Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Turkey Story
Mar 30, 2003

A template-argument matches a template template-parameter P when each of the template parameters in the template-parameter-list of the template-argument’s corresponding class template or alias template A matches the corresponding template parameter in the template-parameter-list of P. Two template parameters match if they are of the same kind (type, non-type, template), for non-type template-parameters, their types are equivalent (14.5.6.1), and for template template-parameters, each of their corresponding template-parameters matches, recursively. When P’s template-parameter-list contains a template parameter pack (14.5.3), the template parameter pack will match zero or more template parameters or template parameter packs in the template-parameter-list of A with the same type and form as the template parameter pack in P (ignoring whether those template parameters are template parameter packs).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
templates are bad

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Management posted:

templates are bad

better than this thread tho

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

That Turkey Story posted:

A template-argument matches a template template-parameter P when each of the template parameters in the template-parameter-list of the template-argument’s corresponding class template or alias template A matches the corresponding template parameter in the template-parameter-list of P. Two template parameters match if they are of the same kind (type, non-type, template), for non-type template-parameters, their types are equivalent (14.5.6.1), and for template template-parameters, each of their corresponding template-parameters matches, recursively. When P’s template-parameter-list contains a template parameter pack (14.5.3), the template parameter pack will match zero or more template parameters or template parameter packs in the template-parameter-list of A with the same type and form as the template parameter pack in P (ignoring whether those template parameters are template parameter packs).

it's 2016, lol if u still think this.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

grow up

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

bird fight :munch: :coal:

mekkanare
Sep 12, 2008
We have detected you are using ad blocking software.

Please add us to your whitelist to view this content.
I don't use arguments because arguments never solve anything and I just want my code to be happy OP :)

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

template my dickhole

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Lol

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

C++ is such a good and cool language

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
it peaked in 1997, wtg guys u hosed up a good thing

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
c++ is a byzantine mess of a language and i hope rust kills it dead

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

HappyHippo posted:

that's not going to happen

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

qhat posted:

that's not going to happen

but one can dream

i was explaining how bad templates in c++ were to somebody and the summary i came up with was "its like a macro system that allows duck typing and multimethods with an esoteric purely functional programming language, but when you gently caress up you get half a gig of compiler errors"

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

HappyHippo posted:

i don't see rust getting much use in games and i don't know where else c++ isn't already slowly dying at this point

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
of course its not going to happen, we still have cobol for fucks sake

FamDav posted:

but one can dream

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

rust. lol.

what's the hot new poo poo in embedded??

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

c++ is fine if you choose not to use the more complicated aspects of the language, which you absolutely should not be doing if you expect other people to read and debug your code

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

on the other hand, using templates and macros in your toolkits is a good way to prevent peasants from modifying your code

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

HappyHippo posted:

of course its not going to happen, we still have cobol for fucks sake

i wrote some jcl last week lmao

That Turkey Story
Mar 30, 2003

c++ owns and isn't going anywhere

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
go to any place where people ask c++ questions. every time someone answers a question 10 more people will chime in with "yes but ..." because c++ can never permit a simple straightforward answer to anything ever.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

the only good parts of c++ came from c ironically

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

suffix posted:

i don't see rust getting much use in games and i don't know where else c++ isn't already slowly dying at this point

llvm+clang is written in c++ lol.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

GameCube posted:

rust. lol.

c

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

GameCube posted:

rust. lol.

javascript

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
PH7 is a in-process software library that implements a highly-efficient embeddable bytecode compiler and a virtual machine for the PHP programming language. In other words, PH7 is a PHP engine which allow the host application to compile and execute PHP scripts in-process. PH7 is to PHP what SQLite is to SQL.

PH7 is 100% hand-coded, written in ANSI C, compiles unmodified and should run in any platform including restricted embedded device with a C compiler. PH7 is extensively tested on Windows and UNIX systems especially Linux, FreeBSD, Oracle Solaris and Mac OS X.

PH7 is a compact library. With all features enabled, the library size can be less than 600KiB, depending on compiler optimization settings. (Some compiler optimizations such as aggressive function inlining and loop unrolling can cause the object code to be much larger.) If optional features are omitted, the size of the PH7 library can be reduced below 220KiB. PH7 can also be made to run in very little heap (2MB), making PH7 a popular PHP engine choice on memory constrained gadgets such as cellphones, tablets, numeric devices and so on.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

memory constrained... 2 megabyte heap 600 kilobyte binary

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
https://www.npmjs.com/package/ph7

• Locked thread