Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

nh posted:

mag7 dropped it, so I'm picking up Sometimes It Snows in April.

edit: And here's what I go so far. Needs a lot of polish, but sharing in case I don't have time to get back to it before the deadline, in which case this will be my submission.

https://soundcloud.com/stepwisecliche/sometimes-it-snows-in-april-unfinished-prince-cover

Jesus Christ Goddamn. Welp gently caress it. I quit.

--

EDIT: gently caress computers. gently caress DAWs. gently caress Logic Pro gently caress IO devices an drivers and gently caress computers.

magnificent7 fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Just a sample

Alternative pants fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 18, 2016

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

Having two days off in a row does wonders for productivity.

nh
Feb 2, 2003
I went back to clean up my cover and now Windows crashes every time I try to open it. I may have overdone it with the processing. Whoops.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

nh posted:

I went back to clean up my cover and now Windows crashes every time I try to open it. I may have overdone it with the processing. Whoops.

I had a with that with my old setup. Going from 4GB of RAM to 12GB makes a work of difference.

nh
Feb 2, 2003
I updated to 16gb not too long ago. I think it's a CPU load problem. After uploading my first bounce, I got a bit ambitious with some of my effects chains and ended up with like 18 plug-ins on the vocals alone between the two vocal tracks, three sends, and the vocal bus. I guess it's my bad for cheaping out on the processor when I was building this machine.

Good news: I was eventually able to keep the project open long enough without a crash to clear out the vocal chain. There's still so much going on with all the instrument tracks and the mixing plug-ins on those, I've had to increase the ASIO buffer to the max just to make the track listenable. Admittedly, FL Studio isn't really built for what I'm doing here, but I've just gotten so comfortable with it, it's hard to let go.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

I'm calling this my entry.

Space Oddity

e

Koivunen posted:

Since nobody has reserved it yet, I'm going to call Space Oddity by David Bowie.

No promises.

I just realized you said you were doing this song. Now I feel like a dick.

Alternative pants fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 25, 2016

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour

Alternative pants posted:

I'm calling this my entry.

Space Oddity

e

I just realized you said you were doing this song. Now I feel like a dick.

Haha no worries. I haven't had time to even think about starting yet.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

So when does the extension start? :v:

nh
Feb 2, 2003

nh posted:

mag7 dropped it, so I'm picking up Sometimes It Snows in April.

edit: And here's what I go so far. Needs a lot of polish, but sharing in case I don't have time to get back to it before the deadline, in which case this will be my submission.

https://soundcloud.com/stepwisecliche/sometimes-it-snows-in-april-unfinished-prince-cover

I don't know if this is dead, but I replaced the original with the final. Even if there's another extension, this is my entry. How many other people are working on something?

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

CaptainViolence posted:

So when does the extension start? :v:

I was planning on posting the voting thread on Monday, but if you can get it done in a week I can hold off.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm 3/4 through She's Always In My Hair. I'm also 3/4 deaf. So I'll finish it tomorrow and boom, that'll be another runner up for me.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

I was planning on posting the voting thread on Monday, but if you can get it done in a week I can hold off.

Oh, mine's done, it was the last post on the first page. I'm just excited for the usual deluge of last minute entries, it's one of the funnest parts of Rockstar.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

magnificent7 posted:

Jesus Christ Goddamn. Welp gently caress it. I quit.

--

EDIT: gently caress computers. gently caress DAWs. gently caress Logic Pro gently caress IO devices an drivers and gently caress computers.
Okay FINE. I don't quit. But I don't understand how sounds play nice together.

She's Always In My Hair by Prince, by Me.
https://soundcloud.com/beauhall/shes-always-in-my-hair-prince-cover-by-beau-hall

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

Voting thread going up soon.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
poop

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So what happened?

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

magnificent7 posted:

So what happened?

Stupid work related poo poo.

Voting is live

nh
Feb 2, 2003
How long is voting going? Any ideas for next theme?

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

Voting runs through sunday. No ideas on the theme though.

nh
Feb 2, 2003
It's Sunday now. Good job all around on the great tunes and particular congratulations to Alt Pants for his utter and complete victory. What's next? I think we should all do covers of Spice Girls' Wannabe.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

I'm going on vacation is week, so if anyone else wants to start the next thread go for it. Otherwise I'll get it going on Sunday.

E: In case someone does create the thread, my only idea right now is songs about traveling.

Alternative pants fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jun 13, 2016

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I'm going on vacation is week, so if anyone else wants to start the next thread go for it. Otherwise I'll get it going on Sunday.

E: In case someone does create the thread, my only idea right now is songs about traveling.

I like it. Summer Vacations. Travel. Fisting.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Okay so FINE. As always, I, your second-place runner up, shall set up another thread for you winners who can't be bothered with the tasks of the little people. You elitist one percenter divas.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Okay CORN BUCKLERS. IT IS UP:

ROCKSTAR: I AM A HIGHWAY
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779895

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

magnificent7 posted:

Okay so FINE. As always, I, your second-place runner up, shall set up another thread for you winners who can't be bothered with the tasks of the little people. You elitist one percenter divas.

Always a bridesmaid, eh?

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Trig Discipline posted:

Always a bridesmaid, eh?
Pretty much. It's all right. Without me, they wouldn't look so great. Or something.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
btw mag7 would you mind trying this on? I think you can make it work.

nh
Feb 2, 2003
When I get married, that's what my groomsmen are wearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Trig Discipline posted:

btw mag7 would you mind trying this on? I think you can make it work.

Does it have to be orange red? I already have one in peach.

• Locked thread