Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
Pp keep per preload

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

##Damage on Pegasizzle

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

John Dough, if you're still around might as well preload landing and hitting the button on your turn

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry, I've been bad with remembering preloads this game. :eng99:

AIRLOCK DAMAGED!

quote:

CRISIS: Scouting For Fuel

Current Player Chooses
Skill Check: TAC/PIL = 12
PASS: +1 Fuel
FAIL: -1 Fuel and destroy 1 Raptor

OR

Roll a die; if 4 or lower, -1 Fuel

POST CRISIS: Activate Raiders, +1 Jump Prep

Action Queue:
==> mp5: :shrug:

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Also, visions, but certainly I think that crisis is a good option

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Pp I pass if we do the check

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
for gently caress'S sake

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sent a second Crisis to Roslin to see if she wants to swap, but frankly I doubt it.

I apologize to everyone, I have been awful with remembering Roslin/Baltar and statics in general for these games.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
We've got plenty of fuel, just keep it, do the roll and I punch the button.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Podima posted:

Sorry, I've been bad with remembering preloads this game. :eng99:

Also, in fairness this was hidden in my xo preload

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Yeah we'll keep this one since it has a "don't do a skill check with all that free-flowing TRE" option.

##keep scouting for fuel, take the OR, roll the dice

I believe with this moving the Jump marker to -3 that will be game.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Roslin says let's scout! 1d8=7! No loss!

Raiders activate, and the Raiders in ALPHA move to FOXTROT!

The fleet gains 1 Jump Prep! RISK 3 SPACE REACHED!

By preload, Sam discards a TRE card to land and hits the FTL button, playing a Stratplan for good measure! 1d8+2=5+2=7! SAFE JUMP!

The fleet jumps away, reaching Kobol at last!

:siren: HUMAN VICTORY! :siren:

Good game, folks! Postgame thoughts coming shortly, but thank you all (as always) for playing, and I hope you had a good time!

Podima fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 14, 2016

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So, I think this game (And the other one but it's not over yet) go a long way towards proving that Sam is a great character. Being able to guarantee jumps at -3 is a big deal, especially twice like in this game!

I think both the cylons hurt themselves a little by playing undercover longer than perhaps they should have, but it's a judgment call. I choose to assume their plays during the final round were mostly out of a sense of futility, at the very least?

Oh, and that Caprica use on Improviser's part DID have Legendary Discovery as the other option. It was sad.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

MVPs Shaw, Anders, and the Crisis Deck (as always)

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Podima posted:

I think both the cylons hurt themselves a little by playing undercover longer than perhaps they should have, but it's a judgment call.

Yeah, in retrospect, I probably should've just revealed immediately, but I really wanted the opportunity to tank something with my OPG. Sorry, Imp.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

mp5 posted:

MVPs Shaw, Anders, and the Crisis Deck (as always)

And the Destiny deck, it absolutely loved us for some of those checks. (And I'm pretty sure the Install Upgrades that handed me the Test the Limits was put in by Destiny too!)

W.T. Fits posted:

Yeah, in retrospect, I probably should've just revealed immediately, but I really wanted the opportunity to tank something with my OPG. Sorry, Imp.

Would your SCC have done any good if you'd had it earlier?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Max Peck posted:

And the Destiny deck, it absolutely loved us for some of those checks. (And I'm pretty sure the Install Upgrades that handed me the Test the Limits was put in by Destiny too!)

Would your SCC have done any good if you'd had it earlier?

Maybe. Probably not. :shrug:

quote:

SUPER CRISIS: Cylon Intruders

Skill Check: LEA/TAC = 18
PASS: No Effect
14+: Place 1 Centurion marker at the beginning of the Boarding Party track.
FAIL: Damage Galactica once and place 2 Centurion markers at the beginning of the Boarding Party track.

Parsifal
Jan 1, 2009

wel accually u forgot Dolan
Never seen so many +1 Jump Preps. I think the humans only played into one crisis the whole game with NO JUMP PREP.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Improviser posted:

Never seen so many +1 Jump Preps. I think the humans only played into one crisis the whole game with NO JUMP PREP.

