Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I admire the genius that is televangelist Benny Hinn

His ministry collects more than $200 million a year, and he’s admitted to his salary being over half a million. Hinn owns a private jet, lives in a $10 million house near the Pacific Ocean, stays in hotel rooms that cost thousands each night, and owns luxury vehicles. The money that he pries from Jesus suckers is astonishing. Even though christians are probably the dumbest motherfuckers in all creation, his hustle is impressively strong.

Benny Hinn is true gangsta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Dreddout posted:

Chill out bro, here, drink some kool-aid!

If anybody has any advice on how to not go into autistic conniptions at the mere mention of religion I'd love to hear it

because above is a legit problem for me, realtalk

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Lawman 0 posted:

Protip anyone who self-identifies as an odinist is probably a neo-nazi.

Neo-nazis have little to no impact on anyone outside their prison gangs, it's the run of the mill Trump voter you gotta worry about

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Science

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Mine would probably be booberry because I never see it any more. Is it seasonal or did they just discontinue it?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Gotta be Sikh, OP.
Someday I'm gonna convert, I'm just too busy right now.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

rio posted:

Science

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

ThaGrandCow posted:

Apparently in some form of the Catholic religion, you can be an absolute shithead for your entire life, sinning so hard that they dedicate an entire church worth of nuns to just cry about you all day... and then when you're about to die you can give a bunch of money and you still go to heaven.

That's a pretty sweet deal IMHO.

ACtually sinning makes you feel bad, so its not

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
islam the religion of peace

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I subscribe to the beliefs of the Yorba Linda Water Discrict

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

the ancient egyptian religion

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

A Stupid Baby posted:

Neo-nazis have little to no impact on anyone outside their prison gangs, it's the run of the mill Trump voter you gotta worry about

Where you come from maybe.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
has anyone said Taoism yet?

cos Taoism. and stoicism to a lesser degree.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
jism

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Question about Sikhism for the experts here:

I know some Sikhs wear kirpans that are nonfunctional as weapons, like with a blade that's only a couple blunt inches, or that has been glued into the sheath, so it's purely a religious symbol.

my question is, doesn't that defeat the whole point of the kirpan? I thought the idea was that the weapon really should be used if necessary, that the Sikh was always prepared to directly and personally intervene to prevent serious injustice.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
The one with the guys that did 9/11

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Perhaps the pilots could be renamed Commanders and (in addition to providing piloting skills) could grant efficiency bonuses to the skills of the scientist, or an effective extra to those classes during a mission?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

H.H posted:

has anyone said Taoism yet?

cos Taoism. and stoicism to a lesser degree.

i to enjoy the worship of Stoic, god of cool

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I admire the jews at how tenaciously they grasp with their claws at their own and other peoples' monies for the sake of having more money

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

amityville anus posted:

I admire the jews at how tenaciously they grasp with their claws at their own and other peoples' monies for the sake of having more money

I know this is a trollpost, but for the record Judaism itself doesn't actually involve any financial poo poo

It just doesn't expressly discourage dealing with money like Christianity does (mostly since money barely existed in Old Testament times), and in medieval Europe that left a pretty clear niche for Jews who were legally excluded from a lot of other possible careers and whose culture encouraged sitting around studying a lot

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

amityville anus posted:

Judaism is one tough duck. i donno how all those jews managed to stay jews for thousands of years and not assimilate into the local populations

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Rutibex posted:

Judaism is one tough duck. i donno how all those jews managed to stay jews for thousands of years and not assimilate into the local populations

the central message at the heart of basically every jewish holiday is "these people tried to make Jews stop being Jewish and it didn't work because gently caress them"

In other words it's not for lack of trying on the part of local authority figures through the years but resistance to assimilation became kind of a self-sustaining idea

To a certain point anyway; I dunno if you've noticed but 95% of American Jews are just basic American-style white people except for the not liking Christmas part and as I understand it it was p much the same in modern Europe until the whole Holocaust thing

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

loquacius posted:

I know this is a trollpost, but for the record Judaism itself doesn't actually involve any financial poo poo

It just doesn't expressly discourage dealing with money like Christianity does (mostly since money barely existed in Old Testament times), and in medieval Europe that left a pretty clear niche for Jews who were legally excluded from a lot of other possible careers and whose culture encouraged sitting around studying a lot

judaism is actually the origin of the early christian rules against usury. usury against other jews was prohibited but usury agaianst the goyim was considered ok

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Disney Pixar Cars

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Humanism, or "Homoism" as i prefer to call it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Taoism is fuckin' rad. You get to eat vinegar and laugh about the taste.

• Locked thread