Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Naerasa posted:

Jewish representation is so small in Hollywood that they're not even on that chart :eyepop:

to be fair, this is also true of Jewish representation in the general population

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i made it three posts into this thread before deciding it is pure loving poo poo. Just thought you guys should know

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Iron Prince posted:

i made it three posts into this thread before deciding it is pure loving poo poo. Just thought you guys should know

You're a prince among men.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
how come hillbillys dont never win no oscars?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The Sphinxster posted:

Thank goodness some white guys are here to tell us racism isn't a real problem.

a bloo bloo blah bloo

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Iron Prince posted:

It's OK. We all did too.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

mrhotdogvendor posted:

Thank you for taking a real issue and turning it into a semantics argument.
?????

was this semantic distinction not what you were alluding to w/r/t the title of the incomplete list you posted, and how it correlates to why the four prominent latino filmmakers who've won or been nominated for academy awards that i named were not on it? because if it was, either you knowingly posted the incomplete list in bad faith, or you didn't realize the list was incomplete and posted the wrong one on accident, and either way responding by alluding to the semantic distinction was what reduced this argument to semantics and it was entirely your doing.
you could've stopped this line of conversation at any point, and you could still stop it right now, by just addressing the academy's recognition of alajandro inaritu, alfonzo cuaron, guillermo del toro, and emmanuel lubezki. you don't even have to agree that their presence is a mitigating factor for latino exclusion, there are several very good arguments that could be made to the contrary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

JiveHonky posted:

how come hillbillys dont never win no oscars?

Matthew McConaughey and Billy Bob Thornton have both won Oscars. Also Woody Harrelson, Tommy Lee Jones, and Chris Cooper.

• Locked thread