Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

nachos posted:

what the gently caress is going on with the ipad? So the ipad air is dead and is replaced by a smaller version of the current ipad pro, which will also be called the ipad pro. What happens to the big rear end ipad pro?
I hate how it just bumped all the prices up even though it's the natural progression for the regular iPad. It's this fake-rear end premium that's tacked on because it's called "Pro." Plus, there's no 64gb option and the 32gb is just too small for me nowadays. The 128gb price at $749 is painful to me.

I had wanted to upgrade from my Air 1 64gb model and pass it down the line to my mom who deals with using an iPad 2 still, but that price is just looming over me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

nachos posted:

what the gently caress is going on with the ipad? So the ipad air is dead and is replaced by a smaller version of the current ipad pro, which will also be called the ipad pro. What happens to the big rear end ipad pro?

Still exists, gets a 256gb model for like $1,099.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

So what are they going to call the SE when they refresh it?

iPhone SE2?

They're starting to sound like car model names. You'll get the iPhone LE, the iPhone SRT...

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I'll stop talking about camera warts, I promise, but...

Does the full size pro have a protruding camera too? I've never seen one in person.

I just cant get over the fact that for a product they expect one to draw on, with it flat on a table, that it'd have a protruding camera to make it wobble. I guess they need "something" to upgrade in a years time.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Snuffman posted:

I'll stop talking about camera warts, I promise, but...

Does the full size pro have a protruding camera too? I've never seen one in person.

I just cant get over the fact that for a product they expect one to draw on, with it flat on a table, that it'd have a protruding camera to make it wobble. I guess they need "something" to upgrade in a years time.
I just checked through image search. Nope, the larger Pro has a flush camera. Yikes. So... Wobblegate 2016 in regards to the 10 incher.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

TheWhiteNightmare posted:

does 9.3 let you put more than 4 icons in a row on ipads

The beta doesn't.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.

nachos posted:

wait there's a 13" MBP and a 15" MBP wtf is going on i don't get it

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

NeuralSpark posted:

You could do this with the USB Camera kit and a hub for years now. They've just taken out the hub requirement by allowing higher power devices on the lighting port.

Ah did not know that

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Snuffman posted:

For sure it does not, but it may not be as "nice" of a camera as the new warty poo poo.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

MrMoo posted:

USB Ethernet adapter for iPad Pro is here!

Is this for real, or do you mean that the demo is done using a wired connection because they always do that.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

~Coxy posted:

Is this for real, or do you mean that the demo is done using a wired connection because they always do that.

They explicitly mentioned using a USB to Ethernet adapter with it through the camera connection kit adapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Huh, interesting. I wonder whether that will become an officially supported solution.

• Locked thread