Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
very carefully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

thathonkey posted:

in the chat software we use at work you can upload emoticons and there is one of that black lady going "aint nobody got time for that" or whatever which i find very probleamtic but people use it anyway :ohdear:

You mean :nyd:?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
man alot of goons were sitting on that A RABBIT ISNT A RODENT ITS A LEGUME bullshit

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

notZaar posted:

You mean :nyd:?

It is this

Except it is tiny like SA emot size so you cant make out what it is unless you already know the meme

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Constantly lure them into talking about mexican food, or landscaping, or kitchens, and things like that

See if you can make them really uncomfortable or trip themselves up

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
pour a cup of water down the back of your shirt and then tell them your back is itchy and if there is anything on your shirt.

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
this is what happens if your work is sitting down all day pressing buttons.people start to care about extremely inane poo poo, it's unnatural

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Volume posted:

I work in a call center. We're divided into "units" with around 12 people per unit plus one manager. My unit is not ethnically diverse. There's one Mexican (me), three whites, and seven blacks. We all get along well. I saw this picture on facebook.

I tap the two co-workers next to me (both black) to show them. One of them goes "Nu-uh, I hate rat." So I tell her it's not a rat and she says "No I hate rodents. I'll scream if I see one" to which I finished off "Jump on a stool, clutch your skirt Tom and Jerry style?"

Every one laughed.

well boy did I forget that lady was a racist sterotype

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODeWKTKkN2Y

But some one in another unit didn't forget and reported me. It was all cleared up once they got me and the black people in my unit together and they vouched for me that nothing hateful was in that comment or any of my comments. I was not written up but I was cautioned to think a bit before I share jokes at a workplace environment.

Fake edit: Also the person who reported me is white lol

start a race war with the white person. Get the black people to join in with you.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

thathonkey posted:

in the chat software we use at work you can upload emoticons and there is one of that black lady going "aint nobody got time for that" or whatever which i find very probleamtic but people use it anyway :ohdear:

Hipchat? Fun fact, the developers removed that so your IT person had to manually add it back in.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Microwaves Mom posted:

start a race war with the white person. Get the black people to join in with you.

that's a good idea. I would offer to help but imo the arabs have already done our part.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

that's a good idea. I would offer to help but imo the arabs have already done our part.

you guys have your own holy war to wage. I understand.

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
Why are you using Facebook at work? HR should have sacked you for that.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Volume posted:

what's his username on d&d

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

RedLobster posted:

Why are you using Facebook at work? HR should have sacked you for that.

I'm actually required to. I even made a second Facebook for work only so whatever stupid poo poo is on my real one doesn't get me fired

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
- smelly balls
- call center
- required to use facebook

.random
May 7, 2007

Volume posted:

I'm actually required to. I even made a second Facebook for work only so whatever stupid poo poo is on my real one doesn't get me fired

...until the snitch finds out about it.

e: vvv My people have a rich cultural tapestry. What part of that is so amusing to you?

.random fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Feb 10, 2016

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Just randomly respond to that white person with "What is that supposed to mean? Is that some kind of crack about me being Latino?" and watch him freak out. Do it a couple times a month. Then report him to HR.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Volume posted:

it'd be a surprise if that wasn't the case

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

revmoo posted:

Hipchat? Fun fact, the developers removed that so your IT person had to manually add it back in.

Haha yep fully aware of that... Tons of people can upload icons though it's fun seeing who uploads what I think the choices say something about the individual

Hipchat's core emot set is ok except for having the full cast of game of throens :ughh:
Lowtax should license the SA emot library as it is the best

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
HR people at a loving call center.

can it get more retarded?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

poorlifedecision posted:

Just randomly respond to that white person with "What is that supposed to mean? Is that some kind of crack about me being Latino?" and watch him freak out. Do it a couple times a month. Then report him to HR.

I say this every time someone asks me if I speak Spanish and they're white and retarded looking. It's a powerful technique

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

poorlifedecision posted:

Report HR to HR.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
if you talk to HR at your company for anything other than information about insurance benefits and whatnot then youre a loving idiot. hint: the dept exists to protect the company not you.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Theres literally no chance the white man who reported someone for racism isnt a (closet)homo and/or arts student.
He does wear a scarf, doesnt he?

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Microwaves Mom posted:

you guys have your own holy war to wage. I understand.

ty for your compassion and death to israel

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

thathonkey posted:

Lowtax should license the SA emot library as it is the best

This is seriously the best idea posted on these forums in years

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

I'm sorry the quarterback got mad at you

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Whenever the snitch comes within your field of vision, say "I don't like rat", and tell another coleague loudly that you want to kill a big ugly rat that's been annoying you. Say that you intend to poison it, then ask the snitch if he'd like you to get him a coffee.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I had someone complain to the chair of a department that he felt someone was offended by something I said. the prof didn't even follow up with the offended party (who actually wasn't offended at all) and the prof flipped put on me via email lol

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Volume posted:

big loving surprise there

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

why are you sharing stupid pictures of rabbits at work instead of goatse or something cool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Sheep-Goats posted:

If there is one class we should discriminate against it's Californians.

as an oregonian, I agree wholeheartedly

• Locked thread