Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I know the Sargasso Sea is every goons deepest fear. But don't believe the drunken sailor hype. :rolleyes: Sargassum generally forms in long, but narrow bands! There is very little chance your vessel will become entwined during your cross Atlantic voyage. Trust me. You will not crew a ghost ship after being attacked by sea monsters if you happen to find yourself in the Sargasso Sea.

However there are very stiff penalties for harvesting sargassum to use as livestock feed without the proper permits and observers.

Check out this link for more information and also maritime careers. http://www.maritimeprofessional.com/blogs/post/pelagic-sargassum-habitat-restricted-area-14915

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I find the best place for star gazing is the Pelagic Sargassum Habitat Restricted Area. :allears:

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I find the best place for shitposting is this thread :allears:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

I find the best place for shitposting is this thread :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDX1rOeWgZA

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
/
when the car go into fish skeleton mouth my dick get hard?

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
I hear you can't go to the Pelagic Sargassum Habitat Restricted Area without a permit. Is that right?

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
When entering the Pelagic Sargassum Habitat Restricted Area, be aware...you may be assaulted by baby sea turtles taking refuge and foraging in what may perhaps be the most adorable attack you'll ever survive

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Bundle of Keys posted:

I hear you can't go to the Pelagic Sargassum Habitat Restricted Area without a permit. Is that right?

Check the informative link in the OP. I can't remember what it says because I'm still hungover from St Patrick's day. If not try Google :shrug: I'm no expert, just a casual seafarer.

ElectricSheep posted:

When entering the Pelagic Sargassum Habitat Restricted Area, be aware...you may be assaulted by baby sea turtles taking refuge and foraging in what may perhaps be the most adorable attack you'll ever survive

They are the cutest of the horrifying sea monsters.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Bitter Mushroom posted:

/
when the car go into fish skeleton mouth my dick get hard?

Common response. No need to worry. You know what to do :)

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

King of Bees posted:

Common response. No need to worry. You know what to do :)

First find a non toothy fish skeleton.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Interesting Sargasso Sea fact: American eels make their journey there to breed from streams and rivers in North America, and then the little elvers do the same trip in reverse. Eel breeding grounds were a mystery until fairly recent years when this was discovered!

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
The Pelagic Sargassum Habitat Restricted Area is no place for you kids to be screwing around, STOP SCREWING AROUND back there in the Pelagic Sargassum Habitat Restricted Area.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Sargassum, the weed of deceit.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Mad Monk posted:

The Pelagic Sargassum Habitat Restricted Area is no place for you kids to be screwing around, STOP SCREWING AROUND back there in the Pelagic Sargassum Habitat Restricted Area.

They should post signs!

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

ElectricSheep posted:

:stare:

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

King of Bees posted:

Check the informative link in the OP. I can't remember what it says because I'm still hungover from St Patrick's day. If not try Google :shrug: I'm no expert, just a casual seafarer.

The link didn't mention it, but I did learn that Pelagic sargassum is found primarily in the western portion of the North Atlantic gyre. :aaaaa:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

This is why we need those signs. Kids just don't get that it's a real thing.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

We can't stop here, this is the Sargassum Sea!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

the sargasso sea is some baby boomer poo poo its all about the great pacific garbage patch now get it with it grampa

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Earwicker posted:

the sargasso sea is some baby boomer poo poo its all about the great pacific garbage patch now get it with it grampa

That ain't no place to be screwing around in either. STOP SCREWING AROUND back there in the great pacific garbage patch!

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

No matter how you cook it it still tastes like hot sargassum.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Tell me more about the pelagic sargassum habitat restricted area.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I'm anthropomorphic version of the great pacific garbage patch

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I'm anthropomorphic version of the great pacific garbage patch

Haha so what youre saying is youre an anthropomorphic version of uh, my mother in law, my ex-wife, your own mother, yourself and myself?!?!? And that you work from home?!?!? :xd:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Minimalist Program posted:

Haha so what youre saying is youre an anthropomorphic version of uh, my mother in law, my ex-wife, your own mother, yourself and myself?!?!? And that you work from home?!?!? :xd:

Also this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_blob_(Chukchi_Sea_algae)

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Earwicker posted:

Only fools and millennial rubes would think a floating mass of plastic particulates would drive fear into the saltiest seamen. Hell, the plastic probably killed all leviathans in that area.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

King of Bees posted:

Only fools and millennial rubes would think a floating mass of plastic particulates would drive fear into the saltiest seamen. Hell, the plastic probably killed all leviathans in that area.

a future in which the fishing industry no longer exists because most fish have become poisonous or extinct due to eventual collapsing food chains would probably scare a lot of salty seamen

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Earwicker posted:

a future in which the fishing industry no longer exists because most fish have become poisonous or extinct due to eventual collapsing food chains would probably scare a lot of salty seamen

Pffft. I eat a spoon full of plastic a day. Keeps the humours in balance.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Prettz posted:

Sargassum, the weed of deceit.

came here to post this, disappointed that it wasn't higher on the first page

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Let this remind you of what happened to the last scrubs to recreationally dive in the Sargassum Habitat Restricted Area

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

KFC Pelagic Sargassum Hot Chicken

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Strategic Tea posted:

Let this remind you of what happened to the last scrubs to recreationally dive in the Sargassum Habitat Restricted Area

Throw em in the destructor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
"Jimmy dives where he likes"

Well Jimmy, I got some news. You see your buddy over there? He thought he could dive in the Pelagic Sargassum Habitat Restricted Area. You think SEA PATROL takes that poo poo lightly? Well they don't. Say goodbye Jimmy. Oh, by the way, you're next. And it won't be gentle, like your friend here got it. But bad, Jimmy. Bad.

• Locked thread