Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
If you don't have kids you are AIDS to society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

spudsbuckley posted:

Sure they do.

Just as an aside, if you live in the US you have a 50/50 chance of ending up divorced.

Have fun guy.

I'd take those odds , depending on the waifu

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

What if you give your kids AIDS?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What if you give your kids AIDS?

Then it becomes a cancer on society

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Then it becomes a cancer on society

But what if...

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I'm pozzing all your neg asses :twisted:

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
pls don't poz my kids' neg asses

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

this thread is weird in a lovely way

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Breed this dusty boy oval office

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Lol if you think I'd have kids when I know they'll just grow up and become millenials.

That and my sexual identity was turned into a meme by idiots.

Sialia
Feb 12, 2016

LethalGeek posted:

Someone's bitter they were dumb enough to have lovely offspring :qq:

I think people end up regretting the choice more than most of them will readily admit

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
The only good reason to have kids is to have someone to take care of you when you get old but by the time I get old there will probably be robots for that.

Mordja posted:

Lol if you think I'd have kids when I know they'll just grow up and become millenials.

No, they are already bad enough, just think what is going to be after millennials.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Three Olives posted:

The only good reason to have kids is to have someone to take care of you when you get old but by the time I get old there will probably be robots for that.

yeah but the more you need actual help from your kids the more likely you'll be dumped in a home anyway so it's a wash

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Three Olives posted:

your birth mother knew you were defective and peaced out

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Three Olives posted:

No, they are already bad enough, just think what is going to be after millennials.

No room in your condo, huh

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
im gonna be starting a family soon and yall should too

mine are def going to need some other kids to beat up

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
when you feel the "clock ticking" just have sex (on the pill). You're brain is tricked to believe you're trying and you get to have the fun too. Doesn't that work ? I'm not a lady in her 30's so idk

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
not having children is sad, in the (very) end

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Kids are the best way to to vent your frustrations with lovely neighbors. "I'm terribly sorry Mr. douchebag my kid just drew dicks with chalk all over your sidewalk and driveway. Oh well kids will be kids I'm sure you can wash it off with a hose."

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Three Olives posted:

There's also Google's immortality project.

Plus there are numerous problems with having children specifically to have them take care of you as an old fart. They could end up too poor to do much of anything for you (which, with US healthcare costs, isn't all that poor), or grow up to be selfish shitheads who'd throw you to the wolves (no matter how hard you try to raise them right, there's always that pesky "free will" thing), or be too busy with children of their own.

Then you have the question of just how ethical it is to demand that your kids make major sacrifices so that your last couple years might be a bit more comfortable. I've seen several stories of people taking care of parents with advanced dementia, and I've drawn the conclusion that any parent who'd demand that level of sacrifice doesn't deserve it. And if you're going to being up tradition, remember that you're thinking of traditions which evolved back when:

a. The average household would have someone (specifically, someone with a vagina) on call 24/7 to take care of both kids and elderly relatives.

b. The standard treatment for a heart attack or stroke was "kiss your rear end goodbye" -most people could reasonably expect to pass away before having their minds deteriorate into something barely recognizable as human intelligence.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Cockmaster posted:

There's also Google's immortality project.

Plus there are numerous problems with having children specifically to have them take care of you as an old fart. They could end up too poor to do much of anything for you (which, with US healthcare costs, isn't all that poor), or grow up to be selfish shitheads who'd throw you to the wolves (no matter how hard you try to raise them right, there's always that pesky "free will" thing),

see if this happens you have to be a firm parent and arrange for your child to be kidnapped into a semilegal campsite where they are shown the other side of life and then they grow up into family loving lawyers

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/mar/25/i-paid-to-have-my-daughter-kidnapped-experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Lichy posted:

see if this happens you have to be a firm parent and arrange for your child to be kidnapped into a semilegal campsite where they are shown the other side of life and then they grow up into family loving lawyers

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/mar/25/i-paid-to-have-my-daughter-kidnapped-experience

I'm guessing this is one of the poo poo holes run by the mormon douche bags who also operated tranquility bay? Interestingly enough I worked with a guy who was sent off to one of their camps. Despite all this tough love, as an adult he was dropping bags of coke in the bathroom and eventually ended up in rehab.

• Locked thread