Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
Why do smaller bags of potato chips taste way better than large bags?

I can't be the only one who has noticed this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Because it allows you to delude yourself into thinking your not a fat piece of poo poo

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Chip manufacturers are only allowed to put so much flavor in each bag, but due to a loophole in the Chip Fairness Act of 1865 the size of "1 bag of chips" was never defined. Therefore chip manufacturers are able to concentrate more flavor into the smaller bags. Legislation has been put forth to change the law to a specific amount of flavor per serving instead but obviously the chip lobby is fighting it.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
It's like how a dealer gives you a sample of his primo and it gets you hooked there is a single serve chip machine that blasts flavor crystals deep into the chip, tricking your brain and making you crave chips.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

One time I got a 1.5oz or whatever bag of Ruffles cheddar + sour cream and at the bottom was a nickel-sized chunk of flavor powder, smooshed together in a fat ball. Almost too much of a good thing but Still considered one of the best days of my life.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

The paradoxes inherent to the structure of human desire

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

It's the flakes of cocaine they put on the chips.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

somene in grade 6 told me the monkeys piss in lays and would offer you some lays and laugh if you ate the chip because a monkey pissed in the lays

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
The best chips are the big ones that are so big that you have to break them in half to fit in your mouth. You are wrong, op.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
you eat pieces of poo poo for breakfast?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

dad gay. so what posted:

you eat pieces of poo poo for breakfast?

its a cycle, poop in, poop out, poop in, etc, you get the idea

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

satanic splash-back posted:

its a cycle, poop in, poop out, poop in, etc, you get the idea

i do get the idea. thank you.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
The good poo poo always settles to the bottom and the small bags are all bottom.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
because your chips begin to oxidate the minute you open the bag. so if it's a small bag you can just shove the whole thing in your mouth before it loses that new chip smelltaste

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I am The Fury posted:

Chip manufacturers are only allowed to put so much flavor in each bag, but due to a loophole in the Chip Fairness Act of 1865 the size of "1 bag of chips" was never defined. Therefore chip manufacturers are able to concentrate more flavor into the smaller bags. Legislation has been put forth to change the law to a specific amount of flavor per serving instead but obviously the chip lobby is fighting it.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Hand crafted in small batches. Artisan chips.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
The conveyor belt operator can rub his dick all over every chip in the tiny bag, but his member cannot reach every morsel in larger bags. That taste you enjoy so much is actually just a bunch of dick grease.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Because of nitrogen gas

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Eli5

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Every Sunday morning, I pour half a cup of warm lavender oil into my colon. For the whole week after, my farts smell like a Bed Bath & Beyond.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Zorodius posted:

Every Sunday morning, I pour half a cup of warm lavender oil into my colon. For the whole week after, my farts smell like a Bed Bath & Beyond.

lol if your shits + farts dont smell like that anyways... what the gently caress kind of diet you on?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Airborne Viking posted:

because your chips begin to oxidate the minute you open the bag. so if it's a small bag you can just shove the whole thing in your mouth before it loses that new chip smelltaste

this is the real answer. oxidization. now everyone else please shut the gently caress up and close this terrible thread and then ban op

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I agree, sometimes I buy the family size bag of chips and the flavor is terrible. So I stick with the smaller personal sized bag of chips.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I agree, sometimes I buy the family size bag of chips and the flavor is terrible. So I stick with the smaller personal sized bag of chips.

eat the whole family sized bag in one sitting, alone

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
it's the same reason smaller bags of weed cost more: bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

they dont youre having a stroke

• Locked thread