Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Rougned the Elder has 3 dingers against the Dads today. He is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

I don't expect that whoever is currently catching for the Blue Jays will be making the major league roster

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Lol, Padres scored nine in the first in Mexico City.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Lol, Padres scored nine in the first in Mexico City.

Was it dinger city? I want to go back and watch the game at some point tonight I think.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
The Padres are up to 20 runs.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jason hammel in midseason form

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Inspector_666 posted:

Was it dinger city? I want to go back and watch the game at some point tonight I think.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The not-Giants are smoking the Royals

E: Ricky Oropesa: Noted Royal Assassin

Otterspace
Jul 13, 2006

This is not a good idea.
One rule of Giants spring training: However many runs they score, the opposing team will score more.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Otterspace posted:

One rule of Giants spring training: However many runs they score, the opposing team will score more.

They're taking a page out of the 1999 Rockies playbook.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Cueto has picked off 2 runners and given up a home run. I was telling my mom before the game started that Hak-Ju Lee sounded like a power name.

E: Crawford refuses to be upstaged by another shortstop

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 31, 2016

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

It's tiiiiime for Dodger baaaasebaaalll

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Chris Capuano is sporting a fine beard. Can't throw a loving strike, but hey you can't have everything.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
What's going on in the OAK@SF game? Belt advanced to second on a foul ball somehow? And nobody questioned it for some reason. Gameday just says, "Belt to 2nd Base"

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

New Concept Hole posted:

What's going on in the OAK@SF game/ Belt advanced to second on a foul ball somehow?

I was just wondering this, glanced away for second and missed it. Nobody around me in the crowd knows either.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Was that some sort of long-con like batting out of order or using an illegal bat; You don't call it out until it matters?

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

Only thing that came to mind is Bassitt balked somehow.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Catcher interference? Oh it was a balk.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Pagan can still do those sliding catches that make me (and I guess him) weak in the knees

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You blew it, Amy. You had a perfect gag going there about how much the Giants players hate Affeldt, and you couldn't keep it up.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.
Shark happy to outta the hellhole known as Arizona.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Ambassador of Funk posted:

Shark happy to outta the hellhole known as Arizona.

He looked good tonight.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

BearDrivingTruck posted:

He looked good tonight.

That is what I'm getting at yes. I'm hoping Jeff's turns out to be a good signing of course.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Carrying Adrianza as a bench bat has paid off

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Hey Funk haven't seen you in a while.

Offense was way up all over Arizona for whatever reason. Glad to see Shark look good at home, of all the offseason acquisitions he was the question markiest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Hey Funk haven't seen you in a while.

Offense was way up all over Arizona for whatever reason. Glad to see Shark look good at home, of all the offseason acquisitions he was the question markiest.

Work takes up most of my time these days, I figured I'd save my riveting opinions and observations for actual baseball :v:.

But yeah I feel the same. It's not a great feeling to see your team commit a lot of money and a lot of years to someone who was out and out bad year (as opposed to Cueto who just had a period of badness last year), so I'll take every good sign I can get.

But overall I think Cueto and Shark are going to like their time in AT&T.

• Locked thread