Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Wild T posted:

This dude knows what's up. If you're throwing a party with a bunch of women, put on some really lovely country about drinking (like every song is about drinking) and it'll be good to go in an hour.

Good

to

loving

go

just dont ask her on a straight tequila night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

FIRST TIME posted:

The most annoying thing to me about all of this is that bro trucks have become the new ricers/krauts. I still see plenty of lowered Civics and VWs but they're usually being driven rather reasonably. It's the jackasses in their pristine, jacked up F-Series and Dodge Rams who are tearing rear end through neighborhoods and slamming the gas at every green light.

Oh and of course there's those coal rolling fuckers.

That has nothing to do with country, it's in fashion right now. Those trucks are being bought buy the skinny jean lumberjack city dwelling hipster crowd because it adds to the illusion that they are really outdoorsy and go hiking every weekend.

As for the rolling coal people, let them ruin their engines, long term better for the environment when they've blown up the truck they owe 60 grand on and have to ride the bus. That fad is already pretty much over now.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
David Allen Coe is what's so great about country music.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Why is Johnny Cash just so good? He's the only country singer where after a few moments I like whatever he is playing (usually) regardless of what style the song is written in.

How did he cut across so many lines?

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

it's all about that denver sound op

https://snakesband.bandcamp.com/releases

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Helical Nightmares posted:

Why is Johnny Cash just so good? He's the only country singer where after a few moments I like whatever he is playing (usually) regardless of what style the song is written in.

How did he cut across so many lines?

being a talented musician helps

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

reallivedinosaur posted:

That has nothing to do with country, it's in fashion right now. Those trucks are being bought buy the skinny jean lumberjack city dwelling hipster crowd because it adds to the illusion that they are really outdoorsy and go hiking every weekend.
its always weird when i leave texas bc im used to seeing giant cracker-rear end trucks as a road majority

i drive mr poops truck when i need to haul something its twelve stories off the ground and i dont even know why im legally allowed to operate it like i had to learn to use side mirrors and poo poo bc looking over my shoulder just wont cut it

thats the only place i listen to country i turn it to the outlaw country channel on sirius and then i pee in fate's eye and dare it to stop me from getting to home depot

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Best thing is when you see them out with their parents and mom and dad are dressed nicely as they get out of their Infiniti, and then junior climbs out of the back door dressed in his redneck costume and his F350 is parked next to his mom's Lexus in their driveway in their gated community which is miles away from the nearest farm or country thing.

sycamore_il.jpg

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead

im gaye posted:

being a talented musician helps

Also drugs and being just a cool dude. He did a lot of amphetamines and barbiturates and was almost killed by an ostrich.
Modern country is all pretenders that consume mostly light beer and cigarettes and have never been attacked by livestock.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Millions of Crows posted:

Also drugs and being just a cool dude. He did a lot of amphetamines and barbiturates and was almost killed by an ostrich.
Modern country is all pretenders that consume mostly light beer and cigarettes and have never been attacked by livestock.

the answer is to release thousands of these at the CMAs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphonopelma_johnnycashi

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

FIRST TIME posted:

The most annoying thing to me about all of this is that bro trucks have become the new ricers/krauts. I still see plenty of lowered Civics and VWs but they're usually being driven rather reasonably. It's the jackasses in their pristine, jacked up F-Series and Dodge Rams who are tearing rear end through neighborhoods and slamming the gas at every green light.

Oh and of course there's those coal rolling fuckers.

Has anyone actually seen a coal roller in real life? I've seen it online, but it seems pretty rare to actually see IRL.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Chet Atkins and Roy Clark were legit good

ihatechesspieces
Jan 2, 2013

Some of Neil Young's more countryish stuff (except for godawful Old Ways) is good. Also...
Son Volt/Jay Farrar/Uncle Tupelo
Some Wilco stuff pre-YHF
Lucinda Williams
Syd Straw
Jimmie Dale Gilmore
Guy Clark

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Has anyone actually seen a coal roller in real life? I've seen it online, but it seems pretty rare to actually see IRL.

All the time. Central Indiana hotspots: Kokomo, 465 and surrounding areas from the airport to NewPal, Greenwood, Noblesville (aka Nobletucky) all of Madison County, and of course a few strays here and there.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Cartouche posted:

Perhaps not listen to crossover country pop garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtMy5IBmX7E

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhhZM83_GpI

ihatechesspieces
Jan 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n--DbvvwYTo
this is p good imo

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

ihatechesspieces posted:

Some of Neil Young's more countryish stuff (except for godawful Old Ways) is good. Also...
Son Volt/Jay Farrar/Uncle Tupelo
Some Wilco stuff pre-YHF
Lucinda Williams
Syd Straw
Jimmie Dale Gilmore
Guy Clark

Ahahahahha

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax
from da country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA88lEZJBdY

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

diggi'n this

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Tommy Emmanuel is country-ish when he wants to be and this here tune is cool and good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X-wKq937l8

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Although I generally have a strong opinion against country, I do have to confess to liking a handful of Johnny Cash and Hank III songs. Yelawolf's country songs aren't the worst things ever either.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

i prefer cs lewis jr, also mr. show.

also, this... so much this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HX4SfnVlP4

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
The only "country" thing I can get into is Nascar. Even then, many of the rednecks are gone now. Compare Nascar now to 1996.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Idiot Kicker posted:

The only "country" thing I can get into is Nascar. Even then, many of the rednecks are gone now. Compare Nascar now to 1996.

Wait if NASCAR isn't full of rednecks what the heck is there

WIT (What In Tarnation) man, WIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Monkey Fracas posted:

Wait if NASCAR isn't full of rednecks what the heck is there

WIT (What In Tarnation) man, WIT

One of the biggest moneymakers for drivers these days is launching a wine label.

• Locked thread