Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Holy poo poo it's the FMA twist

EDIT: :stare: D-D-Dan no. Don't there's no need to drin-:stonk:

:magical:

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Apr 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
They clearly do not have magic powers. Don't you know a Cyborg Hand When you see it? :downs:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Section Z posted:

They clearly do not have magic powers. Don't you know a Cyborg Hand When you see it? :downs:

In my defense, I thought it was the same magic move the monks in Tenrai's Fortress use :v: Both of us were so out of it by that point that neither of us even noticed I died from stepping on my own drat caltrop :cripes:

I loving love Through The Portal, it's just so out there and interesting, and they clearly put a lot of work into it. Plus I just plain love the concept of justice as being timeless

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
Dan make a compilation video of all the times past-Dan noted he'd forgotten to start the timer.

Seemed like Tesshu's story was going for an ambiguous ending until the closure scene with Rikimaru happened. His last boss twist and Grace's delayed revelation over it were both great. Grace must've really been out of it though, after all the Inuyasha referencing throughout the LP, questioning a portal leading from feudal Japan to the modern day came off as just like... what. Through the Portal looks like a cool little bonus mode and I liked how the map didn't have any markers, possibly to make you feel as out of place as Rikimaru?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Hey here's a fun thing I noticed while editing some footage today: Jinnai showed up in Rikimaru's story!

Too bad the Ronin Village was pretty much a minor road bump in Rikimaru's plot. At least Hyakubuke got to FIGHT Rikimaru and Ayame, Jinnai's role as one of Tenrai's minions was pretty much forgotten even by the devs.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Tenchu Wrath Of Heaven Episode 15 - Rikimaru: The B-Movie
(Version without commentary for the true movie experience)

We play the secret B-side dialogue option, which gives Rikimaru`s plotline an actual plot besides "Then Rikimaru did some poo poo that incidentally led to Tenrai"! Can Rikimaru find out about the Secret Invention in time? What could the Secret Invention be? Can anyone withstand the relentless assault of sticky bombs?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The Secret Invention gave my life meaning.

Y'all should click on that episode :five: as gently caress.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

SSNeoman posted:

Y'all should click on that episode :five: as gently caress.
He's right, you know.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Did you get a new mic?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Croccers posted:

Did you get a new mic?

I did, actually, bought myself a blue yeti, it actually has bass to it so I don't sound like a high pitched dork :v: just a regular dork now

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
Dan's rage during the end credits was legendary. And the secret invention has changed how we walk forever.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Hey folks, just wanted to apologize for the radio silence for the last bit, I actually flew down to the States for a vacation where Grace and I had a plan for a secret bonus.

https://twitter.com/HetzerGonnaHetz/status/726940056863281160?s=09

Unfortunately Elgato jacked the game audio up super high without me noticing, meaning we couldn't use the raw footage and I have to do some editing, in turn meaning we couldn't upload our videos while I was down south.

I'm hoping to have the first multiplayer episode up over the weekend, we have two multiplayer episodes, then Ayame and Cam's B-side will mark the end of the LP. Sorry for how quiet its been, don't worry, the LP isn't dead just before the end :v:

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Hard cider and sake for Tenchu multiplayer. I don't see how this could possibly go wrong.

As an aside, any time I played multiplayer I played Tajima. Fun fact, his bullets have infinite range with no dropoff. I found this out by sniping my cousin from across the ronin village. Repeatedly.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

Lazy Bear posted:

Hard cider and sake for Tenchu multiplayer. I don't see how this could possibly go wrong.

We drank sparkling wine right after.

We got sick. Worth it.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Y'know? I believe that.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Tenchu Wrath Of Heaven Episode 16 - Dog Fights

I've been excited for this episode since we recorded it. Look at how drat awesome this dog is.

