Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Goodpancakes posted:

Arizona? Pfft I picked the twins to make the series. How's that for predictions

In your mind, where did the Twin's season go wrong for them to lose the 30 games it would have taken to even make the playoffs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Who wants to predict which team will completely mortgage their future only to be a tremendous letdown next season?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Brockenstein posted:

Who wants to predict which team will completely mortgage their future only to be a tremendous letdown next season?

Somewhere the Diamondbacks are selling "an investment opportunity of a lifetime" to a crowd of gullible people.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Good Dog posted:

In your mind, where did the Twin's season go wrong for them to lose the 30 games it would have taken to even make the playoffs?

To be fair, pretty much everyone was going "gently caress if I know" on the AL Central. Expecting the Twins to regress wasn't unwarranted at all, but I don't think anyone thought they'd be this awful.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

They really out performed last year and I thought they could squeak in the AL central. Then just a ridiculous hope of worst team to make the playoffs ends up in the series.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Brockenstein posted:

It's time for the Mariners to lose 95-100 games after just missing the playoffs, again. Seems like a safe pick.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

tadashi posted:

As strange as it sounds, I think Cleveland is the clear favorite. Their rotation is excellent. They have a couple holes in their depth chart but they have a lot of talent returning and Torii Hunter might still be able to hit in spite of one bad season in Minnesota. KC is starting Omar Infante and Jarrod Dyson and Alcides Escobar gets worse every year. That doesn't include a couple of their pitchers who could turn back into pumpkins at any minute. Detroit still has holes in their lineup and pitching staff. The White Sox are betting on 3 pitchers and big turn arounds from key players. The Twins just aren't there yet.

Holy hell, I said something that wasn't stupid.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tadashi posted:

Holy hell, I said something that wasn't stupid.

OTOH you also thought Torii Hunter was still playing

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

We have a new Chicago curse, the curse of Drake LaRoche

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Posted March 8th.

Mr. McGibblets posted:

NL West is going to be interesting, however the winner is just a sacrificial lamb to the Cubs anyways.

Feels good man.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Congrats to abel wingnut, Armitage, myself, Deathlove, Doghouse, goodpancakes, LeftistMuslimObama, Moneyball, Mr. McGibblets, OzFactor, Paul Zuvella, Popete, Poque, Pungry, ScottyJSno, tadashi, TipsyMc, Yaya, YeahTubaMike and zakharov for getting their World Series winner predictions right

And a double congrats to Senf, the only person on the spreadsheet to correctly predict Indians-Cubs with the Cubs winning in the end!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

You can take me off that list, because I had them beating the Twins :psyduck:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I'm so mad that I predicted Schwarber for MVP. When he tore his ACL, it at least seemed like he'd be totally out of the running, but then he had to come back and NOT be MVP. drat it all.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

It was me, I was the guy who had boilerplate predictions of Trout and Harper MVPs and another EYBS victory :downs:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I picked the Cardinals to win the National League but the Giants to win the World Series through the magic of EYBS.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

CubsWoo posted:

Congrats to abel wingnut, Armitage, myself, Deathlove, Doghouse, goodpancakes, LeftistMuslimObama, Moneyball, Mr. McGibblets, OzFactor, Paul Zuvella, Popete, Poque, Pungry, ScottyJSno, tadashi, TipsyMc, Yaya, YeahTubaMike and zakharov for getting their World Series winner predictions right

And a double congrats to Senf, the only person on the spreadsheet to correctly predict Indians-Cubs with the Cubs winning in the end!

I think TubaMike is the only non Cubs fan on that list?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'm too scared to make predictions :ohdear:

Now that the result I craved has come to pass, I can safely make predictions for next year.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ScottyJSno posted:

I'm a Brewers fan supporting a fellow terrible nl central team.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

ScottyJSno posted:

Armitage is a Mets fan and zak is a Yankees fan

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

ScottyJSno posted:

I'm a Jays fan

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
I had a cubs/astros world series with the winner being "cardinals somehow"

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Also, massive massive props to The Berzerker's NL MVP Jason Heyward prediction

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Monicro posted:

Also, massive massive props to The Berzerker's NL MVP Jason Heyward prediction

lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I was right about the Cubs and Indians and wrong about literally everything else

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I predicted the Diamondbacks to win the AL West slightly because I thought they had an upside of 85 wins (if all went very well) and only slightly less to distinguish my ballot from every other ballot that would read Dodgers/Cubs/Nationals Mets/Giants WC.

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

tadashi posted:

I predicted the Diamondbacks to win the AL West

That's a mighty bold prediction.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

ego symphonic posted:

That's a mighty bold prediction.

Brain/Fingers not talking to each other much this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I picked the Astros to win basically everything because I'm a tremendous homer

• Locked thread