Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
STAR WART

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Xaris posted:

this was actually my favorite. you could do so much with it. i think i still have the original instructors + like 98% of the parts but its like the 2% parts that you miss that suck :(

gently caress the Space Police.

I dunno get them something licensed, or something not licensed, it really makes no difference at all they will take it apart and build whatever the gently caress they want because they're kids. Also it's super loving weird that there is a big bang theory lego, that show is not for kids at all?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i like the 1x3 blocks. you could probably get it in teal or something at a dealer.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I've been buying every helicopter lego set. gently caress my life.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

for real though is there a chinese company that makes knockoff lego sets at an appropriate price? where the markup is less than 3000% the cost of plastic?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

for real though is there a chinese company that makes knockoff lego sets at an appropriate price? where the markup is less than 3000% the cost of plastic?

yeah i think so but its not GUARANTEEEEEED@

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
Legos seems to be a toy where you can't really ever get the same experience with a knockoff version. Never got a Megabloks set that didn't feel weird as hell and a little jank going together

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Enfield posted:

STAR WART

I loving love start wars.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i'm gonna buy that little nanoblocks kit that looks like a synthesizer.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Pirate Lego are the best Lego.

The Space ones are good, but too gimmicky. Too many gimmick pieces limit replayability.

All the ones they make TV shows out of are too gimmicky, but are probably what those adorable little scamps will want unless you show them how cool Pirate Lego are.

An acceptable compromise are Steampunk Pirate Lego, which is Pirate lego with other cool bits from smaller kits.

Time Pirates.

Time Pirates.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I mean legos were fun, but imagine when you were a kid if you had a gas-powered mini dirt bike instead?

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I remember drooling over the Star Wars sets in the back of the Lego magazines. I remember the most expensive star destroyer was like 150 and had almost 1000 pieces.

Bipolar Transistor
Feb 21, 2016

I said a flip, flop, the hippie the hippie to the flip flop flop, you dont stop the rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat
Legos you can eat are certain to be Goon Approved.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
I always loved that technic poo poo when I was a kid, do they still make that or has it been replaced by $300 mindstorms sets

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Bipolar Transistor posted:

i think these people got sued becuase then a kid tried to eat a real lego?

also lol at the bought together

Bipolar Transistor
Feb 21, 2016

I said a flip, flop, the hippie the hippie to the flip flop flop, you dont stop the rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i think these people got sued becuase then a kid tried to eat a real lego?

also lol at the bought together

I wouldn't doubt it. lovely parents exist.

"But daaaaad- I don't want to play 'Eat the block.'"

It's becoming easier to tell who is stuffing bullshit reviews and freebies on Amazon thanks to the "Bought Together" stuff. If it has a cell phone case or some pet toy with it- guess what? The reviews are probably "got for free" scabs.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Bipolar Transistor posted:

i'd rather just eat regular legos and see what kind of sculpture my butt produces

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

shovelbum posted:

They had some cool double-sided parts, too, that let you attach stuff in ways that Lego wasn't easily capable of. You can see two I remember from when I was a kid on that little thing, attached to each other even, the little waffle piece and the little rosette looking thing.

You know I remember them now that you mention it, they were pretty handy. I had a big bucket of the space stuff myself that I remember getting for $20ish in 1989 money. I have a few of those purple steering columns laying about.

I left this at a friends house when he was going through a Lego phase.

AbbadonOfHell fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 22, 2016

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

What exactly is happening here?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

poisonpill posted:

You don't remember the Star Wars Auschwitz movie?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

poisonpill posted:

It looks like a WWII concentration camp.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

poisonpill posted:

the skeletons are jews i think?!

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MiracleWhale posted:

the skeletons are jews i think?!

interestingly this was prophesied in the jewish book of ezekiel in the famouse passage of the valley of dry boners

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Orkin Mang posted:

interestingly this was prophesied in the jewish book of ezekiel in the famouse passage of the valley of dry boners

moses parted the waters just so he wouldn't get his staff wet. is this the author of the bible (mohammed, pbuh) using signs and metaphors to tell us that moses was gay?! i dunno but hey, i ain't no rabbi

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
How old are the kids? This one might be a choking hazard.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Funky See Funky Do posted:

How old are the kids? This one might be a choking hazard.

this is how my penis is and let me tell you urinating in public is a challenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Go to one of the Lego stores where they sell bulk Lego. Get all one shape, all one color.

Either that or baseplates. Lots of baseplates.

Or a bunch of the random Mini figures, if you are not feeling sadistic.

• Locked thread