Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

dad gay. so what posted:

sometimes we have to remind ourselves that some birds aren't meant to be caged. their feathers are just too bright. and when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. i guess I just miss my online friends. :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E89LESI7OdY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
whoa

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

gently caress the ROW posted:

as a neat aside, deadtear now posts on these forums as "drilldo squirt". I hear they're going to make him a mod as soon as his criminal records are verified

lol

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

you can keep your peepers on ym bepis if you like :shobon:

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Drink Cheerwine posted:

the cool thign about internet frineds is that you can always just make some new ones, a la pygmalion

Very true and yet I haven't had a similar situation occur. Playing less online games and I tend to be more of a lurker. I've only started posting more because I have been stuck home sick. This was a rare meeting and there was a genuine friendship. Just thought I'd invest a little more effort in a last ditch attempt. (don't have phone numbers anymore, chatroom died, and I think they removed me from peripherals such as Steam.)

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I need to know specific details about what they were ripping into you and your friend about. In exchange for sharing this information with the forums I offer you my internet friendship in place of that which you have lost.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

im glad pi squad is dead

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
The actual people that cause normal people to despise anyone that spends all day online.

The same group that claim this cliché does not exist in the real world.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose

The Goatfather posted:

im glad pi squad is dead

Was this you?

If so I am sorry, we could be really childish a lot of the time.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose

Moon Atari posted:

I need to know specific details about what they were ripping into you and your friend about. In exchange for sharing this information with the forums I offer you my internet friendship in place of that which you have lost.

Just imagine an internet trolling but in real life. Arguing for the sake of arguing but certainly not anything constructive.

The thing that pushed me over the edge was that they kept making GBS threads on me for liking A&W. A&W has been a family thing for me and my siblings, whenever one of us would visit we would always go out for teen burgers. My grandma loved them. I told them this and they took it as an invitation to mock me more. Never have people I considered friends before come so close to me just wanting to physically hurt them.

Please note that this was the last straw of a bad day with them.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Your story brings me back to my lovely early teens where I spent most of my time in chat rooms role-playing and talking about newgrounds flash games. I still wonder where you roam these days, GollumOrSmeagol and ilovewinry...

If you're still feeling the space game itch, there's a pretty sizable goon presence in Elite: Dangerous. All the E:D goons I've played with are nice and not assholes for the most part :gbsmith:

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
who the gently caress considers going to a&w a tradition

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

sounds like she couldn't handle their goonish nature (due to her flawed personality) and you got defensive on her behalf. your friends were doing you a favor and instead you wanted to fight them and you kicked them out. bros before hos op you hosed up.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

jackyl posted:

it's not just the tradition it's the getting defensive about it. don't take yourself so seriously op honey

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
this thread loving rules. 5/5 and subbed. gently caress the op gently caress root beer

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
I honestly tried to read the op but pretty quickly my eyes started to glaze over.

can we get some kind of tl;dr?

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

H.H posted:

I honestly tried to read the op but pretty quickly my eyes started to glaze over.

can we get some kind of tl;dr?

Loser kicked out other losers in unexpected moment of being normal, now is lonely and sad losers are not around.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

in that case, i'll be your friend op.

pm me.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I can get you into the greater goon, if you want.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

hey, drilldo, what's up?

how did you get that title? did you wander into d&d by mistake?

World Kraid Center
Oct 18, 2009
cool post, OP. i liked the part where the goon keeps his ID in his socks. why didn't you just bring that up every time he went too far

personally with all those i've met on my virtual voyages i always mercilessly slaughter them like the noob filth they are, born and fit only to die at my 1337 hands, or if they were hot ladies i allow them to come to my abode and then sexually conquer them only to never return the calls :c00lbutt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose

jackyl posted:

People who go outside

ORIGINAL GANGSTER posted:

it's not just the tradition it's the getting defensive about it. don't take yourself so seriously op honey

True you shouldn't take yourself too seriously but also you can't let your friends poo poo in your mouth and tell you it's chocolate. This is something that happened and then ballooned out of control. Several decent friendships were ruined and I just want to throw it out there that I still enjoyed my time with them.

a hundred boners posted:

cool post, OP. i liked the part where the goon keeps his ID in his socks. why didn't you just bring that up every time he went too far

I though it was funny but also wise of him. As for the ride to my house, he was the younger of the group. Not creepy young but not quite post-secondary education/moving out age when we met. If I were to bring that up it wouldn't be to attack him. After the incident we sifted through every chatlog and brought up every stupid thing we had ever done.

• Locked thread