Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

katlington posted:

And then by boomers about genx. Its pretty funny imo

Every generation hates eventually young people for listening to strange music that's just sounds like noise to them and having it way too easy compared to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Toddler
Jan 11, 2016
at millennial day care theyre teaching the children to say poo poo and oval office

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

things were better when we had rotary phones

you had to take extra care to enter the number properly or you'd be there for hours. hours! and god help you if your friend had any nines in his number

now these drat kids type the number into their drat i touch phones willy nilly, with careless abandon, and they don't even start or end their calls with "hello" or "goodbye"

drat kids

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Volume posted:

I work in the business/finance office for a large health care system that has hospitals in 5 different states.

It is driving me insane that my regional director of finance does not have any sort of finance education. She started out as a call center rep and has been around for 20+ years. Even the VP of finance has a “computer science” bachelors degree.My newly appointed “supervisor” has a bachelor’s in motion science ( he wanted to be a physical trainer but that didn’t pan out, so he too started as a call center rep and worked his way up).

I’m a few terms away from graduating with an accounting degree and a CPA certificate on top of my masters in Psychology.

The fact that my direct managers and upper level VP of finance are less educated but have “been around” for 20+ years makes no sense to me.

How can a huge organization with a complex financial and billing system be run by people with no education, or education that doesn’t pertain to the job? Does this happen at other large corporations?

It’s becoming a sticking point, so much that I don’t respect or look up to my managers.

Being promoted just because you haven’t left yet isn’t admirable to me.

I'd assume because they've been moving round the company for 20 years learning how everything works? I mean I'm one of the few hippies left who still thinks a degree has value, but experience rightly trumps it almost every time (hard tech excepted).

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Volume posted:

I work in the business/finance office for a large health care system that has hospitals in 5 different states.

It is driving me insane that my regional director of finance does not have any sort of finance education. She started out as a call center rep and has been around for 20+ years. Even the VP of finance has a “computer science” bachelors degree.My newly appointed “supervisor” has a bachelor’s in motion science ( he wanted to be a physical trainer but that didn’t pan out, so he too started as a call center rep and worked his way up).

I’m a few terms away from graduating with an accounting degree and a CPA certificate on top of my masters in Psychology.

The fact that my direct managers and upper level VP of finance are less educated but have “been around” for 20+ years makes no sense to me.

How can a huge organization with a complex financial and billing system be run by people with no education, or education that doesn’t pertain to the job? Does this happen at other large corporations?

It’s becoming a sticking point, so much that I don’t respect or look up to my managers.

Youre must be retarded otherwise you'd understand that work experience trumps academic credentials just about every time. Hth

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Having powerful connections trumps both of those.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Volume posted:

You shouldn't put up with that. You obviously have the intelligence to make it on your own, I'd quit in the morning, first thing, if I were you. Then you get a long weekend to work poo poo out, and you'll have made your first million by Monday lunch, because of all your education.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah, I don't wanna pay no tax

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!
:gas:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Forceholy posted:

Agreed

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
millennial Yelper reviewing Joel Robuchon in Vegas: "way overpriced, burgers at Gordon Ramsay on strip are better"

same millennial Yelper reviewing a tattoo parlour in San Francisco: a three-page professionally formatted thesis beginning with "They it takes a master and an apprentice to craft a truly great work of art, and at <generic SF tattoo dive> this standard of excellence has been achieved; a true atelier"

Exploding Computer
Oct 6, 2006
Fun Shoe

Forceholy posted:

I'm sure the guy who wanted to be a personal trainer but had to settle for working his way up from the call center has friends in high places pulling strings on his behalf.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Internaut! posted:

millennial Yelper reviewing Joel Robuchon in Vegas: "way overpriced, burgers at Gordon Ramsay on strip are better"

same millennial Yelper reviewing a tattoo parlour in San Francisco: a three-page professionally formatted thesis beginning with "They it takes a master and an apprentice to craft a truly great work of art, and at <generic SF tattoo dive> this standard of excellence has been achieved; a true atelier"

or they go full pitchfork with it and 80% of the review is a flashback to some girl in high school that used to blow them

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Who the hell has to go to school for 28 years just to learn how the be a person SWEET gently caress!?!

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

That's really all that needs to be said.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Lincoln posted:

WHY DO THEY CALL IT OVALTINE
THE JAR IS ROUND
THE GLASS YOU PUT IT IN IS ROUND
THEY SHOULD CALL IT ROUNDTINE

:jerry:

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

MILLENNIALS!!!!!

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Volume posted:

I dunno, I somehow ended up as one of the folks you hate. I'm an accountant with no CPA and a liberal arts background who got into the field by being an office flunky long enough :feelsgood:

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Apr 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
The best part of being a millenial

• Locked thread