I ended up burying one with my recon post-sleeper to try and help maintain my cover, since that would have been a dead giveaway. Again, my fault for trying to play for the long-term backstab instead of just flipping instantly. :(

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Improviser, I'm still confused as to why you activated Heavies at the end there?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

He was probably hoping for a string of Heavy activation Crises, or was just resigned (i've been in that position a lot for sure).

It definitely shows how random bullshit Crisis cards one way or the other will totally determine the flow of the game. If Roslin had actually gotten all her Visions (I believe I missed two due to DEFCON and the last one was a non-issue) it might have been an even bigger roll.

Parsifal
Jan 1, 2009

wel accually u forgot Dolan

Podima posted:

Improviser, I'm still confused as to why you activated Heavies at the end there?

The game ended with centurions on board Galactica. Moral victory?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
The best BSG games are the ones that lean towards a cylon victory, because they force some serious thinking from the human team while not putting a victory for either team completely outside the realm of possibility. When team human has the clear upper hand all game, well, let's just say there's a reason Cruise Ship Galactica is a phrase.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, team human's early jumps and the Crisis deck brought this game home for them.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

So when did the cylons come in? Just going from memory it didn't seem like we had one pre-sleeper.

Also Fits drawing 2 PIL was a dead giveaway.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Clanpot Shake posted:

So when did the cylons come in? Just going from memory it didn't seem like we had one pre-sleeper.

Also Fits drawing 2 PIL was a dead giveaway.

Improviser was Cylon from the start and W.T. Fits flipped at sleeper. This is what I meant about deep cover - sometimes playing too pro-human in the early game can lead to a strong human lead that you can't counteract in the endgame.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Thanks for hosting, Podima! I like Anders a lot as a character. After the first round he has literally no downside, and his static allowing card swapping means you can catch up fairly quickly anyway. OPG can ensure either a safe jump or guaranteed fuel gain, both of which are great options if you need them.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Anders and Shaw were both insane this game for sure.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Improviser posted:

I did go back and look at this--there were three no-prep crises (other than CACs), but they were all pre-sleeper. (I suspect Boomer did try to keep a no-prep crisis when revealing, but Anders scouted it away.) Combined with all the -3 jumps, I'm not sure what you could have done differently.

Also, those factors combined may be why Roslin only managed to use (play into skill checks, play for effects, or discard for intership movement) 11 skill cards all game.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I have to say I'm a little disappointed that in a game with Boomer and Baltar there weren't more wild accusations flying around. Or any, really.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, some groups/games are just more disposed towards the scumhunting than others. For an example on the other end of the spectrum, you should REALLY read this game: [BSG] Beer Is A Cylon's Greatest Ally

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Podima posted:

Yeah, some groups/games are just more disposed towards the scumhunting than others. For an example on the other end of the spectrum, you should REALLY read this game: [BSG] Beer Is A Cylon's Greatest Ally

I am still sore on that one because despite inspiring the thread title I did not get into that game :ffg:

edit: the biggest reason there aren't many wild accusations anymore is because this game doesn't reward scum hunting, its pretty rare for a cylon to accidentally soft reveal and brigging the wrong person is a huge negative to team human.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I did manage to catch Improviser, but nobody else believed me (except Max) or acted on it since I apparently didn't understand the semantic intricacies of what "XO'ing forward" entailed.

And then I turned at Sleeper and played a whole round undercover instead of revealing.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

W.T. Fits posted:

I did manage to catch Improviser, but nobody else believed me (except Max) or acted on it since I apparently didn't understand the semantic intricacies of what "XO'ing forward" entailed.

While I did believe you...

Max Peck posted:

Your response to someone suspecting that you're planning to throw someone in the brig is to want to throw them in the brig? :allears:

I'm pretty sure I would try to oppose that AQ check if you went for it.

... I kinda only had LEA and TAC in my hand when I said that. So I may have been overstating my level of support ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

W.T. Fits posted:

Yeah yeah

• Locked thread