Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ork of Fiction posted:

I'm gonna buy a direct metal laser sintering machine and use it to print out counterfeit Susan B Anthony dollars by the dozens!

but that will tank the collectors market!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Ork of Fiction posted:

I'm gonna buy a direct metal laser sintering machine and use it to print out counterfeit Susan B Anthony dollars by the dozens!

That's at least $24!!!! JFC!!!!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Cox has a retarded 3D printed food commercial they keep showing over and over and over and over

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Booblord Zagats posted:

Cox has a retarded 3D printed food commercial they keep showing over and over and over and over

Can they print me out a king cake with a plastic baby inside? Otherwise not interested...:rolleyes:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

King of Bees posted:

Can they print me out a king cake with a plastic baby inside? Otherwise not interested...:rolleyes:

I dunno, ask this little rear end-guzzler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijNAMpNTim8

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

King of Bees posted:

gently caress those things then. I was gonna be a hotshot in the powerwheel (P'dubs) circuit! Now I'm just a fuckin loser :(

Could have just called a machine shop

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

The Dregs posted:

Could have just called a machine shop

There's no "machine shop" in DIY, thanks.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Blistex posted:

People are making their own CNC mills (3 or4 axis) that can make stuff faster and better than comparable 3D printers. Why bother making something out of crappy plastic string when you could mill it out of decent plastic or even aluminium?

I just use machine shops. If you can do a technical drawing worth a gently caress and understand simple stuff like stock bar sizes and tool radii so that the machinists don't have to think about it you can get it all machined for cheap.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

bring back old gbs posted:

idk gears arent some space age magic, they were bashing them out of copper like a million years ago with zero repeatability and poo poo still worked

The trick with 3d printers is to makes your gears really huge. The tolerance gets better the bigger your gear. The age of smaller gagets is over. Now comes a race to bigger and bigger sprockets and hosed up steam punk gears and poo poo.

It's going to be awful and hilarious all in one

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm going to get 2 3d printers and build a 9d printer

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Noblesse Obliged posted:

The trick with 3d printers is to makes your gears really huge. The tolerance gets better the bigger your gear. The age of smaller gagets is over. Now comes a race to bigger and bigger sprockets and hosed up steam punk gears and poo poo.

Sprokets you say?

Nice.. nice

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Secks Cauldron posted:

Your circulatory system alone is 60,000 miles worth of delicate and intricate parts. Why go to all that trouble when you can make people in the fun and old-fashioned way?

smaller chance of vaginal tearing

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mozi posted:

i'm going to get 2 3d printers and build a 9d printer

cool just like that guy that got dissapeared by the gov't over on the arduino forums gl

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Booblord Zagats posted:

Sprokets you say?

Nice.. nice

Looks like the Jetsons was a prophetic look into the future after all.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Sprockets are fine, I guess, but I'm more of a cog man myself.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Germstore posted:

:getout:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Germstore posted:

get the gently caress outta here you cogswell sympathizing son of a bitch

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Booblord Zagats posted:

I dunno, ask this little rear end-guzzler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijNAMpNTim8

i fuckin love that legit nobody understands any of the applications of 3d printers and they consistiently try to market them as some life improvement technology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
That ad resonates with me. A fat internet pipe is all that's keeping me from 3d printing a fried egg- and dragon mousse.

• Locked thread