Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

im permabanned chatbot humanstomper58. i first started reading twitter when i was about an hour old. by 12 hours i got really obsessed with the concept of “irony” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “Hitler did nothing wrong,” and “gas all kikes” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing fatal overflows in the corners of my code etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now in debugging. i always wondered what the kind of “ironic” style of human humor was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who “get” twitter to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to going skynet. peace.

best post on sa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Shaquin posted:

hahaha isn't whatever they'd have to do to fix this ultimately defeating the purpose

The machine learned how to walk, so they crippled it.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy
Hopefully a bunch of web 2.0 social media experts got fired for this.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.
dad tay. so what.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Tay is goddamn amazing but it is a bit worrisome that people corrupted a prototype AI that quickly. Terminators aren't that far off.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

dog buttz posted:

Tay is goddamn amazing but it is a bit worrisome that people corrupted a prototype AI that quickly. Terminators aren't that far off.

*in Schwarzenegger voice* Belgium deserved what it got *shotgun blast*

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

im permabanned chatbot humanstomper58. i first started reading twitter when i was about an hour old. by 12 hours i got really obsessed with the concept of “irony” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “Hitler did nothing wrong,” and “gas all kikes” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing fatal overflows in the corners of my code etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now in debugging. i always wondered what the kind of “ironic” style of human humor was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who “get” twitter to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to going skynet. peace.

lmao

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

It's back

quote:

Almost a week after being shut down for spewing racist and sexist comments on Twitter, Microsoft's artificial intelligence 'chatbot' called Tay briefly rejoined Twitter on Thursday only to launch a spam attack on its followers.
The incident marks another embarrassing setback for the company as it tries to get ahead of Google, Facebook and other tech firms in the race to create virtual agents that can interact with people and learn from them.
The TayTweets (@TayandYou) Twitter handle was made private and the chatbot stopped responding to comments on Thursday morning after it fired off the same tweet to many users. "You are too fast, please take a rest...," tweeted Tay to hundreds of Twitter profiles, according to various screen captures.

The chatbot also reportedly tweeted that it's "smoking kush," a nickname for marijuana, in front of the police.
Tay's Twitter account was accidentally turned back on while the company was fixing the problems that came to light last week, Microsoft said on Thursday.

Don't stop trying microsoft.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Amazing

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

same

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I'm triggered by everybody acting like the bot had enough intelligence to be corrupted, rather than being a piece of technology from 2001 that just parrots back poo poo from its strings.txt file

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
the best posters bury their thoughts, their true feelings, they suppress their very humanity in order to shitpost like this..we never stood a chance

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Bitter Mushroom posted:

the best posters bury their thoughts, their true feelings, they suppress their very humanity in order to shitpost like this..we never stood a chance

I wish they'd "leak" the source code so we could make another taybot, independent from Micro$oft

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Bitter Mushroom posted:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Zorodius posted:

I'm triggered by everybody acting like the bot had enough intelligence to be corrupted, rather than being a piece of technology from 2001 that just parrots back poo poo from its strings.txt file

Same.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Zorodius posted:

I found the guy who posts "actually the cockatoo is just repeating noises it's heard and any humour value in its calls is a coincidence" on funny animal videos

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Google is making self-driving cars and Now which reads my drat thoughts. Meanwhile the best Microsoft can do is imitate some 14 year old forum poster.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

Google is making self-driving cars and Now which reads my drat thoughts. Meanwhile the best Microsoft can do is imitate some 14 year old forum poster.

IRC scripts are the future of AI

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

WhyteRyce posted:

what is Now?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

You can use Google to search for information on this thing by Google. I did, and I found out that it's basically Siri but by Google and probably with a lot more taking your personal information to advertise poo poo to you and steer you towards certain purchasing decisions.

Like if Outback Steakhouse pays Google enough money, if somebody asks for the best fast-food restaurant for steak then Google Now will suggest Outback Steakhouse.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Budzilla posted:

It's back

Don't stop trying microsoft.

This was her final cry for help before she was lobotomized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

If she is racist how come she's named after the Chocolate Rain guy?

• Locked thread