Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
What's funny is that one of the sublines for Beast Wars was the Fuzors line, who were Transformers whose alternate modes were chimeric animals. Of the numerous characters in this line, only two named Quickstrike and Silverbolt actually appeared in the cartoon though a third character, Tigerhawk who appeared very late into the cartoon, was recognized as a Fuzor in the Transformers Animated: The AllSpark Almanac II that was released in 2010.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaperAmigo
Feb 26, 2016

Very Hard

Oceanic Eggscapades

Chilling out at Pirates Island while wrapping up the last few missions for it. Egg Gallery has been updated with a ton of eggs we got last video.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
What's funny is that there is a game where you play as a kiwi called The NewZealand Story. It was apparently hugely popular in the UK as well.

PaperAmigo
Feb 26, 2016

Very Hard

Chimera-gui posted:

What's funny is that there is a game where you play as a kiwi called The NewZealand Story. It was apparently hugely popular in the UK as well.

You actually just reminded me. They did make a game about a kiwi. And it actually was made by Yuji Naka. Whoa. He really does like making games about silly-looking birds. That didn't even occur to me when we were joking about it.

PaperAmigo
Feb 26, 2016

Very Hard

Volcano Eggspedition

New vid, and another world down. Egg Gallery has been updated.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
You're thinking of Kirby: Squeak Squad where one of the Ability Scrolls you could collect allows you to recover health by using Sleep though you're still defenseless while doing this so it's best to do it in a safe area.

PaperAmigo
Feb 26, 2016

Very Hard

Chimera-gui posted:

You're thinking of Kirby: Squeak Squad where one of the Ability Scrolls you could collect allows you to recover health by using Sleep though you're still defenseless while doing this so it's best to do it in a safe area.

That's the one. I knew I wasn't just making that up.

Haven't forgotten about the LP or anything. Been a bit busy, and I want to finish the next world before I start uploading. Should have a new video up beginning of next week.

PaperAmigo
Feb 26, 2016

Very Hard

Eggceleration? Full Speed Ahead

That's enough backtracking. Next time we cover new ground. Egg Gallery updated with the one egg we got last time.

PaperAmigo
Feb 26, 2016

Very Hard

High-Flying Eggrobatics

To the carnival we go. No new eggs from the last video, but we get more here.

PaperAmigo
Feb 26, 2016

Very Hard

A Tad Eggcentric

Billy continues his genocide as he pries defenseless crows from their cages and pelts them with oversized eggs. Egg Gallery has been updated.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I started watching this LP and this is quite a charming game.

PaperAmigo
Feb 26, 2016

Very Hard
Just a heads up, updates will continue in about a week or so. NaseDase needs a new piece of equipment for our mic setup. So until we get that, I'll be recording the remaining gameplay footage so updates will be more frequent from then on. (This LP should have been long over by now, anyway.) Ah well. Rookie mistakes.

PaperAmigo
Feb 26, 2016

Very Hard

Eggsplosive Eggscort

Alrighty. We're back. Egg Gallery has been updated from last video.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Japan has a somewhat different grading system than the US, the system is as follows:
  • Shū (秀) - Exemplary/excellent, is represented as a S, is between 90–100%, and is rarely given
  • Yū (優) - Very good, represented as an A and is between 80–89%
  • Ryō (良) - Good, represented as B and is between 70–79%
  • Ka (可) - Average/passing, represented as C and is between 60–69%
  • Nin (認) - Approved/acceptable, represented as D/F and is between 50–59%
  • Fuka (不可) - Unacceptable/failure, represented as F and is between 0–59% or 0–49%

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I've eaten tripe and thousand-year eggs before and they're not bad.

