Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Love this show but loving hell the plots this season are so hackey. Watching the one where Abbi has two dates at the same restaurant. Thought they were better than these tropes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"
You people realize that was a total homage to Mrs. Doubtfire, right? The choking, Ilana's reaction to finding out about Trey ("the whole time! THE WHOLE TIME?") was straight up Sally Fields' lines, and Mara Wilson even played the waitress.

Flobbster fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 19, 2016

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Flobbster posted:

You people realize that was a total homage to Mrs. Doubtfire, right?

I don't see how that makes it better?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Flobbster posted:

You people realize that was a total homage to Mrs. Doubtfire, right? The choking, Ilana's reaction to finding out about Trey ("the whole time! THE WHOLE TIME?") was straight up Sally Fields' lines, and Mara Wilson even played the waitress.

I never cared for that movie, so I didn't pick up on this and it kind of does make it a bit better. The whole time during that plot I just kept thinking "this is Broad City, there *has* to be more to this..." so genuine thanks for telling me that there was.

The only time I've ever really enjoyed that trope was when they did it for That's My Bush, because holy poo poo. (And the whole point of that show was to do things that had been run into the ground).

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Make sure you stick around for Time Traveling Bong after BC tonight, kweens, if you want to see Ilana playing the polar opposite character from the BC Ilana.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Look at all these gently caress bracelets loving killed me i need a gif of that dumbass

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

flashy_mcflash posted:

Make sure you stick around for Time Traveling Bong after BC tonight, kweens, if you want to see Ilana playing the polar opposite character from the BC Ilana.

Ilana playing a DIFFERENT stoner? Woah, what a stretch!

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
But she's got a new hairdo!

(For a while.)

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Ilana with straight hair in a completely different person.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Are you even Jewish?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I won't Tel Aviv if you won't

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Ilana with Abbi hair is so weird.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
I like Ilana with straight hair. She really does come off like a different character. Kinda reminds me of Rashida Jones.

This is actually pretty funny to boot.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I thought that was great.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Surprised there's not more talk of the finale. I loved it! Thought it was one of the better BC episodes period. The stewardesses, "weed in my pussy", the slow-mo run to Hark the Herald Angels Sing.

So, so good.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
shabbat shalom mofos

Illinois Smith posted:

If the whole finale's set on a plane I think it's more likely that they'll gently caress up so bad they get turned around at the airport.
That was great, I love the show's commitment to always end the season on a nice scene of the two of them just rambling about stuff.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
That episode was transcendent. My favorite line was "gently caress you, Lindsey."

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I wanted more freaks on the flight, but I guess the child that got to go to first class and a literal dead guy were funny too.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
"So I guess what I'm trying to say is, yeah, I love you. But I don't like you."

"...I'm ok with that."

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Illana's dialogue about that small radical sect of baby cocksucking pedo moihels (same ones responsible for those NY incidents of sometimes fatal infant herpes transmission) was bizarrely upbeat and positive. I was with Abbi the whole way during that scene, reflexive retching included

Fun finale overall, Abbi's emergent Christian leanings were an incredible runner.

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 21, 2016

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

"So I guess what I'm trying to say is, yeah, I love you. But I don't like you."

"...I'm ok with that."

I love Mona and Winona and I wish they got a spinoff.

e: also if you watch the episode again with the idea that Ilana's clearly talking about the dead guy as being dead, she did know the whole time. I love that this ep validated Ilana's wacky wisdom in a few ways.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Illana's dialogue about that small radical sect of baby cocksucking pedo moihels (same ones responsible for those NY incidents of sometimes fatal infant herpes transmission) was bizarrely upbeat and positive. I was with Abbi the whole way during that scene, reflexive retching included

Fun finale overall, Abbi's emergent Christian leanings were an incredible runner.
All the Jewish jokes on that episode were great, and not completely off the mark even though they were obviously exaggerated. Birthright definitely isn't shy about encouraging loving on these trips.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Surprised there's not more talk of the finale. I loved it!
It was OK. No big laughs, but mildly amusing the whole way through.

Shneak posted:

I wanted more freaks on the flight, but I guess the child that got to go to first class and a literal dead guy were funny too.
It was obvious right from the beginning that the guy was dead, but I guess it was kind of funny that Ilana knew the whole time.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I liked Time Traveling Bong better then Broad City this year but maybe that's the mood I'm in.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

sbaldrick posted:

I liked Time Traveling Bong better then Broad City this year but maybe that's the mood I'm in.
Is that mood "mind-blowingly high?"

The beginning and the end of Season 3 were as great as Broad City usually is. It just was that middle patch where it strayed from the formula that was a little rough, but even that had the Blake Griffin episode.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

sbaldrick posted:

I liked Time Traveling Bong better then Broad City this year

I agree.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Time Traveling Bong is amazing. I need to watch this while high as balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The second episode of TTB is my favourite of the three, so batshit and I love the caveman stuff combined with the Jackson stuff.

• Locked thread