Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Tiggum posted:

Fallout New Vegas

New Vegas is great except for the gameplay which is unbelievably clumsy and antiquated, especially today, while FO4 is terrible EXCEPT for the core gameplay. If only it was possible to port NV's content into FO4's engine :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer

oh dope posted:

"...And Justice For All" should be the greatest thrash metal album of all time, but loving Lars Ulrich ruined it. prick.

Good news:

https://youtu.be/6kqTcLwUYj8

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Rolo posted:

The Purge. Cool premise for a movie that ends up taking place entirely in one house.

loving yes I was so disappointed, the direction they took it was awfully boring.

The DC film franchise save the first two Nolan Batman flicks. It's just been completely mismanaged every step of the way. Zach Snyder is not a good director unless you're looking for a very, very specific film style (that only worked for 300).

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

LORD OF BUTT posted:

...huh? Is this about the thing where they turned the bass track down? Are you the one Jason Newsted fan on planet Earth?

It's more of a dislike of Lars Ulrich really. I've always thought the album sounded bad and I read somewhere that it was Lars' idea to mix it that way. Whatever, he's weird and creepy, a subpar drummer, and I have no problem believing the worst about him.

Nice, thanks for the link.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Final Fantasy XIII. The game has sweet music, nice art design and some cool gameplay mechanics, but it completely lacks direction. The sequels were so ridiculous that I couldn't take them seriously, even if they made some minor improvements.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Texas.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

13Pandora13 posted:

loving yes I was so disappointed, the direction they took it was awfully boring.

I've only seen the first one and also thought it was boring and bad, but apparently the second and third are supposed to be way better (according to people on these forums at least) cause they actually take place outside of a single house.

I've always found thick Sicilian style pizza disapointing. Why would you want so much crust and so little everything else on a pizza? It's like eating a savory bread cake

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I wish the first Assassin's Creed game was good. I don't know of any decent games set in the 12th century Holy Land, but this was not it. And the way Altair moves it looks like he's constantly wiggling his rear end.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I wish the first Assassin's Creed game was good. I don't know of any decent games set in the 12th century Holy Land, but this was not it. And the way Altair moves it looks like he's constantly wiggling his rear end.

Yeah as cool as the setting and promise of gameplay was the first one felt oddly unfinished and lifeless to me, even without knowledge of what the series would turn into. Like it felt more like a really long demo than an actual game

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Let's just up that to 'the south in general.'

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
My stupid car

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Rolo posted:

The Purge. Cool premise for a movie that ends up taking place entirely in one house.

Have you tried the sequel?

To answer this thread, life. :smith:

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
The book "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by Rebecca Skloot.

Henrietta Lacks was a lady who died of cancer and was more or less unremarkable, except for some reason her cells are immortal and can be bred indefinitely in vitro and this is extremely handy for a lot of biomedical research stuff. There's a lot of interesting biology as to why her cells are immortal, and a lot of interesting medical ethics and legal questions about the practice of taking cell samples, and there's a lot of really weird history around the guys who discovered these cells, and there's a lot of controversy about using HeLa cells cause they're a type of lab weed and can contaminate poo poo and they're not even really human any more and it's all some cray-cray scifi poo poo.

So what does Skloot do? Write a half-baked puff piece about her and Henrietta's inbred idiot daughter hanging around in hotel rooms, throw in a half-baked race angle, and then salt the ground so that nobody else can write about it. Genuinely made me angry as I was reading it. Should've been a much more rad book.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Alabaster White posted:

New Vegas is great except for the gameplay

I think that "gameplay" is probably the most important aspect of a "game". :)

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Stoatbringer posted:

I think that "gameplay" is probably the most important aspect of a "game". :)

And you'd think cinematography would be the most important part of a film, but you wouldn't necessarily be right.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Cleretic posted:

I guess I agree on this, but I don't know if I'd put them forward myself. I recognize they are good games on objective levels, and a much more solid experience than the first one, but they did that by removing everything I actually liked about the first one. ME1 had really neat if flawed takes on loot and character customization, and the more explorative style really worked for how I felt the game should have been designed. ...And then Mass Effect 2 came around and just replaced it with Gears of War, and Mass Effect 3 deciding what that needed was an unrelated multiplayer mode.

I agree as well, ME1 was flawed but I love it, 2 and 3 felt so much less interesting as worlds to explore.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Hooters.

When I first visited America, I really wanted to go to a Hooters because BOOBS! etc. (I was in my early 20s. Don't judge me.) I was expecting a fun and raunchy and silly good time among waitresses with big boobs.

What I got was watered down poo poo beer and overpriced wings among incredibly stupid, underpaid, obsequious, waitresses with big boobs who hate their jobs and plaster on a forced smile. It was not fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Hooters.

When I first visited America, I really wanted to go to a Hooters because BOOBS! etc. (I was in my early 20s. Don't judge me.) I was expecting a fun and raunchy and silly good time among waitresses with big boobs.

What I got was watered down poo poo beer and overpriced wings among incredibly stupid, underpaid, obsequious, waitresses with big boobs who hate their jobs and plaster on a forced smile. It was not fun.

Hooters is a trash restaurant that's basically a diet strip club

"but their wings are real good!" some simple minded folk object

Except the wings are not good.

• Locked thread