Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dommer416
Aug 4, 2013

Hello little children your uncle is here.
Starting this topic because I couldn't see one for it. If there is one feel free to close this one. Thx

If anyone is following the whole Jim Sterling \ Digital Homicide thing going on, the long into the short is that DigiHom is a shovelware games company shoveling poo poo onto steam and Sterling included one of their games in his show. Now they have decided that they were offended and that their profession, if you can call it that, is ruined as well as the name, face, and value of the company as a whole.

Last night I read an article from Kotaku that DigiHom was going to sue Sterling for ten million dollars.

Article here: http://kotaku.com/angered-game-developer-sues-game-critic-jim-sterling-fo-1765484317

The company has no one acting as their lawyer, assumably because they are shoveling poo poo out from their attic, and are going to represent themselves in court. Jim has been told by youtube officials that if anything with Digital homicide was going to go to court then they would help him with it up to one million in court fees. Whats even better about all of it is that DigiHom is absolutely confident that they will win the case despite the evidence that they have left all over the place that has been archived both on steam forums and on Jim Sterlings youtube channel. I can only assume that there are multiple other places that have their very dumb moves posted, but I only know of the two. The one thing Sterling may not be able to prove past pulling phone records is the phone call he received from one of the Romine brothers threatening him with various items, even that he will be sued.

The Romine brothers, Digital Homicide, were confident in themselves enough that they had opened a kickstarter to fund their case. The crowdfunding has since been closed as people put in amounts that would pull money away from DigiHom. I find that part the most hilarious.

So, what o you guys make of it? Did DigiHom have too many vaccines or are they just stupid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Dommer416 posted:

Starting this topic because I couldn't see one for it. If there is one feel free to close this one. Thx

If anyone is following the whole Jim Sterling \ Digital Homicide thing going on, the long into the short is that DigiHom is a shovelware games company shoveling poo poo onto steam and Sterling included one of their games in his show. Now they have decided that they were offended and that their profession, if you can call it that, is ruined as well as the name, face, and value of the company as a whole.

Last night I read an article from Kotaku that DigiHom was going to sue Sterling for ten million dollars.

Article here: http://kotaku.com/angered-game-developer-sues-game-critic-jim-sterling-fo-1765484317

The company has no one acting as their lawyer, assumably because they are shoveling poo poo out from their attic, and are going to represent themselves in court. Jim has been told by youtube officials that if anything with Digital homicide was going to go to court then they would help him with it up to one million in court fees. Whats even better about all of it is that DigiHom is absolutely confident that they will win the case despite the evidence that they have left all over the place that has been archived both on steam forums and on Jim Sterlings youtube channel. I can only assume that there are multiple other places that have their very dumb moves posted, but I only know of the two. The one thing Sterling may not be able to prove past pulling phone records is the phone call he received from one of the Romine brothers threatening him with various items, even that he will be sued.

The Romine brothers, Digital Homicide, were confident in themselves enough that they had opened a kickstarter to fund their case. The crowdfunding has since been closed as people put in amounts that would pull money away from DigiHom. I find that part the most hilarious.

So, what o you guys make of it? Did DigiHom have too many vaccines or are they just stupid?

Probably just narcissistic. They've always come off as completely self-absorbed and immensely defensive about all their awful work instead of taking any kind of critical feedback into account.

• Locked thread