Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/11/man-held-for-shooting-at-noisy-dancers-in-china?CMP=fb_gu

quote:

Police in south-west China have detained a man who opened fire with an air rifle on a group of “dancing grannies” after becoming infuriated at the volume at which they were playing their music.

Chinese state media said the man, named only as Mo, lost his cool when he asked the group of swinging septuagenarians who had set up camp outside his home in Guangxi province to turn down the volume and was rebuffed.

Xinhua said the man fired three shots from an air rifle, hitting one of the women in the leg. He fled the scene and was picked up by police in a neighbouring province six days later, according to Guilin Life, a local news website.

Xinhua said Mo claimed he had intended to destroy the sound system. He was being held on charges of endangering public safety and could face further charges relating to illegal possession of a firearm.

The women had been practising a dance routine celebrating International Women’s Day.

China's noisy dancing retirees have local residents up in arms
Read more
Square dancing is a wildly popular pastime in China, where elderly damas crowd into parks, squares and housing estates each evening for often raucous sessions. But repeated outbreaks of violence – the result of public fury over excessive noise – have marred its image.

In 2014 an irate Beijing resident unleashed three Tibetan mastiffs on a group of women, Xinhua reported. The previous year amateur dancers in the city of Wuhan were pelted with rocks and excrement by angry locals. Residents of one apartment block erected a 100-metre barbed wire fence to keep the dancers out.

Facing a growing public outcry, authorities have vowed to bring the unruly dancers into line. “Square dancing represents the collective aspect of Chinese culture but now it seems that the over-enthusiasm of participants has dealt it a harmful blow with disputes over noise and venues,” Liu Guoyong, a sports official, told the China Daily newspaper last year. “So we have to guide it with national standards and regulations.”

[

wikipedia" posted:

In the People's Republic of China, square dancing or plaza dancing (simplified Chinese: 广场舞; traditional Chinese: 廣場舞; pinyin: guǎngchǎng wǔ; literally: "public square dance"), is an exercise routine performed to music in squares, plazas or parks of the nation's cities. It is popular with middle-aged and retired women who have been referred to as "dancing grannies] in the English-language media. Due to its low cost and ease of participation, it has been estimated to have over 100 million practitioners, according to CCTV, the country's official television network.

Conclusion : I don't blame poor Mo, these grannies have it coming to them .... why can't they dance quietly at least? Air rifle was pretty lenient imo he could have used a high-powered sniper rifle.

Anyway, wtf is this taking over whole squares about anyway? Ok I get it that retired Chinese are bored, and there must be shitloads of them, but what's with the giant displays of line dancing? Bit over the top if you ask me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

its nice and i like itr

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
hmm yeah im american dancing should be done in dark warehouses and you should have to pay for it

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Police in south-west China have detained a man who opened fire with an air rifle on a group of “dancing grannies”

Cultural appropriation.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
cunts

Aug 4, 2010

what did he score?

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I like how the grans basically told him to gently caress off. loool.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

SirEvelynTremble posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/11/man-held-for-shooting-at-noisy-dancers-in-china?CMP=fb_gu

[

Conclusion : I don't blame poor Mo, these grannies have it coming to them .... why can't they dance quietly at least? Air rifle was pretty lenient imo he could have used a high-powered sniper rifle.

Anyway, wtf is this taking over whole squares about anyway? Ok I get it that retired Chinese are bored, and there must be shitloads of them, but what's with the giant displays of line dancing? Bit over the top if you ask me

are the picures of the grannies? cause that's not what I imagined when I read the thread title and it rules

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
would that their square dancing was them measuring out their burial plots

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Them old ladies should not be dancing

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
He could have just set up a granny gangbang... Would have been fun for everyone

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Ben Smash posted:

He could have just set up a granny gangbang... Would have been fun for everyone

I saw a thing on TV that said old ladies are all ramped up for gangbangs, but they probably meant one old lady and a bunch of dudes.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

mods pls change my name to Dancing Granny

Thank you for your time.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
#GrannyLivesMatter

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
18,000 grannies break world record dancing

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
mo money mo problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

amityville anus posted:

hmm yeah im american dancing should be done in dark warehouses and you should have to pay for it

people should be mocked for dancing and be required to be like 40 dollars drunk before they have the confidence to even so much as 'grind', agreed

• Locked thread