Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
it's 2016. when are TV dads going to stop trying to control every aspect of their girls' lives? gee willikers dad, nice of you to deny your kid the ability to freely sexually express hersef by threatening to beat up her boyfriend. nothing better than physical violence to stop that whole pesky "relationships with other people" deal that happened to the Jones' kid.

these dads belong in 1940 with other relics of stupid rear end human history like adolph hitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
k

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
TV dads could stand to help clean up around the house a bit more, too. It seems like whenever there's a blue or red liquid spill on the kitchen counter, it's up to the mom to clean it up, and half the time the paper towels she uses aren't nearly absorbent enough!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i dated a girl whose dad was a gigantic mountain man who kept a row of 8 huntimg rifles and shotguns next to the tv, went touring on his motorcycle to the midwest every year and played drums when he was angry

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
OP sounds like he was emasculated by a caring father who was probably more physically fit and all around cooler

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Shaquin posted:

OP sounds like he was emaculated by a caring father who was probably more physically fit and all around cooler

my TV dad was more like tim allen on home improvement. no ejaculation or whatever you said on this end

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Write your congressman, get a grass roots movement going. You need to put a stop to this before there's blood in the streets.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
ya but kevin or whatever his name is has a really great smile so i sympathize with him

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
You can never control that aspect of your kids lives as they become self actuating teens who are gonna bone down as has happened since the dawn of time and it would be creepy and weird to do so, but you can post up at the gates and make sure whoever your daughter is letting eat the rear end or whatever isn't a complete moron. It's mostly a symbolic effort but admirable all the same imo

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

what is hormone??

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

no one wille at my daughte'rs rear end but ME

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

nomadologique posted:

no one wille at my daughte'rs rear end but ME

you might be onto something here. it's a dad conspiracy to be the only person that can look at their daughter's sweet rear end.

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
You could probably replace every tv dad with a gorilla and no one would notice the difference.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Most dads in ads I've seen are lovable retarded goofballs

Zenos Paradise
Apr 2, 2011

Did somebody say honeypot?

Turdsdown Tom posted:

my TV dad was more like tim allen on home improvement. no ejaculation or whatever you said on this end

Arrrruuuugh?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
the football team calls my sweetie "el conductor" and ive never been more proud

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

what would a dadvertisement be?

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

nomadologique posted:

what is hormone??

A character in the Harry Potter stories.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I tried watching Kevin Hart's standup once

Half of his act was about crazy women who always think you're cheating on them and the other half was about cheating on women

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Macasaurus posted:

what would a dadvertisement be?

chris rock as Oppressive Dad Exhibit A in this years Big Game™ Advertisemnt©

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R_483zeVF8

Schlonged Again
Jan 30, 2016

Commercial idea: A teenage boy in a tuxedo knocks on his prom date's door. The door opens and her dad is...ADOLF HITLER?!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Turdsdown Tom posted:

I'm assuming you know that's actually Kevin Hart

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im lost op why are you mad at dads?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

loquacius posted:

I tried watching Kevin Hart's standup once

Half of his act was about crazy women who always think you're cheating on them and the other half was about cheating on women

holy crap is this your act bc it's gold

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

loquacius posted:

I'm assuming you know that's actually Kevin Hart

same thing innit

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Turdsdown Tom posted:

who the gently caress would be scared of Kevin "mini-me" Hart lmbo

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'd eat your mother if you put Sabra Hummus™ on her.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Thora Birch had her entire career disappear because of her dad. http://www.wetpaint.com/what-happened-thora-birch-creepy-598751/

quote:

Thora was 17 in American Beauty, so the law dictated that her dad had to stick around when she went topless. But again, while filming 2009's Winter of Frozen Dreams, Thora was doing a sex scene with Dean Winters (Dennis Duffy from 30 Rock, Olivia's boyfriend whose name is irrelevant on Law & Order: SVU), and her dad not only insisted on being present on the closed set, but butted in and started directing the scene... and gave Dean a thumbs-up.

Yes, your mental image is about right. 26-year-old Thora was filming a sex scene, and her dad gave Dennis Duffy a thumbs-up. And to make things more awkward, the scene took 14 takes to film.

A crewmember's description of the scene is pretty terrifying: "all of a sudden, the front door is being kicked in. Her father was threatening to kill the assistant directors. Then he threatens to pull her from the movie with three days of shooting left."

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
OP you'll understand when you become a parent

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
people in advertising should just kill themselves in general imo

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Schlonged Again posted:

Commercial idea: A teenage boy in a tuxedo knocks on his prom date's door. The door opens and her dad is...ADOLF HITLER?!

Commercial ends with Hitler eating a Snickers bar, revealing he was really just a friendly normal dad the whole time. You're not yourself when you're hungry or whatever Snickers' motto is! Eat a SNICKERS or everyone will hate you and you might invade Poland

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

peter griffen: The new 2016 honda civic is freakin sweet!!!

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

HJE-Cobra posted:

Commercial ends with Hitler eating a Snickers bar, revealing he was really just a friendly normal dad the whole time. You're not yourself when you're hungry or whatever Snickers' motto is! Eat a SNICKERS or everyone will hate you and you might invade Poland

You're not fuhrer when you're hungry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Let the girls give that pussy out you know what the game is

• Locked thread