Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
so my town is a bit "square" if you know what i mean, the sock hops has the same group of "nobodies" playing some boring "jams". thinking about starting a group called the "ragin' daddies" we will be pretty cool. I am letting you guys on the ground floor, i need this to be a successs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
The 'raggin fatties' what?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

PureEvil6_13 posted:

The 'raggin fatties' what?

haha a little ribbing, I get it pal. We are new but I promise we bring the rock!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
wow thats hilarious

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Enfield posted:

wow thats hilarious

hey man thanks

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

i was being disingenuous i actually think its retarded. sorry

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
ill be the ideas guy

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Enfield posted:

i was being disingenuous i actually think its retarded. sorry

hey man thanks

amityville anus posted:

ill be the ideas guy

give me some ideas then, guy

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
I was thinking kinda how Devo plays all quirky and stiff we could play like this *rolls eyes in the back of the head moans and hits the guitar*

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I recommend uploading your gigs to YouTube, that's the hip place to get noticed for music now.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

notZaar posted:

I recommend uploading your gigs to YouTube, that's the hip place to get noticed got music now.

good pro-tip. we will upload our practices too so our fans will know what we got cookin up ;)

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
I'm just not sure having 'Daddies' in the band name is the best idea. Everyone is going to assume you're a lovely ska band trying to cash in on the coattails of No Doubt.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
enfield you can be our nick blinko where you obviousily dont want to be there but instead of social anxiety it can be because you ahve your head so far up your rear end

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

PureEvil6_13 posted:

I'm just not sure having 'Daddies' in the band name is the best idea. Everyone is going to assume you're a lovely ska band trying to cash in on the coattails of No Doubt.

hey hey i think the name is pretty tops but, if you have suggestions i am not opposed to changing it????

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Just make sure to name the band 'Show Cancelled'.
That would be great to see on a marquee.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
If the town is as square as you say it is, I'd recommend forming a barbershop quartet.

bored_fed_up
Mar 9, 2016

by Shine
do u ever open like 60 songs at once and overlay them to create a satanic symphony

its quite fun

i heard the sense effects that come from producing sounds like that do quite interesting things

isnt the form called a "dirge"

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

free bird!

bored_fed_up
Mar 9, 2016

by Shine
i hear the specific exact timing of playing and overlaying all the sounds is pretty hard to do in order to create something

perhaps we are only approaching a time when sounds that were once heard by all will be heard again

or some other type of schizo junk like that

i mean the devil isnt real right so invoking naturally occurring universal tones cant do anything obviously

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
everyone can be in a band, but not everyone can inspire the children. think about it

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
If you haven't achieved some sort of success in music by the age of say, 24, don't bother.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

You'll need double guitars for yourself and the other band members, this is crucial

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
All of the lyrics must be about sex and/or drugs. Gotta appeal to the kids!

Oh yeah, make all of the instruments triangles.

bored_fed_up
Mar 9, 2016

by Shine

HD DAD posted:

If you haven't achieved some sort of success in music by the age of say, 24, don't bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Name it "The Cucks"

• Locked thread