Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

the great deceiver posted:

maybe take a "chill pill"

yeah actually im super sad about all the people here addicted to benzos and opioids and what not but that guy could use some ativan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Everybody wants opiates just let them have it. Instead we have chinese made fentanyl killing ignorant people desperate to get high

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

My girlfriend got addicted to various painkillers and anxiety meds. She had good insurance and figured out how to get doctors to prescribe anything. Eventually she needed more and more to get any effect, the doctor shopping gravy train dried up, with less pills available she turned to alcohol. Lost her job. Cashed in her retirement and spent all the money she had on Cobra to keep the insurance going. And then everything ran out and crashed down and she went to rehab. Relapsed, thought about killing herself a lot, and went to rehab again. And she's been clean about 2 and 1/2 years now and is working on a Master's degree.

That's not my habit, but a lot of it was my problem.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You should have broken up with your girlfriend when she started doing pills

You can never trust a junkie

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.
I used to get regularly prescribed Adderall for my ADD, and that was the best poo poo in the world when you get to top off the come-down with some oxycodone or hydrocodone. Got a lot of things done and became a social butterfly.

Not gonna lie, kinda sucks when you don't really get much enjoyment out of life anymore without opiates. Now it's just a matter of one ill-timed random urinalysis to really start the tailspin.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

adderall was the worst. 2 hours of kinda fun followed by 48 hours of shambling around like a strung out zombie

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Necros posted:

adderall was the worst. 2 hours of kinda fun followed by 48 hours of shambling around like a strung out zombie

Yeah... if i was lucky enough to score some benzos, i could nullify that part entirely

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

ContraBoss posted:

I used to get regularly prescribed Adderall for my ADD, and that was the best poo poo in the world when you get to top off the come-down with some oxycodone or hydrocodone. Got a lot of things done and became a social butterfly.

Not gonna lie, kinda sucks when you don't really get much enjoyment out of life anymore without opiates. Now it's just a matter of one ill-timed random urinalysis to really start the tailspin.

what are you gonna do? like do you plan to try to wean yourself off of this stuff?

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

i just took a vicodin (my hip hurts)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
which one op?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
All the good pills you get you can smoke off tinfoil

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I'm addicted to rear end and rum

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

what are you gonna do? like do you plan to try to wean yourself off of this stuff?

I've been sticking to poppyseed tea, which has enough natural morphine and codeine to compete with most other options, and trying to just slowly cut down.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

in my high school everybody used to take tramadol, you could buy it from just the pharmacists in beijing

i hated the stuff, made me itchy and pukey and not feel great in general, i wonder what else they would have sold us over the counter. Like, maybe i could have gotten valium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fonzarelli posted:

in my high school everybody used to take tramadol, you could buy it from just the pharmacists in beijing

i hated the stuff, made me itchy and pukey and not feel great in general, i wonder what else they would have sold us over the counter. Like, maybe i could have gotten valium.

would that you had gotten arsenic :(

• Locked thread