Tenchu's multiplayer is actually pretty fascinating, every character has access to most, if not all of the moves they use in the main game. Most characters are unlocked by beating them in the game, or by getting a Grand Master on a certain level. I actually had everyone unlocked except the two puppers, fortunately there's cheats for that :v:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Hot sake is the poo poo. Cold sake is liquid misery.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

HEY NOW :colbert:
Some kinds of sake are meant to be taken cold.
BUT Sake tastes like liquid yeast to me. and not like a belgian beer tastes like yeast, but like a super funky sort of yeast.

Fun fact Sake is brewed and fermented in open air, and many people die a year to the massive cloud of dense CO2 that hangs over the fermentation vat when they lean over to inspect it.

YOURE DRINKING BLOOD SAKE DAN AND GRACE
PEOPLE DIED FOR YOUR DRIKING (dis)PLEASURE

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 9, 2016

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Rigged Death Trap posted:

HEY NOW :colbert:
Some kinds of sake are meant to be taken cold.
BUT Sake tastes like liquid yeast to me. and not like a belgian beer tastes like yeast, but like a super funky sort of yeast.

Fun fact Sake is brewed and fermented in open air, and many people die a year to the massive cloud of dense CO2 that hangs over the fermentation vat when they lean over to inspect it.

YOURE DRINKING BLOOD SAKE DAN AND GRACE
PEOPLE DIED FOR YOUR DRIKING (dis)PLEASURE

I want to make sure you and everyone else knows that Grace's cool and also G-gundam loving super weeaboo best friend said to serve the sake warm, but Grace said he didn't want to bother :colbert:

REGARDLESS OF WHETHER HE TRIES TO BLAME IT ON ME BECAUSE HE'S A LYING JERK

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Tenchu Wrath Of Heaven Episode 17 - The Ultimate Team

So hey, you saw us battle against each other, but what if we were on a team??

In fact, if you like seeing us on a team,

Grace and I, as you may know, are doing a thread where we play every Metal Gear game! We played the entirety of Peace Walker co-op, and as we mention in this episode Grace played the prologue to Revengeance! You don't have to check it out but I mean you probably want to see how Grace does at Revengeance don't you? And I mean you probably wanna check out the rest of the thread as well I dunno I don't control your life wow hey look this is still a hyperlink you could totally click this and see an embarassing amount of LP episodes available to you oh man oh dang seriously though imagine 31 episodes of us trying to work together it goes as well as you expect and frankly it was just as fun

Also here's Fast Hokuto Theatre because it's important

Danaru fucked around with this message at 02:30 on May 18, 2016

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Can you aim rice balls like Shurikens or do you just hit the button and hope for the best?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

SSNeoman posted:

Can you aim rice balls like Shurikens or do you just hit the button and hope for the best?

They're just hope for the best, also they suck as a result.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
So now that you're finished with this one are you going to play any of the other tenchus?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Hrvstmn31 posted:

So now that you're finished with this one are you going to play any of the other tenchus?

There's still at least one more episode left, time's been such a premium and we've had so many projects on the go that it's been taking us a while :froggonk:

Other Tenchu games aren't off the table, I do own Fatal Shadows and whatever the Wii one was called.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Tenchu Wrath Of Heaven Episode 18 - Ayame: The B-Movie

SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKERS WE'RE STILL ALIVE

So uh, we sorta forgot were so caught up in other projects that Tenchu got sidelined for a bit, we're back though! We've only got one episode left to show off Tesshu's B-side story, I promise it won't take four months for us to do. :v:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

You also need to clear through the portal! :colbert:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

SSNeoman posted:

You also need to clear through the portal! :colbert:

:ssh:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Tenchu Wrath Of Heaven Episode 19 - Tesshu: The B-Movie

Holy poo poo it's finally here! We finally completed Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I suppose when you've killed everyone three times over, there's nothing much left to kill or do besides take down the mask and pose.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
I'm going to be honest I'm surprised you went back to beat The CEO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Hrvstmn31 posted:

I'm going to be honest I'm surprised you went back to beat The CEO.

With all the recent joking about a lust for revenge in and out of Metal Gear, it was only natural to expect it.

• Locked thread