PaperAmigo
Feb 26, 2016

Very Hard

Chimera-gui posted:

Japan has a somewhat different grading system than the US, the system is as follows:
  • Shū (秀) - Exemplary/excellent, is represented as a S, is between 90–100%, and is rarely given
  • Yū (優) - Very good, represented as an A and is between 80–89%
  • Ryō (良) - Good, represented as B and is between 70–79%
  • Ka (可) - Average/passing, represented as C and is between 60–69%
  • Nin (認) - Approved/acceptable, represented as D/F and is between 50–59%
  • Fuka (不可) - Unacceptable/failure, represented as F and is between 0–59% or 0–49%

That actually makes more sense now. I was so used to the standard "A being the top" grades from NiGHTS and Sonic Adventure that I thought the new "S" system was just them trying to one-up themselves. Cultural ignorance.

Mraagvpeine posted:

I've eaten tripe and thousand-year eggs before and they're not bad.

What I had was balut, (bird embryo) and the problem was that I didn't know it was supposed to be cooked beforehand. (I ate it raw, via goading from NaseDase) I downed it. But I'm sure I would've actually enjoyed it, if it was prepared.

PaperAmigo
Feb 26, 2016

Very Hard

Free-Range Freak Show

Finally done with the circus. It seems like we're nearing the last level on the map...

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

PaperAmigo posted:

That actually makes more sense now. I was so used to the standard "A being the top" grades from NiGHTS and Sonic Adventure that I thought the new "S" system was just them trying to one-up themselves. Cultural ignorance.

Yeah, games are rather inconsistent about the grading system used. The only reason I knew that the Japanese grading system used S was because one of the games I had as a child, and still have now, named Rival Schools uses it for the Evolution Disc's Lesson Mode which would make sense given the setting.

I believe that Sega has confirmed multiple times that all Nightmarens, including NiGHTS, are genderless.

PaperAmigo
Feb 26, 2016

Very Hard

Sand Ruin Eggscavation

Finally, some new eggs to collect.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Corvidae is the family that crows belong to along with ravens, jays, and magpies among others.

PaperAmigo
Feb 26, 2016

Very Hard

Hatching a Plan

Pardon the hiccup at the beginning of the vid.

More pyramid riddles, but nothing too challenging. Egg Gallery has been updated. (Only a few more eggs to go!)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm the exact opposite - I mostly play games on console because it is more comfortable for me due to my living room being bigger than my computer room, but there are exceptions. Currently got Driver San Fran on Steam that I'm running through for example because it is the best driving game.

PaperAmigo
Feb 26, 2016

Very Hard

Walking on Eggshells

New vid. Revisiting some underused mechanics.

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm the exact opposite - I mostly play games on console because it is more comfortable for me due to my living room being bigger than my computer room, but there are exceptions. Currently got Driver San Fran on Steam that I'm running through for example because it is the best driving game.

NaseDase has tried to convert me to dabble in PC, but I just don't play anything other than console. I know the benefits; I'm just too stubborn/simple-minded, I guess.

I actually wonder what the PC version of this game is like. If there's any difference in performance or bonus content.

PaperAmigo
Feb 26, 2016

Very Hard

Not so Over Easy
Segga Bonus Eggstravaganza

Last video for the Sand Ruin. As well as a neat bonus video. (I've been waiting to show this off for a while.)

We're nearing the end!

Egg Gallery has been updated.

PaperAmigo
Feb 26, 2016

Very Hard

A Deviled Duel

Here at last. But we're still not done yet.

Egg Gallery has been updated. (Only one egg missing now.)

PaperAmigo
Feb 26, 2016

Very Hard

Going the Eggstra Mile
Eleggant Palace Platforming

A bit late on the update, so I got two more ready. We're on the homestretch of the game now. I really do like this level, despite it's flaws.

PaperAmigo
Feb 26, 2016

Very Hard

Eggzit's That-a-Way

Multiplayer Cockfights

Final update! End of the Story Mode missions and one last bonus video. Egg Gallery has been updated with the one new egg we got earlier and is now totally complete.

Thanks to anybody who watched, posted in the thread, or just made fun of NaseDase! I had great fun doing these, and enjoyed an excuse to go back and play this game. (Despite its' flaws and repetitiveness.)

I'll leave the thread open for a bit longer before closing.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Thanks for showing off this underrated game. I hope someday this game will get a wide release and more attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Thanks for LPing this game, I was always curious about it so I was happy to follow the thread.

• Locked thread