Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
LinkedIn is incredibly annoying, I gave them my email because a guy I did business with uses it all the loving time and now they litter my inbox with their annoying worthless spam, along with "recruiters" who want to send me job offers to an empty profile. Because the sign of quality job offer is sending it to everyone with a pulse.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

LinkedIn is poo poo, and it's hilarious that the overpriced resume guy was also charging people real money to make LinkedIn profiles for them.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
It's nice if you have a marketable skillset, otherwise probably not so great for lolberal arts majors.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

MrSmokes posted:

LinkedIn is poo poo, and it's hilarious that the overpriced resume guy was also charging people real money to make LinkedIn profiles for them.

is that the guy that made my little pony resumes

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Also please don't buy individual stocks, just focus on low expense ratio index tracker investments.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
that reminds me, i need to close my linkedin account

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

It's nice if you have a marketable skillset, otherwise probably not so great for lolberal arts majors.

pretty much this. lolling at all the liberal arts majors itt

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's the #1 place on the web to have attractive HR ladies from across the country approach you about gig's you're completely unqualified for but will make them big cash if they manage to sneak you in, and have random CEO's add you because there is a feature now that makes them connect with 1700 rando's anytime they add a friend by email.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
After a years of networking and pruning my profile my #1 advice to people using LinkedIn to find a job is, check Craigslist.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

It's the #1 place on the web to have attractive HR ladies from across the country approach you about gig's you're completely unqualified for but will make them big cash if they manage to sneak you in, and have random CEO's add you because there is a feature now that makes them connect with 1700 rando's anytime they add a friend by email.

It actually makes me sad, you see new grads with masters in stuff like psychology getting hired to entry level HR spending the whole day trolling Linkedin for barely qualified candidates.

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this
Linkedin could be ok if it wasn't so incredibly boring.

So OP please buy it and swap all user profile pics with goatse.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

sofokles posted:

Linkedin could be ok if it wasn't so incredibly boring.

So OP please buy it and swap all user profile pics with goatse.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/artflater

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this

Art Flater

Able to sit in my chair for extended periods of time without much numbness or fatigue

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Cuckoo posted:

Linkedin blows and is completely worthless for business networking

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
what's a linkin

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
linked in is really loving stupid and worthless.

Some cancer radiation tech company did reach out to me once and I had a phone interview with them. I didn't get the job, and a friend I know worked for them, but he got laid off along with like half the staff because cancer centers didn't buy enough of their poo poo or something.

I ended up getting a great job through some resume I threw up on career builder like 2 years earlier and kinda forgot about.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rasmussen posted:

Social media is a cancer on this earth and it all will burn in time.

I wish. But why do you say that? I mean it's all so self centered, it's bound to continue.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

"People also viewed:"

Hammer Dong
Svetlana Valgina

:laugh:

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

I actually have skills and a career and it's helped me a lot

lol whiny millennials

get your mommy to airlift you to the next interview kiddos

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

LinkedIn has one benefit: schadenfreude to see how many people are leaving your old job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

cumshitter posted:

I work in investing and and just checked my suggested connections. Number one is Erik Voorhees, one of the bitcoin Jesusii.

Good job, LinkedIn.

I don't know how they do this, but it's ridiculous. "You were in Army. These thousand people you never met were also in Army".

Also, the endorsements. My connections and I have several technical skills, but they never show up in Linkedin's recommended "endorse X for X" thing. I've got a hundred endorsements for "Military" and "Leadership", and not one for "Supply Chain Management".

• Locked thread