Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Mad Monk posted:

Animals by Talking Heads, it's on the album Fear of Music

That makes sense (started making sense?), thanks.

Weren't all of Taylor Swift's big songs written by that Swedish dude?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

are your an owl??

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Why isn't her actual album on Spotify? They just have a Ryan Adams cover album of 1989.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

ghostter posted:

wth is happening here

dumb devs forgot to beta test the shrimp subroutines obviously

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

A Strange Aeon posted:

Why isn't her actual album on Spotify? They just have a Ryan Adams cover album of 1989.

her work is extremely valuable and spotify only pays artists a pittance per play so its not there

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Last Chance posted:

her work is extremely valuable and spotify only pays artists a pittance per play so its not there
lol, "extremely valuable"

i guarantee you in 15 years, she'll be looked upon as a product of her time much like the Spice Girls and Salt-N-Pepa are now

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

hampton posted:

why would mikey gently caress a little weiner :confused:

Slime fan

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

symbolic posted:

i guarantee you in 15 years, she'll be looked upon as a product of her time much like the Spice Girls and Salt-N-Pepa are now

Taylor gonna find you and she gonna kill you.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
nvm just heard her sing it on the radio so i change my vote to animal (gently caress like a beast)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

OctoberBlues posted:

Taylor gonna find you and she gonna kill you.
let the bitch try

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

symbolic posted:

so?

"In 15 years" doesn't matter re: her value right now, which is objectively high

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Last Chance posted:

so?

"In 15 years" doesn't matter re: her value right now, which is objectively high
well yeah, in the present day millennials gobble her poo poo up as Gen X did with 80s/90s pop stars

i hope we look back and laugh at ourselves

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

"I could get paid more if I kept my works off of particular streaming services...but in 15 years I'll be a nobody so I should just give up now"

Bruce Snare
Feb 7, 2013
Nobody even mentioned Trouble? I think it's her only good song, but it is very good.

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax
she's really hot but everything else about the Taylor Swift is terrible and it's very lame of many of you to just go along with that because she's hot. Shape up and get a girlfriend.

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

kittiesgomeow posted:

TSwizzle's albums are all quite good but 1989 is by far the best and a genuine very very good album. It has been a long time since I have worn out a CD by constant play, but 1989 is taking me back to that sweet 90's time of discman's.
It's head and shoulders above any of her other albums tbh and I will defend it to my dying breath.

Of course I like all the hits (Bad Blood, Blank Space, Style) but I really like You Are In Love, it really gets to me :) Out of the Woods is also very good and emotional for me, I think it was released as a single but no one talks about it too much. I like all the songs that make me cry.

Love that goons love TSwift

1989 is obvs the best, but I really really like Red too, something about State of Grace just really gets me, probably because like someone suggested upthread, it's totally U2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

WhyteRyce posted:

"I could get paid more if I kept my works off of particular streaming services...but in 15 years I'll be a nobody so I should just give up now"
not my point

*shakes head and lower eyes to the ground while muttering something about no one understanding me

• Locked thread