Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Someone should do an LP of Xenoverse. I'm kind of interested in that game, but I never followed the DBZ series closely enough to appreciate it.

Though even I realize that your guy going super saiyan like this is super loving lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

SSNeoman posted:

Someone should do an LP of Xenoverse. I'm kind of interested in that game, but I never followed the DBZ series closely enough to appreciate it.

Though even I realize that your guy going super saiyan like this is super loving lame.

I would like to do an LP of Xenoverse eventually, but it'd require a bit of practice before I felt like I could show it off.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Xenoverse is a super fun game but I have no idea how you'd make a good LP out of it, when most of the game is either grinding or PQs with barely any story to them. I guess you could streamline the whole thing, but I'd still find it hard to do myself.

That said I'd follow a Xenoverse LP in a heartbeat and contribute my knowledge of both the series and the games whenever possible, because Xenoverse is a game I dearly appreciate despite its flaws (it is, in fact, the Steam game I've played the most, and not only did I complete every master (except Old Kai, gently caress him), but I also took photos cosplaying as them and I love those). Basically Xenoverse is what we deserved after poo poo like this game and I'm so glad it exists.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

Xenoverse is a super fun game but I have no idea how you'd make a good LP out of it, when most of the game is either grinding or PQs with barely any story to them. I guess you could streamline the whole thing, but I'd still find it hard to do myself.

That said I'd follow a Xenoverse LP in a heartbeat and contribute my knowledge of both the series and the games whenever possible, because Xenoverse is a game I dearly appreciate despite its flaws (it is, in fact, the Steam game I've played the most, and not only did I complete every master (except Old Kai, gently caress him), but I also took photos cosplaying as them and I love those). Basically Xenoverse is what we deserved after poo poo like this game and I'm so glad it exists.

Let's Playing games that shouldn't be let's played is my favorite!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I didn't know if Xenoverse was any good until I saw someone show it off. Of course, the guys doing it were incompetent, but they did the storyline stuff and eventually bothered to do the PQ stuff. Maybe alternate from plot to PQ until the big bad is beaten. End of LP.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

"I have to believe in myself, I guess." - Hero

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I would have accepted General Rilldo as the first main villain. Getting punked by Baby would continue the nonsense of what was GT.
Cooler was also launched into the Sun the first time.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This game just gets more nonsensical by the minute. At least before they seemed to know about the characters. Baby here feels like everything except Baby, like the game treats him like a common Great Ape without ever thinking about how his role makes literally no sense.

Not only is he much weaker than he should by any means be (it took a Super Saiyan 4 to beat him!), the game conveniently forgets that, for Baby to have that form, it means that he's inside Vegeta's body. This gets completely ignored, and I guess this Baby just...somehow turned into a Golden Great Ape on his own, in spite of that needing him to not only take over a Saiyan, but also the Bruits Wave Generator that Bulma made as said Saiyan would then need to become a Great Ape.

Even his moveset is painfully generic, with only one of his moves being one of Baby's signatures (the giant ball, Baby's finisher, Revenge Death Ball). A Super Galick Gun would've been nice, but then again, that'd mean acknowledging that he is in Vegeta's body. Better to just randomly drop Vegeta now as a mentor without explanation. Sigh.

I'll give Ultimate Tenkaichi two things though: it bothered to give the protagonist a Super Saiyan hairdo (which Xenoverse doesn't), and it made GGA Baby look beautiful. But then again, looking pretty is the only thing this piece of poo poo does right.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I thought there was a hair option of Super Saiyan that anyone can wear? You can become Brian.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I love how despite this game's badness it's still not getting you nearly as :negative: as Deep Black did.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Somehow, the writing is getting worse and worse. At least the game acknowledges it as Baby in his subtitles, but nothing else. We didn't even get a closure on the narration saying there was evil men making this great ape do bad things. It just dropped it entirely. Unless it turns out Omega Shenron is the one who did it. And why would Omega Shenron make a wish from Shenron? That makes no sense. He's Omega Shenron. He could just cause chaos himself. You say in the video that this is basically a five year olds fanfiction. And I can see that. But it some how feels like an insult to fanfiction. And what a hero we have. For ages we'll remember the motivational line, "I have to believe in myself, I guess."

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Warmal posted:

Somehow, the writing is getting worse and worse. At least the game acknowledges it as Baby in his subtitles, but nothing else. We didn't even get a closure on the narration saying there was evil men making this great ape do bad things. It just dropped it entirely. Unless it turns out Omega Shenron is the one who did it. And why would Omega Shenron make a wish from Shenron? That makes no sense. He's Omega Shenron. He could just cause chaos himself. You say in the video that this is basically a five year olds fanfiction. And I can see that. But it some how feels like an insult to fanfiction. And what a hero we have. For ages we'll remember the motivational line, "I have to believe in myself, I guess."

The Hero Mode was definitely cobbled together at bare minimum effort. We're two real battles away from the ending.

SSNeoman posted:

I love how despite this game's badness it's still not getting you nearly as :negative: as Deep Black did.

It is very, painfully boring, but it's not also frustrating. Much.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'll give Ultimate Tenkaichi two things though: it bothered to give the protagonist a Super Saiyan hairdo (which Xenoverse doesn't), and it made GGA Baby look beautiful. But then again, looking pretty is the only thing this piece of poo poo does right.

