Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Ever since my dad left, my mom has been serving up "Civil Meat." She said that daddy was giving it to us and I should never look in the fridge in the basement. Needless to say, I got incredibly curious. One night, at around midnight, I snuck into the basement and looked in the fridge. What I saw there haunts me to this day.
It was none other than my father, with cube neatly sliced out of his torso and limbs. I screamed, waking up my mom. She instantly knew what I had done and ran up to the kitchen to grab her cleaver. I, on the other hand, was too stunned to move until my mom came into the basement. She was swinging the cleaver like a maniac, all the while trying to coax me to stop running. "It's okay," she goaded in that motherly voice.

After running in circles around the house many times, I realized my mom had locked the door at some point. Inevitably, she caught me. She pinned me to the ground and started chopping off my limbs, one by one. The next day, I was sitting in a wheelchair, all bandaged up. My mom once muttered, "Now you know," but I didn't question it.

I think I know where Civil Meat comes from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
It should be considered, if this were to be read by someone in the not-so distant past, around the turn of the century perhaps, there are several engines of creation marching into the world which are not to be overlooked.

The cloning of the human body, for one, will soon be perfected.

In short order too, the revitalization of the human brain, the flawless ability to regenerate neurons and sustain the mind for exponentially greater spans of life is well on its way.

Lifespans challenging those of ancient biblical characters will soon be realized. The minds of the cryogenically frozen deceased will be transferred into new, perfect, engineered bodies of their own specification. Eternal life, as it is technologically possible, will be within realization.

More still, the psyche will be tapped, shedding light on the deepest parts of the recessed brain, making every hidden thought and memory, even the darkest fear of an individual laid bare to technicians armed with devices not dissimilar to a CAT-scan machine.

It is these things and more that made what I did possible.

Before I go on, remember this: if it is possible for mankind to do something, never assume that it wouldn't be done by someone, eventually. That is the price of inevitability...if you do someday live in a world where all things cited above have come into existence (and if they haven't, they will), don't expect the essential goodness of man to keep what I made from being made by someone else.

And as for what I made...

I was commissioned to make the eternator. For all intents and purposes, I have succeeded. I will not go deeply into the technical specifications of what I've done, but only touch on the utilization of each technology that makes it possible.

Using a device similar to deprivation tanks we can suspend a person in bonds, rendering them incapable of doing any damage to themselves. Through medical implementation almost identical to the sustenance of the life for those in permanent coma, we can force feed them through intravenous nutrients and fill their lungs with oxygen and nitrogen. With a few insidious wires we can then tap the spine and feed the brain any signal we can dream up.

It is from this point on, dear reader, that the real horror commences. With ease we can tell the body it is beset by swarms of stinging insects or hordes of rats, engulfed in ice or fire ...it would be a lie to say that fates described in the Divine Comedies hadn't played an influence on what our technicians inflicted upon their brother men. It goes a step further to point out that we can prevent the mind from respite, keeping it at all times aware of the horrendous suffering it is enduring...in truth, that is impossible to endure, and likewise impossible to escape. No form of meditation can let the active brain seek comfort, like the multiple personalities of trauma victims...even that we can easily detect and with similar ease, eradicate.

It was soon discovered, in fact, that we could, with ample use of the right signals and a multitude of cocktail designer drugs, actually inflict a suffering greater...far greater...than would even be possible with physically destructive means.

And we could do this, without pause, for the entire natural life of the human being interned. Eventually, however, in the greatest mercy the world could possibly muster, the body would expire and die, releasing the soul.

But no such mercy could we tolerate. The horror does not stop here...it only grows. Now, more than ever, don't shy away. Stare at the ferocity of the machinations of man and despair if you must, but do not look away.

In an atrocity, an affront to any god ever conceived under any name, we would remove the still barely-living brain from the dying body, regenerate it, sustain it, and put it into a new, healthy, perfect living prison-of-a-body and thrust it back into the same horrible fate all over again...the same lifetime of pain and horror and suffering.

And we could do this, and have, over and over and over again. For a hundred years. A thousand if we liked. As many years as human civilization continued to exist, or until time ended. Until the universe crushed inward upon itself or twinkled out of existence and into nothingness...

This is what I have done.

The theological similarities contained within such a fate should not be overlooked.

The Protagonist fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jul 2, 2016

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

The Protagonist posted:

This is what I have done.
Whatever, I was on the committee that decided to make the womb busting fluid blue. Other guys were arguing for red, but we decided that was gross and would remind the tormentors too much of periods

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

The Protagonist posted:

The theological similarities contained within such a fate should not be overlooked.

:gary:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Star Citizen is bad, you guys

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 14, 2016

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Yesterday was Stimpire day.

And kotaku and all the other lovely video game websites ran stories about the LA county attorney getting a goon a 2500 dollar star citizen refund.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Aralan posted:

Whatever, I was on the committee that decided to make the womb busting fluid blue. Other guys were arguing for red, but we decided that was gross and would remind the tormentors too much of periods

I cannot believe those morons, it's like, "hey dipshits blood is red too!" I mean you never expect engineers to have a sense of aesthetics but a womb burst is a big deal and goddammit it's loving important to have the colors pop. It's meetings like that that make me wish I had just gotten turned into a slavedroid like my slow cousin.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
it's time to bring back Blue Stripe on the front page

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Microwaves Mom posted:

what is this even? I didnt read that long rear end poo poo but someone said star citizen.

i think an accurate analogue would be the power ranger cement fetish fanfic. i never read it.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Frankenstyle posted:

Keep reading. The part with the pink ranger is disturbingly hot.

ah poo poo.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

This is it, the lost Iain M Banks manuscript

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

art

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
Its just their culture dude, why you gotta be such an imperialist and try to impose your values on them

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

BeefThief posted:

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity.

its me, im the prisoner who did 40k years of hard time for not booing at the loser of the friday night death match.

im getting processed for release because i am cured and the system works!

the guards all smile at me, and encourage me to stay clean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I'm just starting get to get sick of going to the movies, I mean there's only so many times you can see yet another shoehorned in execution scene ya know? I get that nobody wants to be fed into a macerator, I mean I understand where they're coming from, but gently caress you think they'd know the risks before they even went into snuff film.

I honestly don't even know why people get into acting anymore.

• Locked thread