Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I was unemployed at the wrong time and missed grandfathering into harbormobiles sweet unlimited tmobile plan, I'm on a lower tier they don't offer anymore. At least I am on a non carrier brand phone, no contract and no overage charges.

psa anyone still on those plans stay on them unless google fi can someday do you better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug

AEMINAL posted:

i doubt google is lovely enough to pull a bait and switch. the reddit outrage would be immense
Maybe I was standing on my head when you wrote that or maybe you got it the wrong way around.

Because Google Fibre is in the market, the other ISP in the area that Google Fibre is available will *magically* drop their prices to match.

This sort of thing:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2015/12/09/why-att-is-out-building-google-fiber/

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Lol at you scrubs, I have a company based plan that my major corporation has with a major provider, i pay under 20 a month for unlimited data, I do need to pay .05 per min for voice but lol who uses that, also I have no etfs should I need to use it.

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015
https://www.google.com/amp/s/9to5mac.com/2016/08/17/new-att-data-plans-no-overage-charges/amp/

We did it everyone, free data for all!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Google Fi FTW

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I am never ever giving up my OG iPhone unlimited data plan. I have the OG iPad unlimited plan as well.
Over my dead body AT&T, over my dead body.

naem
May 29, 2011

You can take my unlimited grandfathered in data plan from my cold dead hams

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
T-mobile just announced unlimited data is back

Suck it, Verizon

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015
Poor Canadian and Australian goons

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I have an unlimited data plan from Verizon and it's fast as gently caress; I tether my laptop to it so I don't have to pay for home broadband.

I suspect they will take it away from me soon though.

xdirtypinkox
Aug 12, 2004

And it gets easier as I pass the Edward Scissorhands village where privileged white kids date rape girls and taunt me in their SUV's.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I have been on a grandfathered unlimited data plan on Verizon since 2008. They try so desperately to get me off it. In November of 2015 they announced they were raising the price of unlimited for the 1% of customers who still have it by 20 bucks a month.

This happened to me although I have 2 unlimited lines so they just raised my rate by 40 extra dollars a month because...gently caress me right? I called and complained about loyalty how much they suck and after threatening to pay the 40 extra dollars and just canceling my ISP and using my phone as my only internet source and basically rape their connection. They eventually caved and only raised the fee to only 20 for both lines.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i dont pay the bills but i have a phone and i dont know how much it costs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Lol If you aren't grandfathered in to unlimited data. Do phones even have wifi? Never tried. :smug:

• Locked thread