Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phenwah
Feb 3, 2003

This video contains the following chapters:

05: Out of the Frying Pan
06: The Lost Castaways
07: Rise Above

03: Part 3

NotAnArtist posted:

Dino Crisis 2 is the best game prominently featuring dinosaurs imo
Jurassic Park Interactive is probably the worst game featuring dinosaurs tbh

Major_JF posted:

When you got to that second fort sequence I thought that grabbing the red power up had catapulted you into the air and was going to kill you.
For how laughably mediocre it is, I don't think I encountered any bugs in Jurassic: The Hunted that I would actually describe as "game-breaking."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I like the fact that it seems like most of the navy SEAL's aging has been portrayed by graying his hair. J:TH is just amusingly mediocre, which is a shame. There's some cool ideas, like guns from various eras and time travel, and the environments look pretty (though the character models are a stark contrast of ugly), but it just seems like it was pushed out the door without any polish, and the fort sequences seem like they were an obnoxious afterthought to artificially pad the time the player would spend on the game.

And that was probably the most words ever spent on Jurassic: The Hunted

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Something about the way the dinosaurs tend to charge straight at your face makes this seem like a version of the Jurassic Park arcade game where you move forward manually instead of riding on a truck.

Phenwah
Feb 3, 2003

08: The Tyrant King
09: U-1226
10: Special Delivery
11: Enter: "Spike"

04: Part 4

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How many tries did that first turret section take you? I'm not sure I'd have had the patience to even finish the first attempt.

I've got to admit, though, the game did charm me with that sarcastic, 0 point achievement.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
The very idea of this going down a checklist of "Did Turok have this?" suddenly makes me imagine Kane with a spacefuture muzzleloader.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

How many tries did that first turret section take you? I'm not sure I'd have had the patience to even finish the first attempt.

I've got to admit, though, the game did charm me with that sarcastic, 0 point achievement.

I enjoyed that too. Though it would of been made better by making it 1 point.

Phenwah
Feb 3, 2003

12: Escaping Extinction
13: The Final Piece
14: No Time Like The Present

05: Part 5

Theater Mode video should be going up later today. As always, hella thanks to Lobst and DemoWeasel for sticking with me through our fantastic journey into the cave of monsters, to Activision (for making us laugh), and a very special thanks to you, the viewer.

This was Jurassic: The Hunted.

Phenwah
Feb 3, 2003

This video contains the bulk of Jurassic: The Hunted's in-game cutscenes. Although much of the narrative experience is relayed through mid-mission dialogue, I played it very fast-and-loose when creating this reel, only including moments where camera control was actually wrestled away from the player-character, Dylan Craig. Don't worry, you're not missing much.

Theater Mode

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
So from the video several of the smaller raptors don't have vital organs I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

that was a charmingly mediocre game

also I suspect that there may been no mocap involved...

• Locked thread