Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I dont hear you coming and you catch me, The Cryptkeeper listening to 'Golddigger' on a portable cd player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crotchgobbler
Jul 25, 2007

im an 07 lol

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I just started dating a high level copywriter and she breezed through my resume like an NBA player throwing clothes into a laundry basket from across the room.

This is incredibly lame if true because:

a) This is the worst thing to brag about. "MY GF IS A HIGH LEVEL COPYWRITER!!" Really? I bet everyone is jealous.

b) The existence of copywriters are predicated on everyone else being too stupid to write. So, your GF isn't skilled, you're just a dumb rear end.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

occpuation: ITS NOT JUST A HOBBY MOM

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Skills: Scrying. Ominous statements

crotchgobbler
Jul 25, 2007

im an 07 lol

Isaac posted:

Skills: Scrying. Ominous statements

Woah, those skills would be really good for a Cryptkeeper! You should consider that.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Marrital Status: Finished the original harvest moon without having a girlfriend

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

crotchgobbler posted:

Woah, those skills would be really good for a Cryptkeeper! You should consider that.

Hadnt even thought of that. Thanks im gonna look into it.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
*enjoys the lifestyle where its not a problem that I paid someone hundreds of dollars for no reason*

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Wheb you got negative numbers jn your bank account you spend money and the number gets higher not lower. Lil money hack for ya

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

crotchgobbler posted:

a) This is the worst thing to brag about. "MY GF IS A HIGH LEVEL COPYWRITER!!" Really? I bet everyone is jealous.

b) The existence of copywriters are predicated on everyone else being too stupid to write. So, your GF isn't skilled, you're just a dumb rear end.

lmao literally impossible to read this post in a voice that isn't the comic book guy

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

lmao literally impossible to read this post in a voice that isn't the comic book guy

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

haha

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

crotchgobbler posted:

"And what's the deal with copywriters? They write in words, we read in words, why don't they just call all of 'em word writers?"

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
experience: I managed 200 people in an mmo while also managing to poo poo in my socks and not on the floor

this makes demonstrates my results oriented approach while effectively illustrating ancillary risk management and decisive actioning

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

crotchgobbler posted:

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Wooded Zacynthus
Mar 15, 2015

I don't need this service, it is all right there in my av

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

tomstuart posted:

i have an extremely painfull priapism that will not go away

it all started this morning

i woke up at around 5 am and it felt like i had to pee, i also had morning wood

i did not want to get up out of bed so i laid there and tried to go to sleep igrnoing the urge to pee and the boner

i woke up again at 930 and still had the wood and the full bladder

i releived myself in the shower and then tried to stroke one out to get the erection to go away

it is now 150 pm and i stil lhave the boner

its been 9 hours please help its throbbing in pain and my whole groin area is sore and tender

PM me

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

goddamn what a waste...

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
I tried this service to see if it could improve my resume at all. The advice was terrible.

Refund was given.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Got his masters from the same college he got his BA. Might as well tattoo "chump" on your forehead.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Got his masters from the same college he got his BA. Might as well tattoo "chump" on your forehead.

is that a bad thing to do? i didn't know that

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

A misanthrope posted:

is that a bad thing to do? i didn't know that

It's one of those truths that everybody believes just because somebody said it was true. Those same people are the reason this thread exist.

If you got your undergraduates and graduates from the same shiity college in a six year period yeah that may be held against you but that's because you went to a paper mill. No employer is going to look at a resume and go "oh be has both degrees from MIT? What a chump"

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Cyks posted:

It's one of those truths that everybody believes just because somebody said it was true. Those same people are the reason this thread exist.

If you got your undergraduates and graduates from the same shiity college in a six year period yeah that may be held against you but that's because you went to a paper mill. No employer is going to look at a resume and go "oh be has both degrees from MIT? What a chump"

thnk you that makes more sense

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Cyks posted:

I was discouraged from doing it for my PhD because my advisor said it'd look like I was only capable of working with one particular research group and companies/universities want to see you succeed in different areas, but so far the reality is it has never once come up in any of my interviews. Once you get your PhD most people don't give a poo poo where you did your undergrad, or how you performed there. I got a D+ in intro to fortran my second year and I recently got hired for a position where almost all I do is write fortran code. Undergrad doesn't (shouldn't) matter in any context after you have a more advanced degree.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Murphy Brownback posted:

I was discouraged from doing it for my PhD because my advisor said it'd look like I was only capable of working with one particular research group and companies/universities want to see you succeed in different areas, but so far the reality is it has never once come up in any of my interviews. Once you get your PhD most people don't give a poo poo where you did your undergrad, or how you performed there. I got a D+ in intro to fortran my second year and I recently got hired for a position where almost all I do is write fortran code. Undergrad doesn't (shouldn't) matter in any context after you have a more advanced degree.

and when i'm looking at resumes work experience trumps degrees of any kind (unfortunate for people who just graduated)

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

These people put far more effort into their resumes then I ever did. Then again, I not so sure it's gonna help them get hired

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

kikkelivelho posted:

These people put far more effort into their resumes then I ever did. Then again, I not so sure it's gonna help them get hired

They should be the ones charging $200 to write resumes imo.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

kikkelivelho posted:

it depends i guess. this kind of crazy-looking resume would probably be ok if you're going for an art job

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Oh hey there's a guy who will write it for me *clicks banner ad on SA*

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What my parents don't understand is that our economy has significantly changed since they were looking for a job. The market is more competitive, so one needs every advantage they can get, even if it means paying someone to write two pages of fluff, because you're a loving idiot.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i guess i just paid someone hundreds of dollars to write my resume for me. yee haw!

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

This is a good resume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
Huh, and here I thought it was just my imagination* that 2010 seemed longer than 2009.

*read: "the drugs"

• Locked thread