Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

White Noise Marine posted:

That turned out to be idiots drilling water wells into methane deposits.

Isn't that called fracking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

When I was in college I used a filter because the water tasted funny, everywhere else it tastes a-ok, so I don't.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
On occasion when I turn on the shower in the morning, it will temporarily run brown (from, what the landlord tells me, are rust deposits) for a moment before clearing up

so yes OP, in answer to your question I do use water filters

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

The worst is when there's sulphur in the water. Nothing like coming out of the shower smelling like rotten eggs.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Skeleton Ape posted:

The worst is when there's sulphur in the water. Nothing like coming out of the shower smelling like rotten eggs.

we need an :iceland: emote

e: well hot drat what do you know

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Cnut the Great posted:

i drink piss water from straight out the terlet

I know this feel.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the great thing about home-use water filters is that if you dont change the filters often enough they act as breeding grounds for all sorts of nasty pathogens

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Serious Frolicking posted:

the great thing about home-use water filters is that if you dont change the filters often enough they act as breeding grounds for all sorts of nasty pathogens

haven't had that issue but I did have an exciting experience with off-brand water filters recently :buddy:

the moral of the story is don't buy off-brand water filters

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i usually filter my water with my apple watch, its quite........... handy :smug:

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Skeleton Ape posted:

Lol absolutely not.

zerowater does remove lead, although im pretty sure it doesnt remove flint levels of lead.

also if you drink water out of your fridge door, it is likely you already have a "top tier" consumer filter that is also certified to remove lead. because of this most people are in fact pussy rear end water filter drinkers

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Skeleton Ape posted:

Always reminds me of grandma's house, where if there was no full moon out, it really was pitch black outside.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

zerowater does remove lead, although im pretty sure it doesnt remove flint levels of lead.

also if you drink water out of your fridge door, it is likely you already have a "top tier" consumer filter that is also certified to remove lead. because of this most people are in fact pussy rear end water filter drinkers

hell yeah fridge drinkers

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

The Goatfather posted:

its bvest just to recycle them imo

Good enough for Kwisatz Haderach, good enough for me!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
OP, have you ever seen a Commie drink a glass of water? Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face. OP, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, OP, children's ice cream. You know when fluoridation first began? Nineteen hundred and forty-six. 1946, OP. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
it was aliens you moron

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Yes but I add lead to the water because it tastes better.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

my fridge door filters the water so I use that.
Thanks!

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
pfft I even use filters on my shower head

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I'd never used a water filter until I moved to my current apartment. The city water is good, but the pipes in this place must be made of old pig intestines from the 1930's. My Brita tap improves the taste by like 1000%.

Agreeing with you here, buddy

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

my pineal gland must remain pure from governmental fluoridal mind control in order to commune with the spirit world, so yeah, i do NEED it

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

A passive filter is not going to remove many harmful things. It will improve the taste, though, and having a jug of cold water on hand is nice.

Insensitive
Aug 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I use a reverse osmosis filter at home, the water tastes like nothing (the best).

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Homer J. Fong posted:

I drink 5 to 8 gatorades a day so I don't even need to drink water.

e: I do put the Gatorade through a Brita pitcher filter first tho

Somebody tried putting all kinds of drinks through a Brita filter to see what would happen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmFx1ZjOEIg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Look at these plebs with their filters

:smuggo:

• Locked thread