It's easy to make a game look pretty when you use the exact same graphics and soundtrack from a game made a year prior.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

It's kind of obnoxious how short of a game this is then. We've barely done anything and there is literally no story. I had first figured we got super saiyon so quickly because it'd be weird if we couldn't do that until end game. But the fact that we're in end game... there isn't really much reason to get this game.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Warmal posted:

It's kind of obnoxious how short of a game this is then. We've barely done anything and there is literally no story. I had first figured we got super saiyon so quickly because it'd be weird if we couldn't do that until end game. But the fact that we're in end game... there isn't really much reason to get this game.

The story mode that follows the actual DBZ storyline is decently long, but I don't think it's fun either.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, I have so many comments to make here. Let's see...

-Not only wishes made in Z and GT make the Shadow Dragons. Wishes made in the very first Dragon Ball were also part of them, like Pilaf's wish for panties.
-Freeza doesn't say he's 1-Star's daddy. He says he's his mama. It's a very bizarre conversation.
-Saibamen having different types is as old as the NES game Kyushu! Saiyan. In fact, the exact same types are reused not only for different games in that series, but for Xenoverse as well, in a neat throw-back. The Sagas types are different. Also, yes, Sagas might be a bad game but it's better than this piece of poo poo.
-You say that Ultimate Tenkaichi was the last game released in that flurry of mediocre to bad games, this is not true. For Kinect was actually released afterwards, reusing the same graphics while at the same time somehow having even less gameplay. That was still Spike, too. Afterwards we thankfully got more original games, like Xenoverse.

Also I guess we could say this is a very faithful to the anime game. So much pointless filler :v:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I figured there'd be some more obstacles, but man the game was really blatant about that.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

-Not only wishes made in Z and GT make the Shadow Dragons. Wishes made in the very first Dragon Ball were also part of them, like Pilaf's wish for panties.
-Freeza doesn't say he's 1-Star's daddy. He says he's his mama. It's a very bizarre conversation.
-Saibamen having different types is as old as the NES game Kyushu! Saiyan. In fact, the exact same types are reused not only for different games in that series, but for Xenoverse as well, in a neat throw-back. The Sagas types are different. Also, yes, Sagas might be a bad game but it's better than this piece of poo poo.
-You say that Ultimate Tenkaichi was the last game released in that flurry of mediocre to bad games, this is not true. For Kinect was actually released afterwards, reusing the same graphics while at the same time somehow having even less gameplay. That was still Spike, too. Afterwards we thankfully got more original games, like Xenoverse.

Also I guess we could say this is a very faithful to the anime game. So much pointless filler :v:

Oh yeah I keep forgetting Spike made kinect.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Zophar was Omega Shenron the whole time.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Oolong wished for the panties.

The early Dragon Ball games had like 6+ types of Saibamen. One of them copying a character right up to their power level.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Our quest comes to an abrupt and pitiful end

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Gonna play some Budokai Tenkaichi 2 to get the taste of this game out of my mouth, hope everyone had a good thread.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
On the one hand, that was not an ending at all.

On the other, the game sucks so it's good they finished it on this non-ending.

Thanks for showing the game off, hope to see you run through another better game.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That ending is old school as hell. Good bye, Zophar.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Zanzibar Ham posted:

On the one hand, that was not an ending at all.

On the other, the game sucks so it's good they finished it on this non-ending.

Thanks for showing the game off, hope to see you run through another better game.

Going to finally finish up Cursed Crusade first, I think.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
If you want to play a better Dragon Ball game, Xenoverse is on sale for under $20 on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/323470

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Scalding Coffee posted:

If you want to play a better Dragon Ball game, Xenoverse is on sale for under $20 on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/323470

I already own Xenoverse on PS3, but I'll tell my friends, thanks.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

It looks like our hero believed in himself, I guess.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

GamesAreSupernice posted:

I already own Xenoverse on PS3, but I'll tell my friends, thanks.
How is the DLC?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I actually like this ending. It ties well with GT's lesson that you can't rely on the Dragon Balls for everything, though then again, what's the point of Ultimate Shenlong if he can't even undo his own wishes? That's dumb, but I do like the hero's way of getting out of that problem.

I mean, it's futile because the Earth will explode in a year and kill everyone in it, but details.

Also I'd totally watch a series about this hero. For some reason he was super polite this time and I loved it, after how much of a jerk he was before. What a great guy. And umm...does the game expect you to keep playing after this? Your stats went, at best, up to B, and I'm guessing there's one to two more ranks afterwards (A and possibly Z, knowing these games), plus you unlocked three new mentors by beating Ultimate Shenlong. Is there a postgame or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

I actually like this ending. It ties well with GT's lesson that you can't rely on the Dragon Balls for everything, though then again, what's the point of Ultimate Shenlong if he can't even undo his own wishes? That's dumb, but I do like the hero's way of getting out of that problem.

I mean, it's futile because the Earth will explode in a year and kill everyone in it, but details.

Also I'd totally watch a series about this hero. For some reason he was super polite this time and I loved it, after how much of a jerk he was before. What a great guy. And umm...does the game expect you to keep playing after this? Your stats went, at best, up to B, and I'm guessing there's one to two more ranks afterwards (A and possibly Z, knowing these games), plus you unlocked three new mentors by beating Ultimate Shenlong. Is there a postgame or something?

You can fly around and re-do the missions you've already done, if that is what you mean by post-game.

• Locked thread