Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Okay, so I've been hanging out in my pillow fort all morning (its pretty cool [made of all the pillows in my house]) and its starting to lose its "pizzaz." I mean I even used the big ones from the couch and a few sheets and chairs put together to make a roof, so its pretty ace, but I think I could do better for a Friday.

What can I do to make this thing more exciting? I'm looking for experience pillow fort builders advice ONLY please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Don't let girls into it OP biggest mistake I made with mine.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
have a wank in it

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Have you considered islam, op?

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
heat it with open coal braziers and warm your hands

hopefully some sparks will fly out or drifet out or something and burn your house down and we can all rest a little easier knowing that tomorrow we will get to read a really good article about how some moron burned his howse down and diead because he built a pillow fort and then heated it with open coal braziers

idiot

Puella
Oct 31, 2013

The meaning of life is The Sims.
add a few guard dogs

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
"spice" things up with a small tateful straw basket of popourri my nigga

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
make a smaller pillow outhouse

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
If you had coma pillows you would never be bored.

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you
Is your fort all one big open space? Common but disastrous mistake- It is a fort, you need rooms! A room for the war table, a room for snacks and ammo, a room for Kevin since no one really wanted him to come over anyway so just stick him in there, etc.

Puella
Oct 31, 2013

The meaning of life is The Sims.

Enfield posted:

the outhouse goes in the fort. are you an amateur?

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Mad Monk posted:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Don't let girls into it OP biggest mistake I made with mine.

Great idea, I'll make a "No girls" sign to hang outside.

Savings Coupon posted:

Is your fort all one big open space? Common but disastrous mistake- It is a fort, you need rooms! A room for the war table, a room for snacks and ammo, a room for Kevin since no one really wanted him to come over anyway so just stick him in there, etc.

I said EXPERIENCED fort builder advice. Its not a pillow house, I called it a fort. Of course it has multiple areas, don't insult me like that.

Enfield posted:

Definitely a good idea, gonna have to raid for more pillows.

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Also you need side hatches to fire things at people with rubber bands

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Get the cat or the dog into the fort for maximum fun.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Mad Monk posted:

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

satanic splash-back posted:

Great idea, I'll make a "No girls" sign to hang outside.

I said EXPERIENCED fort builder advice. Its not a pillow house, I called it a fort. Of course it has multiple areas, don't insult me like that.

Definitely a good idea, gonna have to raid for more pillows.

If a "No girls" sign had to be suggested to you I don't think you're as good at this as you think you are...

Anyway how about a second level built up onto the couch/chairs? what about an altar to tie Kevin to for a blood offering?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

You need to watch MacGyver in your fort.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

OctoberBlues posted:

And a plate of menstrual cookies to offer diplomatic visitors to your fort from foreign lands

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

get a bell you can ring when its time for mom to bring snacks ( they must be left outside the fort)

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Don't forget to add a bunch of blankets too

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

OctoberBlues posted:

or seaquest dsv

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
invade neighboring pillow forts

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

flerp posted:

invade neighboring pillow forts

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Okay, so I've been hanging out in my pillow fort all morning (its pretty cool [made of all the pillows in my house]) and its starting to lose its "pizzaz." I mean I even used the big ones from the couch and a few sheets and chairs put together to make a roof, so its pretty ace, but I think I could do better for a Friday.

What can I do to make this thing more exciting? I'm looking for experience pillow fort builders advice ONLY please.

when i was a kid my parents had like 20+ of those giant rubbermaid containers. just filled with winter coats and sleeping bags and camping poo poo. Also ther was a spare mattress down there. So we'd set up all the big rubbermaid boxes as the walls, use the matress for a roof, thing was like 4+ feet high, basically as high as the basement ceiling, and as wide as the room it was built in. so it was basically just a slightly smaller version of the room we were already in

but the kicker? instead of pillow walls it was a pillow floor.

anyways this is ur average 'rich kid' pillow fort some of the kids in my school had some crazy poo poo u wouldnt even believe. pillow forts that connected to crawlspaces that connected to under the porch? hoooooly gently caress eric had it good

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
i was too lazy to make pillow forts so id just kind of roll my body into the seam of the couch until I was sucked into it and just sort of stare out of it

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006
pillow buttresses, pillow battlements, pillow murder-hole

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
2 words: piss moat.

Blunderz
Feb 22, 2016
make a catapult out of a broomstick and play siege. destroy, rebuild, repeat.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Somebody came to the door and knocked a few times, but they looked pretty scared when I started yelling "NO GIRLS ALLOWED" every time I heard knocking. Whatever the reason, they were repelled by my fortress walls.

I think I might need a moat or something but that sounds like a lot of work. Does anyone have any experience modding a kiddy pool into a moat?

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
Locate an adjacent enemy pillow fort, it's time to claim what's rightfully yours. Seige the pillow fort by using a pincer maneuver to encircle it, then appropriate any provisions which attempt to break the blockade and shoot down any supply drops. Once the defenders are weak from hunger, launch your assault. Raise your flag, send prisoners back to the first fort to be interred in camps.

Continue until you win lebensraum.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Acid Haze posted:

Locate an adjacent enemy pillow fort, it's time to claim what's rightfully yours. Seige the pillow fort by using a pincer maneuver to encircle it, then appropriate any provisions which attempt to break the blockade and shoot down any supply drops. Once the defenders are weak from hunger, launch your assault. Raise your flag, send prisoners back to the first fort to be interred in camps.

Continue until you win lebensraum.

Before you do, demoralise the enemy using cointelpro (phoning them up so their mom keeps having to go to their fort with the phone, then hanging up)

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
Have you considered installing a moat and or booby traps? Maybe at the very least a couple of portcullis with that area in between with murder-holes on top so that you can dump hot coffee or soup on people when they try to break in to make you take it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

You should have made a blanket fort, pillow forts are for losers.

• Locked thread