Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Comrade Fakename posted:

To be honest, I preferred Hasan Minhaj's performance at the actual correspondents' dinner.

Yeah he really did a great job. It was especially funny since he was asked to take it easy on Trump and did the exact opposite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I thought his delivery was a little rushed and off but a lot of that is probably nerves given that he was about to go to war with just every person he could think of and any line he could find.

I thought it was hilarious.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:33 on May 3, 2017

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
It was great.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Does anyone else still watch this? I thought the musical was well done :unsmith:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I watch it.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I catch it on YouTube so watching it now. I appreciated Paul Ryans "Ayn Rand" Black Flag shirt.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

PT6A posted:

Does anyone else still watch this? I thought the musical was well done :unsmith:

ya it was good

them constantly snubbing the actually talented musical performer was very funny too

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
So, Samantha Bee taking a stance against nazi punching sure is a thing, huh?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

You made me think the show had been on but it wasn't on my DVR, where did she say that?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There was a segment with a former Neo Nazi who runs a group that attempts to reform people and argued that a lot of them were basically drawn in for the same reason people are drawn into cults or gangs, because they're looking for acceptance, love, and a "family." So he argued that you don't change people's minds through punching them, you do it by showing them love and hugging them.

Bee did a bit about how she doesn't want to hug Nazis, she wants to hit them. Then there was a Portlandia comedy PSA about "love not hate" or something like that.

It didn't bother me but I also don't really support random violence even if I'm on antifa's side when the racists start it. And it was preceded by her pointing out the double standard from the right to not label white nationalists like Dylan Roof terrorists and how most domestic terrorism is performed by the right but the Trump Administration is turning attention and money away from combatting that. So it wasn't a "moral equivalence" segment as far as I saw.

You can judge for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-n3qiLeVqg

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Saw the episode, (PSVue got it but didn't bump it up to the top of the page for some reason). That was pretty inoffensive and largely correct in the broader sense. But when things are getting heated during a protest I really don't have a problem with antifa people knocking around some nazis if they start poo poo.

Hugging a nazi won't fix things either though, unless you address the underlying problems, which isn't an easy thing to do and certainly not something that will ever happen while we have Trump throwing gas on the fire.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
has samantha successfully kept her school all white yet or what

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

She and Jason Jones crushed all of the browns' skulls beneath their maple death boots of white power.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

IRQ posted:

Hugging a nazi won't fix things either though, unless you address the underlying problems, which isn't an easy thing to do and certainly not something that will ever happen while we have Trump throwing gas on the fire.

If you haven't yet, check out Accidental Courtesy (I believe it's still on Netflix):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7fh5J_mo5E

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

precision posted:

If you haven't yet, check out Accidental Courtesy (I believe it's still on Netflix):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7fh5J_mo5E

It is, and I will check it out, but while I agree with outreach and peaceful cultural integration of the ignorant, I also see nazis ramming crowds of innocent protesters with cars who would benefit from someone willing to do violence to defend them.

It's a terrible situation we find ourselves in but we're in it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah I don't think I could do what he does. I have a really low tolerance for people who seem to me to be obviously terrible or at least dangerously misguided or stupid.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Phi230 posted:

has samantha successfully kept her school all white yet or what

You literally come in this thread every 3 months to post this it's very pathetic.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

socialsecurity posted:

You literally come in this thread every 3 months to post this it's very pathetic.

More or less pathetic than a rich white woman keeping her school district segregated while claiming to be into social justice

Oh wait she actually identifies with conservatives like Glenn beck lmao

Phi230 fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Sep 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Fits right in with Trevor Noah sending Tomi Lahren donuts and Colbert paling with Sean Spicer.

• Locked thread