ometeotl posted:

That was a pretty clever and creative final boss, especially compared to the final boss in the first one.

I still stand by the final boss in the first game being well designed, even if it is super boring stylistically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Also here is a new thread of me playing the original game because it's short and I have no impulse control.

• Locked thread