Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Microwaves Mom posted:

hmm I wonder how much crime organizations would pay for aretheyacop.com monthly memberships to view a database of police officer's pictures.

This was a law and order episode from over a decade ago. It opened with an undercover cop getting killed and an hour later a verdict was handed down to the guy running the website. So the system works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

i'm an undercover cop but I only post when I'm off duty

don't tell anyone!

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I think you're confusing "undercover" with "plain clothes/unmarked car".

A lot of info about where unmarked cars are located and descriptions of those cars does show up on social media.

Many years ago I used to live near a large police station. Not only were all of their unmarked cars at that time the same make and model, they also had sequential licence plate numbers.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
When I lived in Richmond in the 90's there was this street person with really explosive tourettes outbursts that hung out in a park that was in the middle of some VCU dorms. I remember seeing him being chased by some black dudes because he shouted racial slurs when they went past him. The guy had it pretty bad. The college kids felt bad for him and kind of adopted him as some sort of street person mascot, to the point where they started bringing him to parties and stuff. This was all over a period of two or three months.

After all that effort, it eventually got out that he was an undercover cop because he'd go to a local sub shop where he'd shown his badge to the manager to get a discount on his sandwiches. Good actor, but a goddamn dumb cop.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I don't know what's more obvious cop behavior, showing the badge or shouting racial slurs

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Wonder who he was actually trying to infiltrate? Though I wouldn't be surprised if it was all a ruse to bust the college parties...

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
speaking of funny cars OP, i saw this on my way out of my complex to work today. ive seen this guy ripping it up all over near me but i had no idea he was also a neighbor!

warning: if this breaks your tables why dont you buy a real loving computer

wow SA resizes images now thats pretty sweet

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

speaking of funny cars OP, i saw this on my way out of my complex to work today. ive seen this guy ripping it up all over near me but i had no idea he was also a neighbor!

warning: if this breaks your tables why dont you buy a real loving computer

wow SA resizes images now thats pretty sweet

that guy is pretty cool

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Zzulu posted:

Clearly you are not a high ranking criminal or you would know that a database like this exists in the deepweb. All law enforcement officers names and pictures are there, collected by moles or hacked. Whenever a guy rises in the criminal organization, background checks are made against this database. So even if you change your name and background, the badguys can still expose you by comparing your appearance or checking if you live on an adress marked as law enforcement
yeah I'm sure their facial recognition software is csi level.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

opus111 posted:

I saw some proper thugged out guy in a lovely car stick his flashers on and burn the road up this morning. Surely all it would take is an iphone and twitted to get this guy in trouble? How are police dealing with this?

lmao I get that this is technically "english" but i would never have gotten this from it:

Full Metal Jackass posted:

OP saw a guy that looked like a common "thug" in a lovely car, who then turned on some police lights. Therefore the guy he saw was actually a cop. He is asking the question: with the technology that the masses have today, how is it possible for this guy to maintain his cover?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I mean everyone under the age of 70 has a facebook and/or twitter and/or instagram so you just ask their name and then check their profiles and if the profiles all are really fake looking or have only been going for a few months or something they're obviously not who they say they are.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
*paging nsa*
I have drugs and guns but no fb so there's that I also have a drill press a cell phone and some copper plates

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

SmokaDustbowl posted:

man that sucks I never hear the cops doing that on my scanner

denver cops have loving terrible 'opsec' and have blabbed all kinds of poo poo on the radio that they probably shouldn't. i thought about trying to collect some data and give a defcon talk or something but i realized my life would become a nightmare of we-saw-you-weaving traffic stops and c&d letters

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Jonny 290 posted:

denver cops have loving terrible 'opsec' and have blabbed all kinds of poo poo on the radio that they probably shouldn't. i thought about trying to collect some data and give a defcon talk or something but i realized my life would become a nightmare of we-saw-you-weaving traffic stops and c&d letters

post it on 4chan

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
mods knew

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Strategic Tea posted:

Wonder who he was actually trying to infiltrate? Though I wouldn't be surprised if it was all a ruse to bust the college parties...

The park had big rear end dorms on every side, and was an open air CVS of drug awesomeness catering to the students. I'd guess he was getting into the middle of things so he could backtrack the bigger dealers sources.

It was so wonderful back then. There wasn't anything you couldn't get just by crossing the street.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

lmao I get that this is technically "english" but i would never have gotten this from it:

Im Sorry to hear about your mental redardation :(

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

opus111 posted:

Im Sorry to hear about your mental redardation :(

Perhaps it is you who is retarded, as evidenced by this thread n also by your inability to express your ideas in a clear manner

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Perhaps it is you who is retarded, as evidenced by this thread n also by your inability to express your ideas in a clear manner
he did, literally everyone but you understood him fine

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm a cop! *hides under covers*

What if every retard masturbator out there is actually a police plant, monitoring you? Makes you think.

naem
May 29, 2011

copts

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The Real Foogla posted:

nah man SBG had some kind of spastic idiot episode on page 1 too

so chalk up two for the "is bad at reading comprehension and context clues" club

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

The Real Foogla posted:

the op was pretty hard to understand but if you tried you could pick up what he was getting at.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
Most crime isn't particularly organized it's a loose connection of criminal actors acting more or less independently, at least in my experience. There's also the fact that someone who is a criminal isn't particularly likely to put them-self out there as a target by making a post on facebook or whatever along the lines of 'watch out for this narc'. You might say 'oh well why not takes steps to do it anonymously' but now were running into 'what a hassle' territory.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

the op was pretty hard to understand but if you tried you could pick up what he was getting at.

Are you and that hosed up guy from page 1 the kind of people who needed subs for the wire?

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Or those mentals on amazon who give russian books 1 star because of the palindromes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Undercover cops are lazy as hell in my town. Like omg this is a cop no way

• Locked thread