Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

I hope you do some sort of big in-depth plot explanation video at the end because even knowing what happens in the game there's still a lot that I have trouble keeping straight. Watching this part again made me think of something that's either a plot hole, something I'm misunderstanding, or something that's covered in one of the 600 tie-in novellas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
If you want to, shoot me a PM with your question while it's still fresh and relevant. I've read most of the side lore and probably know why each thing happened when and why it did.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Kainé's "Grow strong" is one of those things that make a fair bit more sense with Brother Nier in mind. Papa doesn't exactly have all that much more growing to do.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Goddamn that update. I was thinking "I don't FEEL like we're near the end of the game" but welp :smith:

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 2, 2016

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

C-Euro posted:

Goddamn that update. I was thinking "I don't FEEL like we're near the end of the game but welp :smith:

Buckle up. poo poo's about to get crazy.

Love this game.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

So I guess Grimoire Noir's plan is to completely saturate the globe with shades?

It's really no wonder he and the Shadowlord were in such a hurry to leave. Seven minutes was all they could spare to play with us!

bhlaab posted:

I hope you do some sort of big in-depth plot explanation video at the end because even knowing what happens in the game there's still a lot that I have trouble keeping straight. Watching this part again made me think of something that's either a plot hole, something I'm misunderstanding, or something that's covered in one of the 600 tie-in novellas.

I definitely have at least one plot explanation video planned for when the really lengthy story events start happening. I might add one or two more depending on how things unfold!

AlphaKretin posted:

Kainé's "Grow strong" is one of those things that make a fair bit more sense with Brother Nier in mind. Papa doesn't exactly have all that much more growing to do.

I never even realized that that line was meant for Nier and not for Emil. I guess it still makes sense in that Nier is the only one even remotely capable of handling the Shades and now has a whole new tier of threats to deal with, but I do agree that it's a weird thing to say to a 40-year-old man.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Let's be real, there's only one choice with the lighthouse lady too

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Stumbled on this thread. caught up with all the videos. Nier is an amazing game and i'm glad it's getting an amazing VLP. I loved the drakengard videos. Are there plans to do one for drakengard 2 or 3?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Hey everyone, I'm afraid I don't have an update for you all today. To be honest, I probably won't have another update for your for a long time. I've mentioned in this thread before that I am currently dealing with physical health issues that make playing games very different and that some friends of mine have been helping me record to make up for this. Well, the physical health situation hasn't gotten any better since then, unfortunately. On top of that, the two pals that were helping me record footage both moved out of town for college at the end of the summer. This basically means that I have no way to record footage and I've pretty much run out of backlog at this point. A whole lot of other things ended up inconveniencing me while making this LP too, like my laptop giving out, my Elgato capture card malfunctioning, commentary tracks ending up unusable, footage coming out corrupted, a non-functioning Action Replay being shipped to my house, etc. Making this LP has been so tumultuous that The Curse of the NieR LP has become a running joke among my friends.

Starting this LP was kind of a bad idea to begin with considering my bad health and all the stuff surrounding it that has gone wrong since then hasn't exactly made it fun to work on. Now I'm in a position where I literally can't work on the LP any more and I'm thinking to myself "Yeah, that might be for the best actually."

So that's it; the NieR LP is cancelled. I'm sorry everybody. :sweatdrop:

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for all the hard work you put in up until now, you're one of the best in the business.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ChorpSaway posted:

Thanks for all the hard work you put in up until now, you're one of the best in the business.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I really appreciate all the hard effort you have put into this and I really respect the fact that you are so open about this, rather than letting the thread slowly die. Thanks for the time.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
For what is worth it was a great LP of the first half(ish) of Nier, but for now I wish you good health.

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.
Thanks for letting us know. I've really enjoyed watching you guys and the LP inspired me to play this again after years on the shelf so thanks for that as well.

Hope you'll be okay.

Smoky Bandana fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 29, 2016

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Thanks for what you (and your LP minions) gave us, this has been a consistently excellent LP! All the best with your health, for which the solution is obviously a series of convoluted fetch quests to distant civilizations.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Thanks for letting us know. Hope you get well. For what it's worth, It was an amazing LP so far. Best wishes!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Awww man :( I was really enjoying this, but real life comes first. Hope you have a swift and complete recovery.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Sorry to hear this, but yeah, it was a great run up to now.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Oh well, you got far enough into the game where we heard [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5xZbJDZZo4]This[/sub] so that's far enough.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

That is a shame. Here's hoping for a quick recovery.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

This was the LP I was always looking forward to the most, thanks for doing it for as long as you did.
I'll have to try playing the game myself because I'm really invested in the story at this point to not see it to the end.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I hope you feel better and are able to finish eventually. You are very entertaining and I've always wanted to know how this game ends. And I'm too lazy to read TDI's LP.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Indeed. Thank you for the entertaining LP, Nier's just one of those games that I could watch any number of LPs and never tire of it. I hope your health improves.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Awww, I'm so sorry to hear that. I really enjoyed this LP, but your health is top priority. Hope you feel better soon.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Sorry to see this end, but I hope it serves as a teaser to get others to play this amazing game. You did a great job with the beginning of the game, thanks. Hope you feel better.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Sorry to see this end, but your health is more important. Thank you for this great LP of the the first half(ish) of Nier!

Mundetiam
Apr 28, 2015
Thanks for all your effort up to now. You did good work and turned me into a fan of your commentary.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
yeah, let me re-emphasize that you are awesome and i want you to feel absolutely no guilt you couldn't continue on this. it's your health, friend.

if i ever get around to do my lp i totally need you as a guest commentator though, because your voice is hella soothing and you're good at banter.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
this was good, you are good

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Great LP, even with the abrupt end. Really got me invested in a game I'd otherwise never have cared about in the least, and the Drakengaurd recaps I would place solidly among the best videos this sub-forum has ever produced. I appreciate all the effort, I want to strangle my current LP for giving me a fraction of the poo poo you've apparently gone through for this one. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Sorry to hear about the videos Jordan, but I appreciate what you've done up until now. I hope you're still up to doing commentary on other people's LPs tho, you're a funny dude.

• Locked thread