Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I can just sit here posting in the something awful dot com forums and whiz the tennis ball like 100 ft across the yard for my dog. No shoulder strain. No tennis elbow. It rules. Lmoa if you don't have a a hundred foot yard..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

when i throw a ball for a dog, i do so earnestly. loving poser.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

when i throw a ball for a dog, i do so earnestly. loving poser.

Yeah. I'm sure it loves your ten foot throws. Wow! What a chase!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Sorry that was rude.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
The neighborhood dogs used to love to chase balls we'd shoot out of Polish cannons, although they probably were kind of hot and tasted like ronsonol.

btw to all the people of Polish descent or nationality on SA I apologize for using a derogatory term from the bad old days.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
my dogs dont get how to fetch. they love to run after balls but then i have to go retrieve it. wtf is wrong w/ them

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
if u feed your dog nothing but tennis balls it will die

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

JiveHonky posted:

if u feed your dog nothing but tennis balls it will die

My dog only likes salmon food. Wtf is wrong with it!!

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

King of Bees posted:

defective. abort

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
She real shiny though

naem
May 29, 2011

King of Bees posted:

Your dog is a harbor seal, I'm sorry

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

thathonkey posted:

my dogs dont get how to fetch. they love to run after balls but then i have to go retrieve it. wtf is wrong w/ them

Hello fellow retarded dog owner.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The Chuck It was cooler when it was named the Atlatl.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
You guys should get dogs with retriever in the name.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Dave_Indeed posted:

The Chuck It was cooler when it was named the Atlatl.

Nothing new under the sun.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

thathonkey posted:

my dog does that sometimes when hes done, usually he'll bring it up close to me but doesn't drop it, then when i go to take it out of his mouth he runs away or around in circles

dumb doggy trying to make my fat goon rear end do exercise!!! meanwhile my dog is probably thinking dumb human, trying to make my fat corgi-mutt rear end do exercise!!! I'll show him :smugdog:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Xaris posted:

my dog does that sometimes when hes done, usually he'll bring it up close to me but doesn't drop it, then when i go to take it out of his mouth he runs away or around in circles

dumb doggy trying to make my fat goon rear end do exercise!!!

My dog does this but I play coy and eventually she gives up.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
false, the frisbee is the superior dog invention

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

King of Bees posted:

Nothing new under the sun.

Can you use your dog atlatl to whip rocks at cyclists?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

ColoradoCleric posted:

false, the frisbee is the superior dog invention

My dog has zero interest in frisbees or any other dog for that matter. Which is good because I play a lot of frisbee with the kids and the dog would be annoying. She is infatuated with tennis balls.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Dave_Indeed posted:

Can you use your dog atlatl to whip rocks at cyclists?

I supposed I could whip it at anything.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

King of Bees posted:

I supposed I could whip it at anything.

Go experiment please, I can't find any youtube videos of people using this device as a weapon against cyclists.

naem
May 29, 2011

thathonkey posted:

An ex gf had a dog that was a heat seeking middle for tennis balls. It was a muscly pit mix and throwing a ball through a dog park meant watching it ignore dogs and shoulder tackle anyone in its way to catch the ball before it hit the ground, then trot back happily knocking anyone over often just as they got to their feet. It wasn't mean just single minded

It wasn't a big dog just v solid and anything with a high center of gravity was going down. It didn't seem to enjoy fetch it was more I WILL FETCH THE BALL NOW, HUMAN, AND YOU WILL THROW

Once I fake threw and hid it behind my back and was immediately tackled full to the ground NO HUMAN, YOU MISUNDERSTAND

"Hey um, is that your dog? He keeps bumping into the other dogs a lot-" "Yeah! Hey sorry he's just really into fetch, let me get out of your way haha he's friendly though see? Here he comes-"

HUMAN, I HAVE RETURNED BALL, YOU WILL THROW NOW, WITH YOUR HAND

"Thanks yeah, he's a good looking dog-"

HUMAN, YOU WILL IGNORE THIS LESSER BEING AND THROW BALL NOW FOR I HAVE NOT THUMBS

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

An ex gf had a dog that was a heat seeking middle for tennis balls. It was a muscly pit mix and throwing a ball through a dog park meant watching it ignore dogs and shoulder tackle anyone in its way to catch the ball before it hit the ground, then trot back happily knocking anyone over often just as they got to their feet. It wasn't mean just single minded

It wasn't a big dog just v solid and anything with a high center of gravity was going down. It didn't seem to enjoy fetch it was more I WILL FETCH THE BALL NOW, HUMAN, AND YOU WILL THROW

Once I fake threw and hid it behind my back and was immediately tackled full to the ground NO HUMAN, YOU MISUNDERSTAND

"Hey um, is that your dog? He keeps bumping into the other dogs a lot-" "Yeah! Hey sorry he's just really into fetch, let me get out of your way haha he's friendly though see? Here he comes-"

HUMAN, I HAVE RETURNED BALL, YOU WILL THROW NOW, WITH YOUR HAND

"Thanks yeah, he's a good looking dog-"

HUMAN, YOU WILL IGNORE THIS LESSER BEING AND THROW BALL NOW FOR I HAVE NOT THUMBS

Pitbulls are poo poo dogs that murder children. Rednecks think it's bad owners, but they were bred to be pieces of poo poo so it comes naturally.

naem
May 29, 2011

HUMAN THE RITUAL OF FETCH IS NOW COMPLETE THE ANCIENT ONES COMPEL US TO RETURN TO THE APARTMENT OF MY MISTRESS WHERE I WILL LOUDLY LICK MY OWN ANUS AS YOU ATTEMPT TO WATCH ADVENTURE TIME

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Chuck this op *shows off my anus*

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Celluloid Sam posted:

Chuck this op *shows off my anus*

Rude .... Butt intrigued.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I have a muscular retarded dogmonster, whenever I throw something she watches it land and then turns around and tackles me.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

congrats on the shiny dog, OP

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
My cat fetches his ball. He is a real sweet baby and I am thinking about giving him some cat nip when I get home :catdrugs:

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
you have some serious issues if you can't throw a ball 100 ft without hurting your shoulder

are you 90 years old or did you ruin your arm j/oing too much or what

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
also it doesn't sound like it was "invented for dogs"

sounds like it was invented for humans who can't throw balls

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

King of Bees posted:

Yeah. I'm sure it loves your ten foot throws. Wow! What a chase!

i can throw a baseball 300 feet with better accuracy than your plastic dog toy can chuck it 100 feet maybe wait til you know how to challenge your dog before you make dog threads, buddy

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
lets compare throwing distance numbers itt. oh wait were already doing that? carry on

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

congrats on the noodle arm op

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

extra stout posted:

i can throw a baseball 300 feet with better accuracy than your plastic dog toy can chuck it 100 feet maybe wait til you know how to challenge your dog before you make dog threads, buddy

Little dusty about this? Can you throw it 300 ft like every twenty seconds for an hour?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I like to pretend like I'm throwing the ball, then the dog goes to run after it but then he stops and realizes nothing got thrown. Then he looks back and I can see the distrust in his eyes, but he'll forget I did him wrong 30 seconds later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Ein cooler Typ posted:

also it doesn't sound like it was "invented for dogs"

sounds like it was invented for humans who can't throw balls

Well jeesh. Throw a tennis ball 100 ft every 30 seconds for an hour and see how your shoulder feels. Now repeat every single day until your dog dies.

• Locked thread