Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Cliff Yablonski was one of the first things that got me reading SA regularly. Hard to believe that was around 13 years ago.

lidnsya posted:

District Bulletin

You beat me to it.

Hairbank posted:

My god is Big Hairbank. He is me but huger. I am the hugest man, and Big Hairbank is the hugest god. I ride around inside Big Hairbank and we pluck men from the land like ticks from a whore and we pop them in our mouths and eat them like ticks from a whore. Big Hairbank and Hairbank team up to eat more children, you trust me on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Roaming Dad was awesome.
I also liked that one with the space station memos or something and things keep getting worse and weird as they go on. I can't think of the name.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
What was State Ogg about? Never read those.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
HYURGI TIGERWOODS

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
This came from nowhere, and never appeared again, but it will forever remain my favorite.

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/yougay/1/

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Rupert Murdoch - Birds I Want ta Root
http://www.somethingawful.com/news/rupert-murdoch-fox/

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The Gone Girl review that got Current Releases shut down

If it has to be something that's actually intentionally funny then 15 Hilariously Awkward Things From the 90s Contained in the Sphere That Has Appeared Above Our City

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Hector Beerlioz posted:

What was State Ogg about? Never read those.

Thats the one i couldnt remember the name of. It was good

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Isaac posted:

Thats the one i couldnt remember the name of. It was good

What was it about?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Hector Beerlioz posted:

What was it about?

It was a memo style thing for an evil company. It was a very long time ago. Lots of people at the time didnt get it. I can remember almoat nothing except i liked it.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
what does this mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I liked the Current Releases review of Disney's Planes

quote:

The female planes are apparently designed by someone who has no idea what a female plane would look like. The idea of introducing gendered identities to normally non-gendered objects so often treats the familiar as inherently masculine. Female planes are painted hot pink and granted the enlarged, fluttery eyelashes so often used to distinguish women from men in lazily drawn cartoons. "Look at that propellor," declares Dusty and he gets a look at one of the ladyplanes' rear end. In one scene, the film even eroticises the tilting of wingflaps for a disturbingly long time. You could argue that it is a joke. I would argue that it enforces the idea of objectifying women to all the five-year-old boys in the audience by applying it to literal objects who have gender but no sex. Gotta start them off early, after all.

In a film so concerned with class division, racial stereotypes and gender-inequality, it seems odd that the heavy-handed "moral" of the story would be that Dusty's success is an inspiration to all the little guys who were designed to be less but who can learn to try to become more somehow. It's like the persistent right-wing (ha) argument that minorities already have equality and that by insisting that they do not, these groups are merely seeking to gain an upper hand. The belief is that these people are naturally unequal and can only be considered equal in legal terms, because the truth as they see it is that anyone who is not society's favourite is only in a marginalised position because they can never aspire to truly be more than they are allowed to be.

• Locked thread