Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
Who is doing the filming and uploading?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

shoophobo posted:

Ghosts.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

shoophobo posted:

He sets up a tripod. He is Australian though so I think for his uploads he actually mails an SD card to Korea and has someone there do it because it's faster that way.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
He made a camera hammock out of reeds twisted into rope, it took weeks of experimental macrame and material gathering. It should be one of the first videos in his channel

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

His modern shorts ruin my immersion.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i would prefer it if he were simply naked tbh

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

hemophilia posted:

Qvark
May 4, 2010
Soiled Meat

hemophilia posted:

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

hemophilia posted:

Lol

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'd let him into my rear end

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

this motherfucker doesn't know when to quit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9AoGc-OTCk

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Radical

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
shouldn't the tiles be attached to the frame somehow :confused:

guess i'll catch up on textile vids while he gets the next one ready

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Sep 17, 2016

AdolfHitler
Mar 21, 2009
he bullied that scorpion

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if that's going to be the forge

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

He's begun ore smelting. We're all hosed. Its only a matter of time before he figures out the recurve bow and starts taking over territories.

no the next step is to forge an iron pick and go looking for diamonds. i expect he will be able to craft a Neather portal in 4-5 vids

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

the most amazing thing about these videos is that the guy isn't completely covered in mosquito bites

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Away all Goats posted:

the most amazing thing about these videos is that the guy isn't completely covered in mosquito bites

He has also somehow avoided being murdered by cassowaries or blue ringed octopus despite being outside in the wilds of Australia. He may not be human at all.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I like the one where he uses his drill to build more advanced parts for his drill and by the end he has a super drill.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Away all Goats posted:

if you notice the smoke pot down by the river when he's gathering mud, thats what thats for

latest vid a+ as usual

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I like smoking pot down by the river too lol

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Hope this guy manages to build a granary or something before winter starts there

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

RedMage129 posted:

I like the one where he uses his drill to build more advanced parts for his drill and by the end he has a super drill.

I liked that too and then when he didn't even use it in the latest vid.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
his final project (after finishing on atomic power and microprocessors) will be a time machine. he will place only two things inside it, a pair of cargo shorts (created using his home made jacquard loom) and a home made digital video camera.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Izzhov posted:

Hope this guy manages to build a granary or something before winter starts there

he's had yams and stuff growing all year, grains are for fat lazy agrarian societies that forgot how to hunt

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
A few more videos and his hut will be better than my house.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Rutibex posted:

his final project (after finishing on atomic power and microprocessors) will be a time machine. he will place only two things inside it, a pair of cargo shorts (created using his home made jacquard loom) and a home made digital video camera.

My new headcanon right here.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
ya but is he going to build satellites and rocket ships to put them into orbit and a global infrastructure of signal towers to make his cell phone work lmao

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Jonny 290 posted:

he's had yams and stuff growing all year, grains are for fat lazy agrarian societies that forgot how to hunt

forgot how to hunt, lol, you understand nothing about capitalism

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Wow, Australian Aboriginals had 10 thousand years more time than this guy and didn't get that much done. Just saying :cool:

naem
May 29, 2011

Looking forward to the dingo chariot

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he lives somewhere hot as balls and is always around fire why is he never sweating

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

waitwhatno posted:

Wow, Australian Aboriginals had 10 thousand years more time than this guy and didn't get that much done. Just saying :cool:

They never invented a bow and arrow while he has made one, so yea he is way ahead of them in terms of technology.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Izzhov posted:

He's in australia, so it's winter right now.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

waitwhatno posted:

They managed to survive, so they must have done something right...

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Jonny 290 posted:

latest vid a+ as usual

He's really good at blocking his shots. Also editing it all into a narrative that flows from one step to the next. I'm always impressed by, not just what he's doing, but how he's showing us what he's doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

genesplicer posted:

They managed to survive, so they must have done something right...

Well, not really. Things didn't turn out that well for them after some inbred hicks with bad teeth and syphilis showed up and put them all in reservations

• Locked thread